Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft commentary

there's a handful left, then... :dunno:

Moz is going to cu m back tonight and sign in late. He's going to be drunk and announce he's nailed another fat chick. This time in the 180lb range. He will then make his pick...and will be the 1st question mark selection of the evening! I love the 2:00am picks! JUST DO IT MOZ!

Moz ill give you $1 if you pick Matt Stover :o

Moz better get in soon or i will be the drunk poster.

Not going into work tomorrow, so I had 1,2,...7...18 beers.

Im going to start drafting shortstops and power forwards.

:cheers:

It is pretty complicated. If you look below this thread, you will see MFFL Draft round #1. Once you click on that, you will see that Ahill took MJD, then Meglamaniac took Calvin off year Johnson. Iamwood is now on the clock. If Moz would've updated the freakin thread, it would've helped a little as well. (rookie hazing - just giving you sh!t) :cheers:

I was just looking at first post for update, for real, too much for me to scroll back and forth. Are we going to use MFL on the 1st? How would we pre draft? I am feeling a round a day starting on the 1st. Maybe quicker, but I can't stand checking and re checking. I am not going to be available this weekend from mid fri morn to early mon. morn. The Lord of the Rings is on and Legolas is now Eddard Stark on the Game of Thrones. :thumbsup:

I was just looking at first post for update, for real, too much for me to scroll back and forth. Are we going to use MFL on the 1st? How would we pre draft? I am feeling a round a day starting on the 1st. Maybe quicker, but I can't stand checking and re checking. I am not going to be available this weekend from mid fri morn to early mon. morn. The Lord of the Rings is on and Legolas is now Eddard Stark on the Game of Thrones. :thumbsup:

As I recall we usually do the entire thing here.

But also, we typically have a 'Master draft thread' or something that lists the entire draft. So far we dont (and arent posting each and every round in the individual round threads.)

I was thinking of starting a Master draft thread so its easier to sort for guys taken as we get deeper, but it should really be someone with mod powers so they can update it (looking at you Moz)

Also with 12 hour picks, its not like it will be TOO fast and furious as we have a bit of time before the season starts.

Took my 8 YO son to the Bulls Heat game tonight just got home. Great game till they blew a 12 point lead with 3 min left :( still an electric atmosphere and a great time. Damn Lebron is just focking great.

As for my pick -- I REALLLLLLLLLLY wanted Forte but I will take R. White as the best WR left - with Ryan coming into his own and White as his #1 target he should be nice again.

My team depends on McFadden's health -- if healthy he is a top 3 back or at least PPG he was 2nd last season though he missed games. It was a gamble but he was #1 on my board to start the draft so I had to take him. Maybe they wise up and start throwing him the ball more.

Had Woody taken McFadden I would have taken Mendy. Vick was on my radar but I remembered how he looked when teams finally started to figure him out late last year and adjust. If he does like he did last year I agree he is a monster and I will regret passing on him..

Right now I like my RB - WR combo but alot depends on whats there in rounds 3-4-5.

thought about going RB again but Seeing White still there was surprising so I had to nab him but I know the RB run will start and there be nothing left when I pick again :( oh well

I was surprised to see White there still as well, and it was really close for me between him and Forte. However, there are just more good WR than there are RBs, so I knew that when it came back to me, I'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel for RB.

Ok, I've finally got my picks lined up... taking the best 2 left and then hoping and praying that the 4/5 turn treats me well.

Considered all of the guys pretty much in the order they went. Like all those picks.

Considered all of the guys pretty much in the order they went. Like all those picks.

Yeah, I concur. I am not real big on whomever picked L Fitz, he went long before I would have picked him. I probably should have kept MJD but am worried about his health, and I am not sure I made the right choice between SJax and McFadden, I feel SJax is more durable (with miles) and more consistent points but doesn't have the upside of McFadden. I picked Turner for more consistency and durability. I would guess Turner and SJax will both get career ending injuries early in the season now. Besides the Fitz pick, you guys are picking who I would have picked in those spots.

:music_guitarred:

Yeah, I concur. I am not real big on whomever picked L Fitz, he went long before I would have picked him. I probably should have kept MJD but am worried about his health, and I am not sure I made the right choice between SJax and McFadden, I feel SJax is more durable (with miles) and more consistent points but doesn't have the upside of McFadden. I picked Turner for more consistency and durability. I would guess Turner and SJax will both get career ending injuries early in the season now. Besides the Fitz pick, you guys are picking who I would have picked in those spots.

