Sign in to follow this  
Borat33

Ben Tate

:pointstosky: :headbanger: :pointstosky:

With Foster being rushed back and re-injuring his hammy I look for Tate to take this job for good and send Arian to the bench in favor of my new lord and savior Ben Tate! Ben has 2 straight 100 yard games to open the season and I expect more glory from this beast the rest of the way. It is not too late to jump aboard the bandwagon with myself and Kent. The more the merrier!!! :thumbsup:

I hope so. I picked up Tate before the first game just in case they rushed Foster back too soon. I don't like to see guys go down but I hope Tate continues this kind of production, he'll be in my starting lineup next week.

Since the beginning of time, RB's with hammy and or high ankle sprains are pretty much toast

So it was written....so it will be! :banana:

So lets discuss his numbers at the end of the year. I believe Tate will have 1,500 and 12 td's. There is no stopping the Tate Train!!!! :Mr-T:

So lets discuss his numbers at the end of the year. I believe Tate will have 1,500 and 12 td's. There is no stopping the Tate Train!!!! :Mr-T:

All this manlove your giving him he is destined to get hurt or foster to come back

He is that damn good!!! :cheers:

Really? Wow!

You guy's like him that much?

I might have to make a tough decision on who to sit for Tate.

They play at N.O this week.

Really? Wow!

You guy's like him that much?

I might have to make a tough decision on who to sit for Tate.

They play at the N.O this week.

That game will be a shootout and Ben will get his numbers. This Texan o-line is damn good and Ben will get 20+ carries this week. Expect another 100 and throw in a TD this week.

Hes not Foster but he is a very good RB. Hes good for 100 yards a week and a TD or 2 most weeks.

OMG! That sounds good to me.

I can't sit Rice for him. I doubt that I should sit D.McFadden vs the Jets for him.

I guess Tate would have to start over Hightower @ Dallas and S.Green at Oak.

OMG! That sounds good to me.

I can't sit Rice for him. I doubt that I should sit D.McFadden vs the Jets for him.

I guess Tate would have to start over Hightower @ Dallas and S.Green at Oak.

Yeah I would not bench those 2 guys but he has a much better chance at glory than Hightower vs a tough Dallas D and the SWAGLESS Sean Green.

Yeah I would not bench those 2 guys but he has a much better chance at glory than Hightower vs a tough Dallas D and the SWAGLESS Sean Green.

Perfect! I am going to take a ride on the Ben Tate Bandwagon!!

:cheers: to Tate.

Perfect! I am going to take a ride on the Ben Tate Bandwagon!!

:cheers: to Tate.

Welcome aboard P.Man. May you bask in the Fantasy Glory that is a Ben Tate 100 yard and a TD effort next weekend.

Man I'm currently loaded at RB/Flex options.

Rice and Forte are locked in. Who to start next week? Tate/Tolbert/Blount?

Tate duh. :rolleyes:

I think its SEMIirrelevant how good he is or isnt. The houston O line and running game are juggernauts. You can likely plug in Lynch and have him rip off a 100/game season. They're that good. Thats what made Foster last year. Not saying he's not talented, but he's no marshall faulk. ANd he had a faulkesque season last year...

To my knowledge, Houston hasn't confirmed Foster's injury or its severity.

That being said, the Texans would be asinine to play him knowing that he's not 100 percent...AND the fact that the team hasn't missed a beat with his replacement.

I drafted Tate late in the draft to spite the guy who selected Foster #1 overall; looks like that'll pay dividends soon.

To my knowledge, Houston hasn't confirmed Foster's injury or its severity.

That being said, the Texans would be asinine to play him knowing that he's not 100 percent...AND the fact that the team hasn't missed a beat with his replacement.

I drafted Tate late in the draft to spite the guy who selected Foster #1 overall; looks like that'll pay dividends soon.

We drafted the night Tate'r ran for like 96 yards in the preseason and Foster was my keeper. I suddenly realized it was already the 14th round and hadn't picked up Tate yet...had a mild panic attack until I got him. Thank god most people in my league weren't as smart as you.

