Sign in to follow this  
meathook13

Week 1 Start em, sit em

I have Romo and Felix too, starting Romo benching Felix for Ingram.

was thinking of doing the same but i hate to bench my starters week #1 :dunno:

Wow, talk about over reaction!

You make it sound like the JETS are the gods of football. \

No fear, Romo is near.

Yup

Its week 1 and everyone is trying to be Mr Roto and benching their "studs" :thumbsup: The Jets play good defense but they are not that damn good. :nono:

Well fftoolbox had week 1 matchup rankings up yesterday but now its gone :dunno: Maybe they read my post where i pointed out they did not have any Cowboy in the top 10 toughest matchups vs Jets??

fftoolbox.com

Joseph Addai ranked 31st?

Good luck with that site...

Joseph Addai ranked 31st?

Good luck with that site...

I like reading their weekly startem and sitem

Looking at the guys in front of Addai i think its a good spot. Only guys i could see him really being ahead of are #25 Bush, #26 Freddy Jackson and #27 Spiller. Id probably put Jackson ahead of Addai but i dont see much out of place there.

Looks like their rankings are up. Heck they have Freeman at #5 :unsure: Romo #9 :overhead:

They have Hernandez at #22 on TEs and Gronkowski at #13 which i dont agree with at all though.

My Arizona Defense at #6 :headbanger:

I'm starting Kolb over Romo week 1, and stafford over Eli in another league.

It's worth noting that I'm rolling with Felix as my RB2 in that first league.

I don't think romo will get shut down, but I just have a good gut feeling about Kolb at home week one with a big chip on his shoulder...call me crazy

Help plz :-) I got peyton and wondering do I start Sam Bradford vs the eagles or Kyle orton vs the raiders. Also do I start Reggie Wayne without peyton or do I start Marioj manningham in his place? Thanks

Overreaction on the Jets, B. Marshall had a monster game against that D last year at home and that was with Henne throwing to him.

Don't bench your Studs for matchups. Its harder to swallow losing cuz you benched your stud, than dealing with a backup having a huge game when your stud flops in a start.

Overreaction on the Jets, B. Marshall had a monster game against that D last year at home and that was with Henne throwing to him.

Don't bench your Studs for matchups. Its harder to swallow losing cuz you benched your stud, than dealing with a backup having a huge game when your stud flops in a start.

Now that's no way to win a championship! Never bench your studs, blah, blah, blah! :thumbsdown:

Yup

Its week 1 and everyone is trying to be Mr Roto and benching their "studs" :thumbsup: The Jets play good defense but they are not that damn good. :nono:

They're not even a good defense vs. the QB, they are just average. Literally finished 16th against QBs in my main league last year.

I honestly read five or six posts in the help forum from people who want to bench Romo for hype. Craziness.

I'd chance it with Romo. John Fox is going to try to run it down Oakland's throat.

I agree, and this coming from a "match-ups" guy" ! :overhead:

They're not even a good defense vs. the QB, they are just average. Literally finished 16th against QBs in my main league last year.

I honestly read five or six posts in the help forum from people who want to bench Romo for hype. Craziness.

no reason to bench romo unless you have another good QB and really like their matchup.

I would say there is a reason to bench Dez if Revis will be covering him but to bench Romo is to say Dez, Austin and Witten will be shut down and I don't think that will be the case.

Jets fan here. I agree there is no reason to bench Romo unless you have another great option...maybe Stafford or someone. Speaking of him he put up 250-2 vs the Jets last year. Not too shabby.

As a Dez owner, the thought of Revis scares me, but I probably can't bench him. Unless I roll with Burleson.

Unfortunately I have 4 guys that all should be "sit 'em's" competing for my WR3, and I have to start one...

Jordy Nelson

Harry Douglas

Antonio Brown

Dexter McCluster

Leaning towards Nelson to go with Finley, but Saints pass D was great last year. Really want to start McCluster or Antonio Brown (long TD bonus, 1 pt per 10 yards, after 20 yards).

Edit: This is my way of saying...who do I start?

Here are KFFL's week 1 rankings. :thumbsup: I like to check about 5 or 6 differ weekly rankings.

KFFL

Start em/Sit em ranks are about as much use to me as preseason polls in college football. I'll play homer here and say that the only ones I ever really pay attention to are the FF Today ones, just because inside-the-matchup includes a bit of narrative rather than a list, and it helps me kill 20 minutes every Thursday.

That said, WOOOO FOOTBALL. Any port in a storm.

Start em/Sit em ranks are about as much use to me as preseason polls in college football. I'll play homer here and say that the only ones I ever really pay attention to are the FF Today ones, just because inside-the-matchup includes a bit of narrative rather than a list, and it helps me kill 20 minutes every Thursday.

That said, WOOOO FOOTBALL. Any port in a storm.

So in other words the majority of your team is on the sit em' list :doublethumbsup: Its like guy in bunch of leagues with me would say last year, "I dont care what guru projects" thats when they had him at about 89 pts. Then yesterday when his team was projected to have most points in 2 leagues, "Ive got best team in both leagues, check out the projections". :wacko:

How did you know????

The main reason I don't follow them closely is that almost every projection site is way too optimistic. Everybody always thinks every team's #1 WR is going to have 60+ yards and a TD every week, probably because giving readers a warm fuzzy is what keeps them coming back. Would that it were so easy!

How did you know????

The main reason I don't follow them closely is that almost every projection site is way too optimistic. Everybody always thinks every team's #1 WR is going to have 60+ yards and a TD every week, probably because giving readers a warm fuzzy is what keeps them coming back. Would that it were so easy!

:cheers:

True

I feel ya on the romo felix situation. Right now i have hightower against the giants in my lineup instead of felix. Im over analyzing a bit because the skins could stop running the ball to keep up with the giants d. But i also think the jets run. Is much better than the giants. Its a hard call but i will probably end up going back to felix because i think he will have a very good year and dont want to miss out on any sweet starts.

Why would you bench Felix? I think he will do well against the Jets. Tough to throw on but you can run against them. In addition with all their blitz packages, Felix should catch plenty of screens.

In a PPR (which I am) I would definitely play him for the screens alone. :thumbsup:

Amen. :thumbsup:

Unless it's a choice between 2 studs, then play the guys you drafted early. Don't chase points.