Sign in to follow this  
beefcurtain

So who goes #2?

You guys would take CJ over RR in a ppr? Trying to decide!

I am in the same boat here...I draft tomorrow first pick and trying to decide between Rice, CJ, Peterson and Foster lol!

I am leaning towards Rice.

You guys would take CJ over RR in a ppr? Trying to decide!

With. Supreme confidence

I took CJ 3rd overall in a ppr last night ahead of Rice and am totally fine with it. You don't pass up on talent like that especially with a ceiling of poss 2000 total yds 14tds and 40-50 catches. Rice as much as I am a fan of his won't come close to those numbers.

I would definitely take CJ at the end of that list. Players who hold out and miss camp have historically gotten injured or simply under-performed. With several players in the same ball park of potential without this risk I would move CJ down. If I was sitting at pick 6 or later I would have to consider him though.

I am in the same boat here...I draft tomorrow first pick and trying to decide between Rice, CJ, Peterson and Foster lol!

I am leaning towards Rice.

Had my main league draft last night. Went- Rice, AP, CJ, Foster, Charles, Mc Coy, Mendy. I got Charles with the fifth.

I understand the theory of dropping CJ down the list but alot of the guys who held out before held out longer into the season ie Larry Johnson and Steven Jackson. CJ keeps himself in great shape per the reports. I can see him being eased into the lineup the first few games but afte that he'll be gold and he has a nice schedule too, people love to hype Rice's schedule but the Titans is pretty close. I'm expecting a slow start and a real strong finish, provided he stays healthy and in this day and age anyone can go down with an injury. You win championships not early but late in the season with guys who are hot, he will be one of them.

With Johnson signed, who do you think should go behind AP? Rice? CJ? Foster?

CJ's contract situation reminds me too much of the 2008 Larry Johnson situation... once they get paid they loose the drive....

Honestly I like Ray Rice as my #1, very consistant, and stays healthy...

I would pick AP as my #2...he would be #1 but I dont like the team around him

Check out my newest article for Can of Corn Sports: Preseason Player Updates........Own Your Dumb Friends at Fake Football

http://can-of-corn.com/2011/09/02/the-know-it-all-preseason-updates/

Kyle Stafford

@KStafford32

Rice has to have serious consideration for the #1:

1) He did not hold out - CJ did and hold outs are notorious for getting injured.

2) The ravens added Leach who is the best blocking FB in the league (and this is a subtraction from Foster)

3) They added Evans who should help stretch the field

4) RR has no injury history coming into the season (Foster does)

5) Solid defense that will keep him active all 4 qrtrs.

I would argue AP is probably the only one from a risk management point of view that would be worthy of going before RR.

I really don't understand all this CJ hate. So if Rice gets hurt this year then what, CJ has no inj history either, it's all speculation based on old holdouts. He still gets receptions and he'll prob have more total yds and tds than Rice.

CJ's contract situation reminds me too much of the 2008 Larry Johnson situation... once they get paid they loose the drive....

Yes, also Shaun Alexander

there are probably more RB's, just too lazy to think of it.

I never thought I would say this but at this point I would probably go with Ray Rice. I don't like CJ getting signed so late, KCs tougher schedule, and I'm already dealing with Foster's hammy in another league and don't want all my FF eggs in one basket.

I would take AP first. I feel that he is the safest pick. I don't like CJ next due to the injury history of holdouts. He could be fine but I feel like he is a big risk. I don't like taking that kind of risk in such an early pick. I would take cj after rice and Charles.

I really don't understand all this CJ hate. So if Rice gets hurt this year then what, CJ has no inj history either, it's all speculation based on old holdouts. He still gets receptions and he'll prob have more total yds and tds than Rice.

Rice is more than capable of being the #1RB this year.