Though I will miss Foster's crooked, pompous smile staring back at me, I'd rather he just get the hell better instead of a RBBC situation. That O-line is BEAST and with Ward out (still?) the stars are aligning for Tate'r.

ALLLLL ABBOOAARRRRRDDDDD! WOOOOOO-WOOOOO!

Since the beginning of time, RB's with hammy and or high ankle sprains are pretty much toast

Don't forget about me!

Sincerely,

Turf Toe

Also my fellow followers of the Church of Tate - Do not let Ratface Jr Kubiak sway you in any way. Start Tate every week and start him with confidence. Kubiak's SHANAHANIGANS cost me a W this week as he said Foster was 100% and Tate would only get limited work. Do not listen to this clown anymore. Ride Tate to the TITLE!!! :pointstosky:

So the moral of the story is, never redraft a Houston RB after a successful season.

Dominick Davis 2004: 1,776 total yards, 14 TD (261 FP)

Dominick Davis 2005: 1,313 total yards, 6 TD (167 FP)

Steve Slaton 2008: 1,659 total yards, 10 TD (225 FP)

Steve Slaton 2009: 854 total yards, 7 TD (127 FP)

Arian Foster 2010: 2,220 total yards, 18 TD (330 FP)

Arian Foster 2011: TBD, but will be much worse

~100 point drops across the board. At this rate I'm not seeing Foster doing any better than 230 FP, so that trend should continue. Unknown RB comes out of nowhere to put up crazy yards, soars up draft boards to become a first or second round pick, and then flops.

The years that I didn't list were seasons where two or three guys shared the load for like 400 to 600 yards a piece, and none of them were really worth mentioning.

Ride Tate to a title this year. Then dump him.

I picked up Tate in the preseason, and now have a bit of a dilemma.

I have CJ2K (not so far!), MJD, Mendenhall, AND Tate. I think I'll wait a week or two, see how it shakes out, and trade one of them for a good WR. Anyone in a similar situation?

I picked up Tate in the preseason, and now have a bit of a dilemma.

I have CJ2K (not so far!), MJD, Mendenhall, AND Tate. I think I'll wait a week or two, see how it shakes out, and trade one of them for a good WR. Anyone in a similar situation?

Yes, but I have AP, McCoy, Mendenhall, Forte, Tate, and Blount. I'd like to improve at wideout but I already have Roddy, Calvin, Andre, Desean and Jennings. Maybe I'll package a few players and try to improve at QB? I'd like to upgrade from Brees.

Yes, but I have AP, McCoy, Mendenhall, Forte, Tate, and Blount. I'd like to improve at wideout but I already have Roddy, Calvin, Andre, Desean and Jennings. Maybe I'll package a few players and try to improve at QB? I'd like to upgrade from Brees.

:lol:

i lol'd

From Twitter...

HoustonTexans Houston Texans

by caplannfl

Kubiak on RB Ben Tate: "He's playing really well...Ben's probably going to carry most of the load right now...He's coming along."

Crap. I am worried now. Slaton will prob get 20 carries next week.

How many people in league,...5?

Rotoworld's latest:

'Coach Gary Kubiak announced Monday that Ben Tate will be the Texans' lead back until Arian Foster's hamstring fully heals.

"He's playing really well," Kubiak said of Tate. "Ben's probably going to carry most of the load right now." Kubiak also praised Tate's pass protection for the second straight week. Foster didn't look fully healthy during the first half of Houston's Week 2 win over Miami, and had to shut it down at intermission. The Texans will lean on Tate against the Saints in Week 3. You'll be hard pressed to name 12 better running back plays in fantasy football.'

Ben Tate...welcome to the 2-0 mullmaniacs line up. :pointstosky:

:clap:

I deserved that one. Way too funny.

I've been waiting to play Tate in two leagues, the wait is over: I've bought my first class tickets on the Tate express. :overhead:

League 1, I lost Charles: duh, Tate starts.

League 2, got MJD, Hillis, and Bradshaw: after Bradshaw lays a turd tonight causing a loss for me, Tate will default slip into that slot. He has to start against the Saints.