Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Heck with CJ what about Manning

How come not one thread on page one talking about Manning missing time? Is that not a very big fantasy football topic??

The more i listen to this nerve issue the more it sounds like he could miss more than a week or 2. There is no speeding this up and he is at the mercy of how long it will take. Could be few weeks or months. However until i see Kerry Collins or Painter out there in week 1 i still think Manning might play week 1.

Ill take Houston to win the division this year. :thumbsup: It also seems like the Colts are very unprepared for this.

Inconvenient truth for Colts: End in sight for Manning Era

Of course they are unprepared. So are fantasy owners of other Colts players who very may well be screwed. Hmm.... I dunno about this though. It doesnt seem likie an injury that would sideline you but what do I know?

Its either:

1) The Colts are insisting that news outlets remain tight-lipped about it and arent releasing any info.

2) It really isnt a big deal so there isnt any reason to keep updating it.

Hopefully for Colts player owners, its #2.

How come not one thread on page one talking about Manning missing time? Is that not a very big fantasy football topic??

The more i listen to this nerve issue the more it sounds like he could miss more than a week or 2. There is no speeding this up and he is at the mercy of how long it will take. Could be few weeks or months. However until i see Kerry Collins or Painter out there in week 1 i still think Manning might play week 1.

Ill take Houston to win the division this year. :thumbsup: It also seems like the Colts are very unprepared for this.

Inconvenient truth for Colts: End in sight for Manning Era

As it's been said on a few other Manning posts, this is an injury that there just isn't a clear timeline on. We can talk about it until we're blue in the face but it's not and ACL, MCL, etc where there are pretty good time lines for recovery. It's nerve damage and it is what it is. He can play with it, ala Steve Slaton, but it's going to be anybodies guess how much this will really hurt him. If the reports are true that he has no feeling in his throwing arm, that obviously can't be good. Doesn't mean he can't play like that but we'll see how effective he can be.

Ive got Addai on 2 teams so far and no Manning probably not good for Addai :wall:

Ive got Addai on 2 teams so far and no Manning probably not good for Addai :wall:

I've dropped all my Indy players off my radar for drafting. Indy is going to get killed this year.

I've dropped all my Indy players off my radar for drafting. Indy is going to get killed this year.

If Manning does not get the nerves to connect or whatever the hell they have to do quickly yes they will suck

I'm surprise too by the lack of discussion on this.

Manning's absence will have tremendous impact on the following players.

Wayne

Addai

Clark

Collie

Garcon

D Brown

That's a ton of players with their ADP dropping like flies.

I'm surprise too by the lack of discussion on this.

Manning's absence will have tremendous impact on the following players.

Wayne

Addai

Clark

Collie

Garcon

D Brown

That's a ton of players with their ADP dropping like flies.

Yeah like i said, i have taken Addai in 2 drafts already :wall: Stupid me. They interview Manning last night during the game and he sounded very positive but the reports i read are anything but positive.

Was just talking to buddy and he said Schaub and hell even Stafford was taken in his draft last night. Now i love me some Stafford this year but still couldnt take him over Manning even if Manning may not play soon.

I drafted CJ and Manning.... I am either :cry: or :banana:

:dunno:

me too! they were both steals - Manning was the 9th QB off the board

Best of luck to you (and me!)

they both just fell too low to pass up.

Only people on this board that think Manning is ready for week 1 are the Colts fans.

I'm a Colts fan and I don't think he'll be ready week 1.

I'm a Colts fan and I don't think he'll be ready week 1.

Its about damn time you got back here 'kmbryant' :wave:

What is your take on the RB situation in INDY? Ive got Addai in 2 leagues and took Donald Brown who is currently listed as the #2 but this Carter kid is making some noise? :dunno:

Wayne looked decent the other day...luck or what?

I'll take him in the 4th as a #2. Clark won't be as good, but you gotta think Painter's gotta rely heavily on someone. Wayne/Clark imo.

I took him as the 7th QB off the board... I think that is good value even if he misses 3-4 games. I grabbed Fitzpatrick who will have to air it out most games as the Buffalo defense is pathetic and there are still a few viable options on the WW if the match up is right.

My biggest concern is that no one seems to know. I heard a couple weeks ago that he was throwing with "decent velocity", but with him saying Friday night "I sure hope so", I am not sold. That doesn't sound like a guy that is very confident.

My goal was to get Stafford, but some guy started taking backup QB's in the 7th round. Consequently, Stafford and Bradford went the 2 picks before me to the guys with Vick and Rodgers both of whom went in the first. :wall:

I had no intentions of taking him but he fell too far and I couldnt resist. I almost immediately regretted the decision and nothing I have read makes me feel any better. If he does play is this an injury that could have lingering effects or can we expect his usual numbers? I grabbed Stafford but his health is no guarantee either.. if he goes down im screwed at qb.

I grabbed Peyton late 4th round in a 12 Teamer, couldn't resist the risk / reward. My backup is Bradford.

