Sign in to follow this  
heavy-set

S. Holmes stays with the Jets

5 years, $50 million, $24 mil guaranteed - for a wr who stands 5'11" and caught 52 balls and 6 tds last year for you? :huh:

5 years, $50 million, $24 mil guaranteed - for a wr who stands 5'11" and caught 52 balls and 6 tds last year for you? :huh:

he was out the first 4 games though - - not sure how much more you could add to his stats from that :dunno:

Dude had 2 100yrd games last year..... Guess he cashed in on being superbowl MVP a few years ago.....good for him....bad for jets. If I'm them I would have spent less money and tried to get plax or s.rice. Big wrs that can help Sanchez

Maybe the contract is a bit much but it's not fair to state his value to the Jets based on stats. Especially on a run first team with a 2nd year qb while missing 4 games.

I would have liked to see Edwards back too, which doesn't appear to be happening right now, but to say the jets should have dropped Holmes, who had 5 tds in the 2nd half of the year, to start all over with new ones in a short off season doesn't make sense.

Overpaid, by alot.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Unbelievable they gave him this kind of money. The dude is not even in the top 20 WRs.

those of you pointing to his 52-746-6 line should probably also point out that he missed the first 4 games of the season and only got 1 target in week 17 before sitting when the Jets rested a lot of players.

Holmes wont wow you with AJ/CJ/Roddy numbers and he wont be expected to on a run oriented offense.

The money hes getting sounds high to me but when it comes to my home team, I try to not worry about what they are spending. At least until i see how it ultimately impacts the rest of their roster.

I want them to bring Edwards back but im thinking its a no-go and they probably want a cheaper option like Randy Moss.