I agree nearly 100%. Wouldn't have taken Fitz that early and probaby not Calvin Johnson there, though I understand why he was taken. Good job so far guys. :thumbsup:

I like the Nick pick, his PPG average can put him top three if he stays healthy.

He wouldn't have gotten to you :ninja:

Figured as much.

I was salivating....

AJ + Nicks= :doublethumbsup:

So far it's been about standard par. There is one and only one player that is left I'm cherishing to have. If Meg takes him, I'm focked, and can't figure out what to do next. If Meg doesn't take him, I'm really going to like my team.

I guess I'll by doing some serious mocking at lunch tody. I'll take the shirt off, go out on the back patio, try to get a 30 minute tan so I'm not the whitest honkey at the neighborhood pool this weekend :overhead:

I'll mock a couple different scenario's and we'll see.

DON"T TAKE HIM MEG - DON"T DO IT :praying emoticon:

LOL ok let me know when you think was the last time somebody drafted Fitzgerald and regretted it at the end of the season??? Yeah that's what I thought! Under the absolute worst circumstances Fitzgerald put up 90 rec 1100yds 6 TDs. That's pretty much bust proof. He's exactly the kind of player you want during the lockout. A guy who has a history of working out on his own and being in top shape when training camp rolls around. The QB situation in Arizona was absolutely atrocious last year. Everything I'm reading says the QB situation is going to be addressed aggressively by the Cardinals front office. I think anything they do there will be a huge upgrade on the likes of Skelton/Max Hall/Anderson.

I think Sjax and Turner are huge risks. They both have a million carries and have been dinged up. Sjax had his lowest yards per carry of his career last season and who knows how mcdaniels plans to use him. My feeling is that a lot of those reception he used to get will be going to their TEs this year as mcdaniels looks to copycat what NE did last season. Turner could easily be splitting time with 3 RBs IMO. I think both RBs are on the downside of their careers. Meanwhile Fitzgerald is still in his prime at 27 and will likely be heading toward another 90-100 rec season with 1100-1200yds and 6-12 TDs

good pick Megla - I was really really wanting Hillis to slide to me. If you took him, I was taking Wayne. You have a pretty solid WR corps going with Calvin and Reggie :thumbsup:

like the Hillis pick, i was wondering how far he would fall. i think people want to label him as a 'flash in the pan' last year because he doesnt look like the typical stud RB. this is played off as they are worried about Hardesty etc, but imo for most its about his appearance.

im not sure he will be AS good as he was per game last year (imagining doing that to Balt again is tough...) but i think he is a very good RB, and $$$ in a PPR.

having a QB who is captain checkdown to hide his weak arm is helpful too.

RBs are soon to fall off a cliff imo.

like the Hillis pick, i was wondering how far he would fall. i think people want to label him as a 'flash in the pan' last year because he doesnt look like the typical stud RB. this is played off as they are worried about Hardesty etc, but imo for most its about his appearance.

im not sure he will be AS good as he was per game last year (imagining doing that to Balt again is tough...) but i think he is a very good RB, and $$$ in a PPR.

having a QB who is captain checkdown to hide his weak arm is helpful too.

RBs are soon to fall off a cliff imo.

I just didn't like many/any Jocstrap RB#2 options after Hillis. I was hoping Hillis or Forte would make it to 2.9 - - now I'm really not too sure who to take at 3.4. There will be some tempting qb's on the board... :ninja:

LOL ok let me know when you think was the last time somebody drafted Fitzgerald and regretted it at the end of the season??? Yeah that's what I thought! Under the absolute worst circumstances Fitzgerald put up 90 rec 1100yds 6 TDs. That's pretty much bust proof. He's exactly the kind of player you want during the lockout. A guy who has a history of working out on his own and being in top shape when training camp rolls around. The QB situation in Arizona was absolutely atrocious last year. Everything I'm reading says the QB situation is going to be addressed aggressively by the Cardinals front office. I think anything they do there will be a huge upgrade on the likes of Skelton/Max Hall/Anderson.

