Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Anyone concerned with the Chiefs?

Maybe Haley is taking a different approach to the pre-season, god only knows, but I swear every since a 30-7 beat down by the Ravens in the playoffs last year the chiefs have looked clueless.

I might be smoking the crack rock but I seriously think all Chiefs and Charles especially have a chance of totally underwhelming this season.

There seems to be a strong belief - I know I hinted at it in one of my earlier articles - that the loss of Charlie Weis is going to set this offense back. Charles looks as quick as ever, but Cassel has not been the least bit impressive so far. If you look at how much Cassel and Bowe tore up the NFC West last year, maybe the time has come to be skeptical about KC.

When I heard Weiss wanted to leave before the season was even over, I knew the talk about Haley was true. Seeing the articles about McCluster becoming a full time running back, how Charles getting more touches is from fantasy football minded people, and I can only shake my head in disbelief.

I had my opinions about Haley but ignored them. After drafting Charles this year, I am growing to really hate this man. He hasn't earned anything to be so crazy.

When I heard Weiss wanted to leave before the season was even over, I knew the talk about Haley was true. Seeing the articles about McCluster becoming a full time running back, how Charles getting more touches is from fantasy football minded people, and I can only shake my head in disbelief.

I had my opinions about Haley but ignored them. After drafting Charles this year, I am growing to really hate this man. He hasn't earned anything to be so crazy.

I'd never be in a money league that drafts too early. We will/slways Draft on LaborDay Weekend (doesn't everyone have a 3day weekend), after the Preseason has played out, and 4 days before the season starts.

I'm 6 and stayed up til midnight to watch KC/STL, I'm hoping Charles goes in front of me and I can get CJ (see how drafting late removes some luck) or McCoy.

Not sure if it's time to panic, but it's the little things that move a player over another. This is a one of those things.

I'd never be in a money league that drafts too early. We will/slways Draft on LaborDay Weekend (doesn't everyone have a 3day weekend), after the Preseason has played out, and 4 days before the season starts.

I'm 6 and stayed up til midnight to watch KC/STL, I'm hoping Charles goes in front of me and I can get CJ (see how drafting late removes some luck) or McCoy.

Not sure if it's time to panic, but it's the little things that move a player over another. This is a one of those things.

I have faith that JC will provide RB1 numbers, and I never once thought he would get many more touches then he did last year. I agree that he should be kept healthy, and not a workhorse that breaks down. However, Todd Haley is taking it to the extreme. He is that mean old bastard that sees a child playing with a stick and having fun, walks to the kid, breaks his stick and lights it on fire just so the kid couldn't have any fun anymore.

I have faith in Jamaal Charles to do his thing again this year, maybe not as explosive as some of us would like, but im sure he will still have a good season.

Its that damn Matt Cassel i cant seem to believe in, also makes me doubt Bowe, not for a lack of skill though on his part.

Passing game is TERRIBLE!!!!! I don't know what's going on but if KC has no passing game, JC can expect a 8-man front on every play!! Not good!!

Passing game is TERRIBLE!!!!! I don't know what's going on but if KC has no passing game, JC can expect a 8-man front on every play!! Not good!!

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. If they haven't gotten it together by mid season teams like the Bears, Pats, Jets, Steelers and Pack will eat this team for breakfast.

In my PPR league I'm hoping that means a bunch of screens & checkdowns. If he gets his yards that way, I'll be all the happier.

2011 Charles = 2010 Chris Johnson

He's gonna have the whole offense riding on his back.

Chris Johnson also had 1600+ total yards and 12 td's - - wouldn't that be great for Charles?

2011 Charles = 2010 Chris Johnson is a good thing right?

Chris Johnson also had 1600+ total yards and 12 td's - - wouldn't that be great for Charles?

2011 Charles = 2010 Chris Johnson is a good thing right?

True but I think he was more referring to a back that had an amazing ypc and got hit with a harder schedule and more defensive attention the next year. CJ was good but he had a couple terrible stat lines as teams keyed in on him. 53-0, 64-0, 73-0, 7-0, 67-0, 58-0......but he was able to put up several great performances and good overall numbers largely b/c he was also the goal line back.

Charles isn't so there in lies the concern.

True but I think he was more referring to a back that had an amazing ypc and got hit with a harder schedule and more defensive attention the next year. CJ was good but he had a couple terrible stat lines as teams keyed in on him. 53-0, 64-0, 73-0, 7-0, 67-0, 58-0......but he was able to put up several great performances and good overall numbers largely b/c he was also the goal line back.

Charles isn't so there in lies the concern.

Not to mention Johnson still got a ton of carries, and therefore a ton of opportunities. Technically speaking Charles doesn't even start.

Meh, just the preseason. I think the loss of Weis keeps Cassell in strictly backup fantasy QB territory but I would still draft Charles with confidence. I'd put Bowe below most the receivers in his tier but I wouldnt let him slip too far.