Sign in to follow this  
Borat33

Ben Tate

The guy who drafted Tate in my main league dropped him at 11:50 AM Sunday to pick up Chandler.

I have #2 waiver priority. Here's hoping #1 waiver priority is asleep at the wheel.

The guy who drafted Tate in my main league dropped him at 11:50 AM Sunday to pick up Chandler.

I have #2 waiver priority. Here's hoping #1 waiver priority is asleep at the wheel.

Rule #1 of FF. Never drop Ben Tate.

Ok, Mendy to the bench. Tate in next week. Forte stays in(it's a ppr league..got to keep him in). My RB situation is looking better every day. :banana:

SO from reading all the quotes it seems Tate gets the majority of the carries with Foster getting worked in little by little until he is healthy . 7 carries this week. 12 next week. Then what ? A 50-50 Split. , Tate on 1-2nd down and Foster on 3rd (hes a better receiver/ Blocker) ? II can already see all the complaining three weeks down the road when Tate runs to the 10 and Foster gets the GL carries.

f / When Foster gets healthy this can be a mess . But until then as I said earlier Tate is a top RB in fantasy.. Enjoy the ride Tate owners.

What has Tate actually done to be this high on him?

Ok, I get that he has a really good o-line but is that what you're going by?

Is it his 2 weeks in a row over 100 yeards?

Forgive me here but I haven't followed him up until now.

What has Tate actually done to be this high on him?

Ok, I get that he has a really good o-line but is that what you're going by?

Is it his 2 weeks in a row over 100 yeards?

Forgive me here but I haven't followed him up until now.

Tate has the pedigree - he was a high draft pick and the presumed starter before getting injured last year. He had a terrific preseason and put up big yardage numbers the past two weeks. But the big reason is the Texans OL is among the best in the game so the thinking goes that any capable back given 15-20 touches in the offense should be able to turn it into 100 total yards and a TD. Now that it looks like he'll get some regular playing time we'll see. As a Foster and Tate owner I have no real horse in this race other than not wanting a RBBC.

Tate has the pedigree - he was a high draft pick and the presumed starter before getting injured last year. He had a terrific preseason and put up big yardage numbers the past two weeks. But the big reason is the Texans OL is among the best in the game so the thinking goes that any capable back given 15-20 touches in the offense should be able to turn it into 100 total yards and a TD. Now that it looks like he'll get some regular playing time we'll see. As a Foster and Tate owner I have no real horse in this race other than not wanting a RBBC.

Thank You for that info.

I've been waiting to play Tate in two leagues, the wait is over: I've bought my first class tickets on the Tate express. :overhead:

In one of my money leagues I was laughed at by a couple of owners,one whom even said wtf is Ben Tate to which I replied you'll know in a few weeks when I run him up your azz.Unlike your situation I've started Tate the first two weeks and have been rewarded not only in points i.e. 2-0 start but also looking like a FF guru :overhead:

In one of my money leagues I was laughed at by a couple of owners,one whom even said wtf is Ben Tate to which I replied you'll know in a few weeks when I run him up your azz.Unlike your situation I've started Tate the first two weeks and have been rewarded not only in points i.e. 2-0 start but also looking like a FF guru :overhead:

Those are the best. Last year in my money deep keeper league I drafted Hillis late; one owner in particular laughed at me. The same guy drafted Tebow much earlier. Who is laughing now? :lol:

Same league I grabbed Tate earlier than normal, before the Foster owner could grab him, which I knew he would. Sad thing is, I played him last week and lost, and if I had started Tate, I'd have tied him. :wall:

In one of my money leagues I was laughed at by a couple of owners,one whom even said wtf is Ben Tate to which I replied you'll know in a few weeks when I run him up your azz.Unlike your situation I've started Tate the first two weeks and have been rewarded not only in points i.e. 2-0 start but also looking like a FF guru

Very first player I threw out in the auction was Ben Tate for $4. Everybody looked around like :unsure: as names such as Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice just previously got bid up into the $50's. I also had about 4 guys go 'who?'. My answer was almost exactly the

same as yours. "you'll know soon enough".

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I picked up Cam Newton off the waiver week 1 and already STOLE Stafford with a $1 bid at the auction.

If Tate pans out for the whole season I should be in VERY good shape for a title run.

Very first player I threw out in the auction was Ben Tate for $4. Everybody looked around like :unsure: as names such as Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice just previously got bid up into the $50's. I also had about 4 guys go 'who?'. My answer was almost exactly the

same as yours. "you'll know soon enough".

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I picked up Cam Newton off the waiver week 1 and already STOLE Stafford with a $1 bid at the auction.

If Tate pans out for the whole season I should be in VERY good shape for a title run.

Pretty sure I will be beating myself up for the rest of the year for passing on him thinking 'Nah Foster will be back in 2-3 weeks when he's over the hammy.'

Ok, Mendy to the bench. Tate in next week. Forte stays in(it's a ppr league..got to keep him in). My RB situation is looking better every day. :banana:

Foolish to bench Mendenhall. He's played two tough run defenses (it's about the only thing the Seahawks do well). Still got 19 carries in a game that was a blowout from the first quarter on. This week: the same Indy run "defense" that made Ben Tate a household name and brought Hillis back to life.

Not saying don't play Tate, but I'd look at other benching options.

Foolish to bench Mendenhall. He's played two tough run defenses (it's about the only thing the Seahawks do well). Still got 19 carries in a game that was a blowout from the first quarter on. This week: the same Indy run "defense" that made Ben Tate a household name and brought Hillis back to life.

Not saying don't play Tate, but I'd look at other benching options.

I am starting Mendy and Tate. :pointstosky: And yes Mendenhall will be fine folks. I expect a big game this week.