Reggie Bush

Jonathan Stewart

Dwayne Bowe

Marques Colston

Julio Jones

Sydney Rice

Steve Smith (Phi)

Dallas Clark

I really like some of my guys, but I think my WR's are pretty terrible, other than Bowe I don't expect much. Talk me off the ledge!!! What do ya think?

10 team, starts 1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1def drafted from the 8 spot. here's my team

Peyton Manning

Joe Flacco

Chris Johnson

LeSean McCoy

Beanie Wells

Reggie Bush

Jonathan Stewart

Dwayne Bowe

Marques Colston

Julio Jones

Sydney Rice

Steve Smith (Phi)

Dallas Clark

I really like some of my guys, but I think my WR's are pretty terrible, other than Bowe I don't expect much. Talk me off the ledge!!! What do ya think?

If you had to give a textbook definition of a boom or bust team, this is it. Does Manning miss time? If so, down rate him and Clark - opposite if he's healthy. You have Johnson's holdout, Colston's injuries (and the general inconsistency of New Orlean's receivers), Bowe has more ups and downs than a roller coaster. Yeah, this team's either going to be really good, or really bad. I don't see much room in between.

You could hope Bush or Wells blows up and then trade them to someone with WR depth. Your WRs are a source of concern. Too many maybes and hopefuls. That team is going to mean a lot of agonizing every Sunday.

I am not a fan of that team. It looks like one giant question mark, surrounded by average players. You could however bust out with your question mark players having great years, but I see up and down point totals each week making hard predictions and unclear starters.

Could you link to your draft or at least place rounds where you selected your team?

get off the ledge. you've taken some risks and drafted very aggressively, but you have some serious potential value in there. if CJ plays, you're going to be a very dangerous team for any opponent any week. IMO, you're either going to finish around .300 or you're going to the playoffs. there's very little middle ground.

i agree with everyone else--your WRs are quite weak. that's the price you paid for the RB depth. what really bothers me is colston. to me, that looks like a mentally lazy pick based upon where the team was rather than where the team is going. it's irksome because the rest of your draft was really aggressive, and all of a sudden you have this wimp-out pick with very little upside. i would MUCH rather see a reach for a lance moore or a britt or a collie in that spot, because that would tally with the rest of your aggression.

but i think you did OK--you played to win.

you are fine. I see 3 potential first round picks on ur team if manning plays like manning and CJ gets in uniform. A top qb, and 2 top 6 rbs. Its basically a guarantee that if u dont have an elite wr on ur team u will get boos from people rating ur team. WR is such a streaky position tho and ur guys should play just fine. great te, great rbs, wrs that will see some targets, ur draft was good for a ten teamer. Like another guy said, if a rb blows up u can deal for a wr.

Is it me, or do you have like 7 players that should be drafted in the 5th-7th rounds:

-Beanie Wells

-Reggie Bush

-Jonathan Stewart

-Joe Flacco

-Dwayne Bowe

-Marques Colston

-Dallas Clark

I know it's a 10-team league, but C'mon...

It does look like an ultimate risk/reward team having BOTH Peyton and CJ will either work out in a big way or not. Also Julio Jones might be your WR2 by year's end, if he lives up to the hype. Dallas Clark's numbers might be affected by Peyton's situation of course.

If you can somehow win 1 out of the first 3 weeks, your team might be scary after everyone comes back.

CJ scares me.

Agreed with what some others have said, I don't see any 3rd/4th rd picks, just 1st/2nd, then some 5th rd and later. And this is a 10-teamer? That may be the worst WR group I've seen in a 10-team draft. And the injury to Manning makes your QB's not very good...ugh! RB's are good though, assuming CJ starts the year!!!

I have the same 8th spot in a 10-teamer tomorrow, and you've just convinced me to go WR/WR with my first two picks! LOL

Can't talk you off the ledge, you should jump! :cheers:

Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate it. Here's the order I drafted everyone in:

1. (8) Chris Johnson RB

2. (13) LeSean McCoy RB

3. (28) Peyton Manning QB

4. (33) Dwayne Bowe WR

5. (48) Marques Colston WR

6. (53) Dallas Clark TE

7. (68) Julio Jones WR

8. (73) Beanie Wells RB

9. (88) Sidney Rice WR

10. (93) Reggie Bush RB

11. (108) Joe Flacco QB

12. (113) Jonathan StewartRB

13. (128) Steve Smith WR

14. (133) New Orleans DEF

15. (148) Garrett Hartley K

I think I made ONE big mistake that really cost me throuhout the rest of the draft, and that was Manning in the 3rd. It was way too high, I saw how quickly QB's were going off the board (2 in the 1st round and 4 in the 2nd) and really blew it. Had I gone WR WR at 3&4 I think my team would have ended up much better.

It sucks though, It's seriously depressed me for like 3 days now. haha

To keep myself from going off the edge, I'm going to have to assume Peyton and CJ play week 1. If they do, I have the best RB tandem in the league, for sure. I have a top 3 QB (IMO)one of the best 2 TE (IMO) and I like Bowe. Not to mention Beanie COULD be an impact player this year since ARI hasn't run out to get anyone else, he's gonna get lots of carries and Bush is going to start in MIA. If this league had a flex pos. instead of the 3rd WR, I would completely change my tune.

Agree with the lot here. You are the posterboy of boom or bust with this team. Unfortunately, you need a lot of things to work out just to be competitive.

If it comes out in your favor great. But I just don't have a warm fuzzy feeling thinking about all the variables that need to fall into place at the right time(s).

You took a few gambles & it shows. Maybe too many gambles?

Agree with the lot here. You are the posterboy of boom or bust with this team. Unfortunately, you need a lot of things to work out just to be competitive.

If it comes out in your favor great. But I just don't have a warm fuzzy feeling thinking about all the variables that need to fall into place at the right time(s).

You took a few gambles & it shows. Maybe too many gambles?

How does McCoy go 13th ? What was your League's first round ?

I'm debating McCoy at 6. :shocking:

Some draft results are weird, true. In my draft Chris Johnson went 15th overall and Peyton went 57th overall (that means Peyton was a mid-6th round pick). :shocking:

I'd be interested where they're going in drafts held this week and next, if their situations are still not resolved. Folks are getting spooked, I'm guessing, which is why they're dropping.

McCoy went 10th overall in my draft, btw.

Yes, this shocked me.

First round went

Foster, Peterson, Michael Turner!!!, Ray Rice, Michael Vick, Mendenhall, Andre Johnson, Chris Johnson, A Rodgers, Calvin Johnson.

Round 2

Jamaal Charles, Fitzgerald, McCoy Gore, McFadden, White, Jones-Drew, Rivers, Brady, Nicks

So, yeah. Michael Turner went way too early. And the guy who drafted him does pretty well, I wouldn't say he's a bad drafter before that pick...

so the fact i got McCoy and CJ is pretty awesome. But I would have had CJ and Fitzgerald had he fell one more pick.

an awful lot of people (myself included) are nervous about mccoy as a RB1. he won me a lot of games last season as RB2, but i would have difficulty drafting him in the 1st this season in standard scoring. i may be stupid, but the earliest i would take him is at the turnaround, paired with a high upside RB1. as i've posted in other threads, mccoy's production is tied both to his health and to vick's health. IMO, if vick goes down, mccoy becomes a flex play. i just don't want to deal with that worry at my first pick.

i've seen him fall to the 2nd round in a ton of mocks.