Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

Top 10 Redzone Targets/Top 10 Inside 10yd Line Targets

Another interesting point that probably not a lot of people realize.. I just got a magazine that shows Redzone targets from last year

Top 10 Redzone targets

24 Larry Fitzgerald

24 Danny Amendola (Great Value Pick, and now in a Josh McDaniels offense (possible Welker like numbers this year)

23 Lance Moore (Great Value Pick, adds yet another reason to look for him, shows why Drew Brees pushed for a new contract.. trust)

23 Wes Welker (Shows who Brady is going to trust when it is time to score)

22 Roddy White

22 Marques Colston

22 Terrell Owens

19 Pierre Garcon

19 Dwayne Bowe

19 Mike Williams (TB)

Top 10 Inside 10 Yardline targets

14 Larry Fitzgerald

13 Wes Welker (Again only makes him bigger in PPR leagues)

13 Danny Amendola (Again reinforces his sleeper potential in a Josh McDaniels offense where his young QB trusts him)

13 Miles Austin (Reinforces beliefs of Romo's trust in him)

11 Hakeem Nicks (Shows how huge he can be if he can play a whole season)

10 Terrell Owens

09 Santana Moss

09 Dwayne Bowe

09 Pierre Garcon

08 Mike Williams

08 Marques Colston

08 Hines Ward

07 Lance Moore (notable, watch him this year, could be a great pick if Colstons knee injuries keep effecting him)

Biggest thing I realized is how Important Wes Welker/Danny Amendola/Lance Moore are to their offenses and they are definitely worth targeting at where their Current ADP is... could get some great value picks this year

Good Stuff. Another point to why I have Fitz my #1 WR this year

Kolb virtually ruined Desean Jackson and WR's in general. What is your reasoning to why Fitz will be even better?

Interesting info...Thanks.

I was surprised not to see Calvin on the list for redzone. Maybe the Lions didn't have that many opportunities inside the redzone?

Interesting, but what could be concerning for guys like Amendola is that he was targeted that many times near the endzone and still only scored 3 TDs.

Was it bad luck and those same targets will translate to more TDs this year? Or does it show that even with a crazy amount of opportunities, he doesn't have the ability to score much? D

I guess the real qestion is do we have any data to suggest that the number of redzone targets is a good predictor of future TDs? I have no idea, but it is interesting info to look at.

Kolb virtually ruined Desean Jackson and WR's in general. What is your reasoning to why Fitz will be even better?

Kolb is better than any of the abysmal QB's Arizona had last year though.. and considering that is safe to say that is Larry Fitzgerald's floor.... with an upgrade at QB and no one else to throw to he has to be a much better option this year... in PRR leagues he could be argued for a #1 WR

Great post and great info, this is the stuff we all love to see, kudos! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Thats right 4 dancing bananas!

I am targeting Amendola and Moore in most my leagues based on their late ADP but it is rising quickly. It was 10th and 12th round respectively in first week of August, you need to get them in the 8th/9th respectively now. I suspect that will increase by one round as well by seasons start.

The possesion guys like Amendola and Welker never seem to score a lot of TD's but they drive the offense down there and get a lot of receptions. I think this is because of the shorter field position the defense can push up on those little curl routes these guys run in the red zone, where as, between the 20's the governing defensive strategy seems to be keep the possesion guys in front of you and don't let them break off a big run. I would not expect a big TD total from Welker and Amendola. In ppr leagues they are a gold mine though late round WR that can give you borderline #1WR numbers all year long simply on reception and yardage totals.

I havent seen enough of NO to be sure but Moore is used differently then Amendola and Welker, I think they throw more slants to him but not sure about this. I expect him to have the highest TD totals of these three guys though.

Great thread and info.

This is why coming to this board helps me win titles.

Top 10 Inside 10 Yardline targets

14 Larry Fitzgerald = 6 TD

13 Wes Welker = 7 TD

13 Danny Amendola = 3 TD

13 Miles Austin = 7 TD

11 Hakeem Nicks = 11 TD

09 Santana Moss = 6 TD

09 Dwayne Bowe = 15 TD

09 Pierre Garcon = 6 TD

08 Mike Williams = 11 TD

08 Marques Colston = 7 TD

08 Hines Ward = 5 TD

07 Lance Moore = 8 TD

I posted TD totals to go with the "inside the 10" guys. Interestingly, although these red zone looks are another cog in the decision making wheel on draft day, they just don't always equate.....for comparative purposes, below are a few examples from last year of guys who didn't make the list for getting major looks inside the 10, along with their TD totals:

Roddy White = 10 TD

Andre Johnson = 8 TD

Steve Johnson = 10TD

Calvin Johnson = 12 TD

Brandon Lloyd = 11 TD

Greg Jennings = 12 TD

Jeremy Maclin = 10 TD

Mike Wallace = 10 TD

Colston and L.Moore both on the list..Dam I like D. Brees this year....they always throw in the RZ...Hopefully Ingram wont change that too much

Despite Chris Carter saying otherwise, Desean is not in Fitz's league. Not even by a long shot. Fitz is a solid QB away from being on AJ's level, check out those career stats.

As a Saints' homer I like Moore's potential this year but have to say that I expect the Saints in the redzone this year will be a combo of Jimmy Graham, Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram and Darren Sproles getting the most looks/touches.

