Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Preseason Standouts

QB: Stafford, Freeman, Grossman (bleh...more so to solidify S. Moss's value)

RB: S. Ridley NE , Hightower

WR. S. Moss, J. Jones, Larry Fitz, V Jax

Who else we got so far? Add them as the game keep happening.

Obviously it was very limited action, but I thought Kolb was impressive. Paired with Fitz and in the division where defense goes to die, I love him at his adp as a backup.

Riley Cooper and Jason Avant are the receivers that few talk about with the eagles, but they've both had a good camp and good first preseason games.

Arizonas offensive line looked...well..bad against the raiders. I worry about Kolb staying healthy the whole season.

Julio Jones looked like he was running some good routes. He's a great dynasty pick and worth a flier late, but I'd take a few others in redraft leagues around his ADP. Then again, there's still more time to check how he does. Seems like the Falcons might air it out a lot more.

For IDP people, Jason Pierre-Paul? (3 first names! How can you resist?!)

He had three tackles, one assist and two sacks in the first quarter. In my league, that would project out to 60 fantasy points for a whole game. :D

TE - Olsen. Getting him last 3 rounds in mocks. You're welcome.

TE - Watson.

QB - Newton. He looked promising. Dynasty leaguers proceed. Tight frozen-rope passes.

Locker and Ponder both showed some promise.

As a homer, I was quite impressed with Locker. I expected to see happy feet and taking off too soon, a la VY when we drafted him. Locker stayed in the pocket, hung in there, and made some good throws. The long TD off a busted play (fumbled snap) was a beautifully thrown ball. And he played against the first teamers.

Ponder was harder to guage, as he came in late with the scrubs in there. His line was getting blown up every play. He did show a lot more mobility than I thought he had (the announcers said the same thing.) I would still worry about his size, but he looked ok.

This doesn't have much fantasy value for this year or the near future, but Stephen McGee impressed me. He did well last preseason and did well in mop-up duty at the end of 2010. I'm a Cowboys fan ( :wall: ) and have to admit, he reminds me of Romo a few years ago. Athletic, gun-slinger type approach; he's got that "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. He does make mistakes (like Romo), but makes up for it with big play ability. I've heard rumors that Romo is on a short leash (I disagree), so if he doesn't get it done this year, Jerry may look for a new starter in 2012.

I would still worry about his size, but he looked ok.

Jake Locker 6'2". 230lbs.

Christian Ponder. 6'2". 230lbs.

Eddie George is a dumba$$, you can't listen to anything he says while "broadcasting" a game. Last night might have been the worst coverage team I have ever heard.

Dion Lewis, RB, Philadelphia Eagles.

After watching the game this past Thursday, my initial assessment is that he's eventually going to be the #2 back behind Shady McCoy.

Very quick, accelerates through the hole, runs between the tackles. More importantly, he was picking up the blitz pretty well in that game, which is a very big hurdle for any back in Reid's offense, if that back wants to see time on the field this season.

Let's face it, Ronnie Brown is slow. Too many miles on those tires. I can't see him being the legitimate backup to McCoy this season. It'll limit what the Eagles will be able to do on the field b/c he isn't a threat out of the backfield.

It was just one game so I'll remain cautiously optimistic. Kid has some talent.

Yeah add both Watson and Olsen to the TE list.

Agreed. After the top 5 tight ends you might as well wait until the last few rounds of the draft and grab someone like these two. Watson is a safety valve for a young qb that likes to throw underneath in a te friendly offense. People tend to forget that Ben Watson lead all AFC tight ends in receptions last season.

Hmmmm. Olsen & Watson huh? Now why didn't I think of that? :blink:

Stafford looks real good. Look for Ingram to start for the Saints.