There is virtually no chance that Peyton misses any time. The Colts, Bill Polian & Manning in particular, do not want any information let out of the organization. They are very very private. Manning didn't even want anyone to know when his kids were born. Manning cares deeply about his games played streak, it is a badge of honor for him. He may be a little rusty, like he was when he came back from his knee surgery a couple of years ago, but he will be playing. Also the year of the knew surgery the Colts started 3-4 but ended up winning the division and Manning won his 4th League MVP award. I would have no problem drafting Manning, it looks like you can get him as a steal right now as well.

Its about damn time you got back here 'kmbryant' :wave:

What is your take on the RB situation in INDY? Ive got Addai in 2 leagues and took Donald Brown who is currently listed as the #2 but this Carter kid is making some noise? :dunno:

Haha, what's up PATSSOX - how have things been around here? I've been relatively quiet because in addition to my full-time job, I was picked up as a lead writer for a new Colts blog (Coltsider.com - everybody check us out!) that started up a month ago, and that's usually the time I'm most active on here.

Addai looks fresh, and he's a guy that Peyton Manning trusts. He's a bit of a sleeper this year, since he'll be THE guy in Indy so long as he stays healthy. He doesn't offer much upside, but for a 5th-7th round pick, he should be good for 75-100 total yards and a potential score most weeks. Brown is worthless. He's been outplayed by Addai, Carter, & James this preseason, and has been outplayed by the likes of Rhodes & Mike Hart last season. If he wasn't a former 1st-rounder, he'd be cut. Carter is the real deal. He reminds me of a slower version of MJD or Ray Rice - not saying he'll ever put up those kinds of numbers, but he's a compact bowling ball who was drafted to be a short-yardage back. He's really impressed at camp and in his preseason appearances, I think he'll be used to spell Addai and as a goalline/short yardage situation. If he gets most of the goalline carries, he's a real candidate to score 10 TD's, but I don't think he'll see more than 5-7 carries per game, unless Addai gets injured. If that happens, Carter will benefit more than Brown would.

Haha, what's up PATSSOX - how have things been around here? I've been relatively quiet because in addition to my full-time job, I was picked up as a lead writer for a new Colts blog (Coltsider.com - everybody check us out!) that started up a month ago, and that's usually the time I'm most active on here.

Addai looks fresh, and he's a guy that Peyton Manning trusts. He's a bit of a sleeper this year, since he'll be THE guy in Indy so long as he stays healthy. He doesn't offer much upside, but for a 5th-7th round pick, he should be good for 75-100 total yards and a potential score most weeks. Brown is worthless. He's been outplayed by Addai, Carter, & James this preseason, and has been outplayed by the likes of Rhodes & Mike Hart last season. If he wasn't a former 1st-rounder, he'd be cut. Carter is the real deal. He reminds me of a slower version of MJD or Ray Rice - not saying he'll ever put up those kinds of numbers, but he's a compact bowling ball who was drafted to be a short-yardage back. He's really impressed at camp and in his preseason appearances, I think he'll be used to spell Addai and as a goalline/short yardage situation. If he gets most of the goalline carries, he's a real candidate to score 10 TD's, but I don't think he'll see more than 5-7 carries per game, unless Addai gets injured. If that happens, Carter will benefit more than Brown would.

COOL :thumbsup:

Well you better keep us updated on inside scoop of Colts players. Ive been trying to read on the Colts RBs and what you said about Brown is what i have been finding out. I was high on Brown last 2 years and he has rarely produced. Im dumping Brown for Carter or someone else.

COOL :thumbsup:

Well you better keep us updated on inside scoop of Colts players. Ive been trying to read on the Colts RBs and what you said about Brown is what i have been finding out. I was high on Brown last 2 years and he has rarely produced. Im dumping Brown for Carter or someone else.

Yeah, Carter should provide more short-term rewards (TD's) and longterm potential if Addai goes down.

I do hold out hope that Brown could be a solid RB behind some solid blocking. Looking at what he did at UCONN, it's clear that he has talent. But he's a player that needs space, and our OLine hasn't been able to generate that necessary space. The Colts' line will be completely revamped though, which should really improve the running game. Either way though, I wouldn't rely on Brown. I actually did a detailed write-up on the Colts RB situation on that website if you want to check it out. It was my first article (about a month ago), so you'd have to dig through the archives a bit, but it's definitely worth while if you have the time & are looking for info about Addai/Carter/Brown.

Yeah, Carter should provide more short-term rewards (TD's) and longterm potential if Addai goes down.

I do hold out hope that Brown could be a solid RB behind some solid blocking. Looking at what he did at UCONN, it's clear that he has talent. But he's a player that needs space, and our OLine hasn't been able to generate that necessary space. The Colts' line will be completely revamped though, which should really improve the running game. Either way though, I wouldn't rely on Brown. I actually did a detailed write-up on the Colts RB situation on that website if you want to check it out. It was my first article (about a month ago), so you'd have to dig through the archives a bit, but it's definitely worth while if you have the time & are looking for info about Addai/Carter/Brown.

Link?? :wave: