Sign in to follow this  
davidbostonisgood

NFL Sunday Ticket

I ain't buying & haven't for years. They raise the price every year & the product is the same. The last time I bought it it was $120. I have no idea how much it is now & think ya'll are crazy for paying anything over $100.

I ain't buying & haven't for years. They raise the price every year & the product is the same. The last time I bought it it was $120. I have no idea how much it is now & think ya'll are crazy for paying anything over $100.

$334.95 for returning customers.

:thumbsdown:

Well if you can afford it its worth it. I get it every year but usually work too much to watch it. I doubt i will get it this year if its $334

$334.95 for returning customers.

:thumbsdown:

Just call and threaten to cancel. They will work with you. I just got 6 months of HBO free and the Ticket for $150. I know others who have gotten better deals than that, but I thought that was a fair offer.

$335? Are you farkin kiddin me? I hope you get a few "happy endings" with that.

I just got it for $190 plus the to-go package ($50 value) for free. I said that was too much and I wanted to still cancel and he called my bluff so obviously that was as low as he was going to give it to me.

for $200 I think it is a good deal but if I didn't call it would have been $385 and that is way too much

Look, all you have to do is call Direct TV and say "cancel service". The automated system will automatically send you to the retention department. Once you are there, just tell them some story about how your wife lost her job and you need to cut back or your wife wants to cancel and go back to dish network or cable or something along those lines because she found a great deal. I just did this the other day and I also added that the only reason we had direct tv in the first place was because of the NFL ticket and there is no way I could justify paying for it again this year. A quick 30 minute phone call and I walked away with an upgraded package for less money than I was initially paying, free Starz and Showtime for 6 months, FREE NFL Ticket and Redzone and 10 bucks off my monthly bill for 1 year!

There is another FF site with a lenghy post on this subject and how well this works. Try it...worst that can happen is that if they call your bluff just say that you need to double check with your wife that you actually want to cancel. But I guarantee you they will offer you something!