Sign in to follow this  
The Next Generation

Jahvid Best

Am I the only one high on this guy? I think with his turf toe issues behind him, Stafford healthy and throwing the ball all over the place, and the D getting off the field more creating more offensive opportunities, he is going to see huge lanes and get monster yards and long TDs. I see a very good year for him. What say you?

If he's healthy, he's explosive and surely flashed his potential last year...and put up relatively decent end of season totals on 2 bad toes.

Part of me feels that we have a Reggie Bush situation developing where people, see his talent/opportunity but want to project/value him higher than his actual worth and week to week totals will deliver.

Maybe I'm wrong. I owned him last year but I won't be dipping into the pool again this year likely.

The guy I'm targeting around the same adp, with more upside imo, is Felix Jones.

If he's healthy, he's explosive and surely flashed his potential last year...and put up relatively decent end of season totals on 2 bad toes.

Part of me feels that we have a Reggie Bush situation developing where people, see his talent/opportunity but want to project/value him higher than his actual worth and week to week totals will deliver.

Maybe I'm wrong. I owned him last year but I won't be dipping into the pool again this year likely.

The guy I'm targeting around the same adp, with more upside imo, is Felix Jones.

Please let Best have the best year, best season, best production ever!

Please let Felix have the best year, best season, best....

as I own them both!

Please let Rice and Hightower......... :overhead:

Totally agree.......I think Felix is more explosive as well. Best just can't seem to stay healthy. Another nice RB flying under the radar is Tim Hightower. You can get him as a RB-3 but will perform like a low RB-1 to a high RB-2.

Please let Best have the best year, best season, best production ever!

Please let Felix have the best year, best season, best....

as I own them both!

Please let Rice and Hightower......... :overhead:

Wow! I think we drafted the same RBs. I have Rice,Best,Felix,Hightower,McGahee,Harrison. LOL

i had him last year, and i don't trust him.

See Harrison...LOL

i had him last year, and i don't trust him.

same

and having watched the lions running game so far and its really non existent

bests stat line for the pre season

Jahvid Best 6 attempts 11 yards 1.8ypc 7 long 0 TD's

He's a great value where he's going (high teens, early 20s). Drafting him is just taking a gamble on his health. If he plays 16 games, he's top 10. Easy.

He's a great value where he's going (high teens, early 20s). Drafting him is just taking a gamble on his health. If he plays 16 games, he's top 10. Easy.

Yup, that's what I'm thinking as well.

Wow! I think we drafted the same RBs. I have Rice,Best,Felix,Hightower,McGahee,Harrison. LOL

LOL I have Rice, Best, Felix, Hightower, Helu, Jennings Great minds think alike! :cheers:

I'm thinking though I may drop Jennings depending on his health and pick up Harrison.

Who are your Wrs? TE? QB?

So you're afraid that Best will get injured, so instead you're targeting Felix Jones??? Jones does have upside as well, but if you're afraid of the injury bug, Jones wouldn't be at the top of the list as far as guys to target.

Totally agree.......I think Felix is more explosive as well. Best just can't seem to stay healthy. Another nice RB flying under the radar is Tim Hightower. You can get him as a RB-3 but will perform like a low RB-1 to a high RB-2.

:pointstosky: As much as I hate to say it, Hightower is looking like a top-8 back this year.

I think Best makes it in the top 12 if he can avoid injury (which is a huge "if"). Got to learn to avoid the big hit.

LOL I have Rice, Best, Felix, Hightower, Helu, Jennings Great minds think alike! :cheers:

I'm thinking though I may drop Jennings depending on his health and pick up Harrison.

Who are your Wrs? TE? QB?

QB: Big Ben & Stafford

WR: Megatron, Nicks, Boldin, L.Moore, Amendola

TE: Witten

(huge run on RB/QB in first 2 rounds, couldn't believe Megatron was still there late in 2nd & Nicks in the early 3rd).

:pointstosky: As much as I hate to say it, Hightower is looking like a top-8 back this year.

I think Best makes it in the top 12 if he can avoid injury (which is a huge "if"). Got to learn to avoid the big hit.

Turf toes usually aren't the result of a big hit...

QB: Big Ben & Stafford

WR: Megatron, Nicks, Boldin, L.Moore, Amendola

TE: Witten

(huge run on RB/QB in first 2 rounds, couldn't believe Megatron was still there late in 2nd & Nicks in the early 3rd).

What in the world? Do you play in a guppie league or something? :shocking: :wacko:

Bears and Packers are too tough on defense for him to be good. That's 25% of his games this year. Good Luck Best!

He already got dinger in preseason. I took him off my board for his crazy adp. No thanks.

In a PPR League, Best is as good as Gold. Injury Questions and the health of his quarterback are a concern. His stats took a huge decline when Stafford went down.

Check out my newest article for Can of Corn Sports: Preseason Player Updates........Own Your Dumb Friends at Fake Football

http://can-of-corn.com/2011/09/02/the-know-it-all-preseason-updates/

Kyle Stafford

@KStafford32

I had him last year and couldn't stand him. No way he is in the top 12 this year.

He already got dinger in preseason. I took him off my board for his crazy adp. No thanks.

Crazy ADP? His ADP right now is the 19th RB off the board. Last year he finished around 22nd as a rookie with the turf toe and Stafford missing most of the year. His ADP seems perfectly reasonable to me.