I think Sjax and Turner are huge risks. They both have a million carries and have been dinged up. Sjax had his lowest yards per carry of his career last season and who knows how mcdaniels plans to use him. My feeling is that a lot of those reception he used to get will be going to their TEs this year as mcdaniels looks to copycat what NE did last season. Turner could easily be splitting time with 3 RBs IMO. I think both RBs are on the downside of their careers. Meanwhile Fitzgerald is still in his prime at 27 and will likely be heading toward another 90-100 rec season with 1100-1200yds and 6-12 TDs

I regretted picking him last year. You are right about my picks. I suck. It was nothing personal, just what I think. I am not right very much, just discussing. But to me, Cardinals can be super aggressive getting a QB, but who can they get? I personally don't believe what people say in front offices too much, they are stupid if they are advertising to the whole world or they are playing games, either way it is not worth much to me. There were a few WRs I considered taking with my pick, I am thinking 1 or more will still be there when I pick again so I went RB. I also considered Hillis strongly, but I like ATL's upside more as a team and felt like I picked a more "secure" point getter. I am probably wrong.

I was going to choose him if he fell to me.

The other thing going in Fitz's favor is he tore his MCL in preseason last year, by the end of the year he was back to his normal dominating self, and was the #6 fantasy WR the second half of 2010.

I was going to choose him if he fell to me.

The other thing going in Fitz's favor is he tore his MCL in preseason last year, by the end of the year he was back to his normal dominating self, and was the #6 fantasy WR the second half of 2010.

I am happy with Nicks as a consolation prize though.

i was wondering when the next elite QB would go, with this scoring system im surprised he made it this far really. i would take Rodgers over Vick this year myself, but i am probably in the minority there.

i was wondering when the next elite QB would go, with this scoring system im surprised he made it this far really. i would take Rodgers over Vick this year myself, but i am probably in the minority there.

No, your not alone.

Rodgers is still going up.

I believe we saw the best Mike Vick.

I think the end of last season is an indicator for both.

good pick Megla - I was really really wanting Hillis to slide to me. If you took him, I was taking Wayne. You have a pretty solid WR corps going with Calvin and Reggie :thumbsup:

It was either Wayne or Hillis and in the end I went with what I thought was the safer player all things considered. I know that the lockout will not hurt Manning/Wayne, I'm not sure the same can be said for Colt and the Browns, plus Wayne owns the Jags and if I have to watch him tourch us at least I can get some FF points out of it. :bandana:

It was time for Rodgers to go - - - he too will get rushing yards and td's. Solid pick - he was due to go

Had to take the best WR left on the board in Jennings. I'm not counting on double digit TDs again, but think he should still be good for 80 receptions.

Plus, not much left as far as solid RBs go...

Had to take the best WR left on the board in Jennings. I'm not counting on double digit TDs again, but think he should still be good for 80 receptions.

Plus, not much left as far as solid RBs go...

Nice effort....

I'll pick in 10 minutes, need to make my coffee first.

Nice effort....

I'll pick in 10 minutes, need to make my coffee first.

PICK delay!!! :mad:

Wide open attack this yr...

5 wide! :banana:

While you all take the best WR's on the board, I'll happily stock up on RB's :banana:

CJ2k

Hillis

Bradshaw

now that's a solid start on paper!

that does look pretty fierce, just try and not take your 9th RB before you address other positions this year ;)

that does look pretty fierce, just try and not take your 9th RB before you address other positions this year ;)

Just a quick little scoring update for you all from the top 30 scorers in our league last year

RB - 9

WR - 1

Foster 6

Hillis 19

McCoy 21

Rice 25

Charles 26

CJ2k 27

ADP 28

McFadden 29

Forte 30

Roddy White 22

Running Backs rule the roost!

Not that it means much, or does it?

While you all take the best WR's on the board, I'll happily stock up on RB's :banana:

CJ2k

Hillis

Bradshaw

now that's a solid start on paper!

that would have been a good threesome last year, but i'm not feeling Hillis and Bradshaw this year... i'm definitely devising from my standard 3 stud RB mentality. But then again, I always can manage to find at least one steal, like Forte last year...

that would have been a good tiresome last year, but i'm not feeling Hillis and Bradshaw this year... i'm definitely devising from my standard 3 stud RB mentality. But then again, I always can manage to find at least one steal, like Forte last year...

Bradshaw is my main concern, but I just couldn't pass up the potential and that he's feeling great after two foot surgery's!

Hillis will be just fine! I'm not concerned about a certain backup potentially taking carries. In fact that might benefit Hillis so he doesn't wear down.