Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

T. Jones or McCluster!

So McCluster is obviously most talented and better in the passing game, but will Coach Haley go with him or T. Jones as the main back? And McCluster will get playing time like Charles 2 years ago?

A lot of people are going to say neither due to KC having quite possibly the most anemic offense in the league. I'm going to argue that if you're in a PPR league McCluster should be near the top of your list. He had 5 catches last week playing in a limited role. His snap count has to increase and that coupled with the fact that KC will be coming from behind 90% of the time and I think he can hold some substantial value in PPR leagues.

True. I don't think either will do much, but I'm hoping to grab one and pray for one huge game so I can try and use em' as trade bait!

Let's see .... you've got a guy that's been a proven 1,000+ yard back, year after year, even sharing carries ... on one hand.

And you've got a WR that also can be a RB in some leagues, that was a rookie last year, and is still pretty much unproven, in any position.

McCluster, all the way.

Let's see .... you've got a guy that's been a proven 1,000+ yard back, year after year, even sharing carries ... on one hand.

And you've got a WR that also can be a RB in some leagues, that was a rookie last year, and is still pretty much unproven, in any position.

McCluster, all the way.

Ya know it doesn't matter whether you're right or wrong, ever. Since you choose to convey any and all insight like a sarcastic pr!ck no one will ever respect you. It works that way in the real world as well. Anyway, check this, I can skew information too..

Let's see .... you've got a guy on the wrong side of 30 whose YPC has declined year after year, dating back to 2008, even sharing carries ... on one hand.

And you've got a WR that also can be a RB in some leagues, that was a rookie last year and has proven he is a dynamic threat no matter what the position.

Jones, all the way.

If you're gonna pick one up, I'd go with McCluster. There's a chance he blossoms into a decent fantasy weapon. I think that chance is quite small because the guy is only 5'8, 180 lbs, so there is a real limit on the number of touches he can physically handle per game. Nonetheless, I'd take his potential over a guy that's probably been washed up for at least a full season now.

I drafted Charles, Jones and McCluster, in that order, last year in a return yards league (1 point per 25). I even named my team the McCluster Focks at first. I was very high on him, and I think he is a tremendous young athlete that will have a long career in the NFL. However, even in a return league I couldn't count on McCluster for points every week and I ended up waiving him, but I started Charles AND Jones every week. Worked out great, was the #1 running game in the NFL. Won my 12 team league. Didn't McCluster have some injuries too? Bottom line ... Haley is an idiot, and I don't know if he really knows how to utilize McCluster, whom you might compare to Devin Hester. He doesn't fit any traditional role .... he would prolly be a great DB ... but we'll see.

In other words, I think McCluster has a big future, but I don't see him all of a sudden becoming Jamal Charles. I'm actually amazed that Thomas Jones would be on the waiver wire, in any league. I drafted him, again this year, and started him in my flex last week.

It's not been a secret here that I was high on TJ this season, and why I don't think McCluster is going to do well. And if you can't take people being sarcastic, you are in the wrong place.

The Chiefs are going nowhere fast this year and it would be in their best interest to see what they have in McCluster.

The only hope they have now is to run a mixture game with Jones pounding the rock and quick out's with Bowe stretching the field. Good ole, smashmouth football. That's the only option, if they want to be successful. I was high on Jones before today ... so, IMHO he is very valuable right now. He could be huge going forward.

neither is going to be viable. Chiefs season looked like ###### already, it's just gone plaid!

Barring injury, I think Jones will get the most carries for the Chiefs for the rest of the year (probably 15-20 carries/game). The only problem is that Jones is over-the-hill and probably won't do much with those carries -- maybe 50-60 rushing yds/game and an occasional TD. Although the coaching staff will likely continue to limit McCluster's role (probably 8-12 touches/game), I think that he'll be able to score as many points as Jones on most weeks and has the potential to score considerably more -- especially in PPR leagues.

However, when you consider how bad this team looks right now and that McClain will also get some carries, I wouldn't want either of these guys as anything more than a BYE-week filler or a #4 RB.

:dunno:

Not only that he has his size and weight working against him but McCluster's fumbled in each of the past two games (one on a kickoff return and yesterday after a catch).

hmm, the consensus here seems to be don't bother with mccluster. it sure seems to me that he's in line for a dozen or more touches a game. and he can be played in either the wr or rb spot.

why would he not have value

I could prob get Tjones but do I even want him? The Chiefs look terrible and have a brutal schedule.

It depends if you can spare those precious roster spots you have. But if you're already holding "lottery tickets" for oft-injured starters ( e.g. Michael Bush, Deji Karim, Jonathan Stewart, Kendall Hunter etc.) , McCluster or Jones might end up more of the same for you.

Also, you might have to add Tashard Choice or DeMarco Murray into that mix too.

In CBS Sportsline leagues McCluster is listed as a WR and not a RB. Does htis help or hurt him. Again in reference to leagues that have him as a WR. ?.

IMO it hurts him.

In CBS Sportsline leagues McCluster is listed as a WR and not a RB. Does htis help or hurt him. Again in reference to leagues that have him as a WR. ?.

It hurts now. Have to assume CBS would rethink his status if he continues to get multiple carries from the backfield, though, so that hurt could/should be short-term. In ESPN leagues, he is already classified as a RB/WR.