Sign in to follow this  
tecklc2112

Lance Moore Hype...

Lance Moore - WR - Saints

Lance Moore is off to a "sizzling start" at Saints camp.

With Marques Colston (knee) sidelined for six straight practices, Moore is reasserting himself as Drew Brees' top target. According to the Times-Picayune, "Moore appears poised for perhaps the best season of his career." It's worth noting that the Saints gave him a legit five-year, $20 million contract in late July, which is more money than we would've expected. We're conservatively projecting the slot receiver for 63 catches this season, a number that will rise if Colston's knee woes continue.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Aug 12, 11:35 AM

Nice up. Even though sproles is in it wasn't long ago that Moore was a force with bush out.

I won't draft colston but I will take a chance on Moore and Meachem.

I like Moore in PPR leagues and Meachem in standard leagues.

People forget that Meachem went 46/722/9 his second year in the league and everyone thought he would explode in his third year (2010). That didn't happen--partly due to injuries--but maybe he explodes this year instead. If not you are only out a late-round pick.

Meachem is coming off as WR51, and Moore as WR52. Value, value, value! Love Moore, like Meachem, and think both beat those draft slots considerably.

Shhhhhhh! Dayum, I'm still getting him in the 14-16 rounds in mocks!

You do realize that like, maybe 200 people read this site right?

But it's the cool 200 people and everyone wants to know what the cool kids are doing. Keep it on the down low and they will debase themselves even more for a hint of our super awesome knowledge and coolness.

You can tell I am cool because I like to use the word awesome a lot and took the time to spell check it! :headbanger:

Can we please have this thread locked/deleted?! This clearly falls under the "rate my team" style drivel and should be immediately removed!

:ninja:

Can we please have this thread locked/deleted?! This clearly falls under the "rate my team" style drivel and should be immediately removed!

:ninja:

:lock: :thumbsup:

Also keep in mind there's no Bush. I remember Lance Moore benefited from that most of all since he got all the underneath routes when Bush was hurt that one year when Moore came out of no where (that will help with PPR too). Brees is gonna hit him up a ton.

My main issue with Moore is health obviously.

I like Moore in PPR leagues and Meachem in standard leagues.

People forget that Meachem went 46/722/9 his second year in the league and everyone thought he would explode in his third year (2010). That didn't happen--partly due to injuries--but maybe he explodes this year instead. If not you are only out a late-round pick.

Actually 2009 was Meachem's 3rd year in the league so this is his 5th. Although he didn't see the field at all in year 1. I'm with you though, if the guy can stay healthy for once he really has an opportunity to take off this year. Lets hope the shot in the back last night was minor. The price should be right on him though. Low risk, high reward.

Below the Radar - Count Damon in as someone targeting Moore. I think both Moore and Meachem are good values at their current ADPs. I'll be eying both in my upcoming drafts as my mood sours on Colston.

I've been consistently landing Moore in rounds 10/11 in my recent 14 team mocks...Meachem usually goes in round 8/9, but I've seen him slip to round 10 at times.