Fitz has done nothing but produce the past 4 years....with excellent qb play, to crying in a corner in the dark all alone qb play....I like him more the Andre Johnson simply for the ability to score double digit TD and lack of run game

I posted TD totals to go with the "inside the 10" guys. Interestingly, although these red zone looks are another cog in the decision making wheel on draft day, they just don't always equate.....for comparative purposes, below are a few examples from last year of guys who didn't make the list for getting major looks inside the 10, along with their TD totals:

Roddy White = 10 TD

Andre Johnson = 8 TD

Steve Johnson = 10TD

Calvin Johnson = 12 TD

Brandon Lloyd = 11 TD

Greg Jennings = 12 TD

Jeremy Maclin = 10 TD

Mike Wallace = 10 TD

Every one of those guys are deep threats too.

Roddy White = 10 TD

Andre Johnson = 8 TD

Steve Johnson = 10TD

Calvin Johnson = 12 TD

Brandon Lloyd = 11 TD

Greg Jennings = 12 TD

Jeremy Maclin = 10 TD

Mike Wallace = 10 TD

I keep banging the drum on Calvin Johnson and I see know reason to stop here. Would common sense tell us that with a healthy Stafford, Calvin would get more redzone love? I'd say, yes.

Do these numbers exclude tightends? If so, how easy it to get a similar list for the TE position?

Despite Chris Carter saying otherwise, Desean is not in Fitz's league. Not even by a long shot. Fitz is a solid QB away from being on AJ's level, check out those career stats.

I never said Desean was in Fitz league. Still look at what Kolb did to the production of the receivers when he played for the most part. The guy looked lost the majority of the time he played and was captain checkdown. Fitz is still the man and I expect a lot of slants for him. Hopefully he can turn them into TD's.

Do these numbers exclude tightends? If so, how easy it to get a similar list for the TE position?

i'll post those tomorrow when i get a few free minutes

I keep banging the drum on Calvin Johnson

I hear the beat, bro. Only injury will prevent Megatron from ending the year as the best FF WR.

I never said Desean was in Fitz league. Still look at what Kolb did to the production of the receivers when he played for the most part. The guy looked lost the majority of the time he played and was captain checkdown. Fitz is still the man and I expect a lot of slants for him. Hopefully he can turn them into TD's.

Excellent suggestion.

In the 5 games that both Jackson and Kolb have started, here are Jackson's stats:

5 games

17 catches, 338 yards, 19.9 YPR, 3 TD

Extrapolate those numbers over a full season, and you get:

54 catches, 1075 yards, 10 TDs

Yeah, look at what Kolb did to poor D-Jax :rolleyes:

BTW-Jackson's career averages?

57 catches, 1045 yards, 18.2 YPR, 6 TD

Excellent suggestion.

In the 5 games that both Jackson and Kolb have started, here are Jackson's stats:

5 games

17 catches, 338 yards, 19.9 YPR, 3 TD

Extrapolate those numbers over a full season, and you get:

54 catches, 1075 yards, 10 TDs

Yeah, look at what Kolb did to poor D-Jax :rolleyes:

BTW-Jackson's career averages?

57 catches, 1045 yards, 18.2 YPR, 6 TD

These numbers aren't correct

These numbers aren't correct

Yeah, they are.

Kolb has started 7 NFL games in his career:

9/20/09 against NO

9/27/09 against KC

9/12/10 against GB

10/10/10 against SF

10/17/10 against ATL

10/24/10 against TENN

1/2/11 against DAL

Kolb game logs

Jackson in those games:

9/20/09 against NO-4 catches, 101 yards, 1 TD

9/27/09 againsg KC-6 catches, 149 yards, 1 TD

9/12/10 against GB-4 catches, 30 yards, 0 TD

10/10/10 against SF-2 cathces, 24 yards, 0 TD

10/17/10 against ATL-1 catch, 34 yards, 1 TD

10/24/10 against TENN-Did not play

1/2/11 against Dal-Did not play

D-Jax games logs

Jackson's totals in those 5 games are 17 catches, 334 yards, & 3 TDs. When I extrapolated those stats over 16 games, I did round the TDs up from 9.6 to 10, other than that, everything else is balls-on accurate.

Yeah, they are.

Kolb has started 7 NFL games in his career:

9/20/09 against NO

9/27/09 against KC

9/12/10 against GB

10/10/10 against SF

10/17/10 against ATL

10/24/10 against TENN

1/2/11 against DAL

Kolb game logs

Jackson in those games:

9/20/09 against NO-4 catches, 101 yards, 1 TD

9/27/09 againsg KC-6 catches, 149 yards, 1 TD

9/12/10 against GB-4 catches, 30 yards, 0 TD

10/10/10 against SF-2 cathces, 24 yards, 0 TD

10/17/10 against ATL-1 catch, 34 yards, 1 TD

10/24/10 against TENN-Did not play

1/2/11 against Dal-Did not play

D-Jax games logs

Jackson's totals in those 5 games are 17 catches, 334 yards, & 3 TDs. When I extrapolated those stats over 16 games, I did round the TDs up from 9.6 to 10, other than that, everything else is balls-on accurate.

They're not accurate

Top 10 TE Redzone Targets

15 Jason Witten

20 Tony Gonzalez

15 Greg Olsen

15 Mercedes Lewis

15 Dustin Keller

14 Kevin Boss

13 Tony Scheffler

13 Zach Miller

12 Kellen Winslow

12 Vernon Davis