Sign in to follow this  
Mike Nice

Antonio Gates - Out

Good morrow and Huzzah! The writing was on the wall for this one, and if you drafted Gates, you did not heed my warnings from rotognome.com. The site is now down, but I warned all across the land that these injuries linger. Find yourself a Scott Chandler, Jermaine Gresham, or the like and hope for the best.

Gnome Alone starring Gnomecauley Caulkin.

Also going TE early this year has mostly been a huge fail.

I had Gates, Finley and Witten targeted in my auction draft. Gates and Finley went for too much, so I settled on Witten.

:thumbsup:

Again....with Gates out, does McMichael have a good game?

Possibly better than, say a Scheffler?

What were McMichael's stats last year while Gates was out? Thinking about playing him over Kellen Winslow.

I don't know about McDaniel, seems he might be a great blocker today, and run routes to pull coverage.

I was able to pickup Fred Davis, I think the Cooley factor had Wash TE flying under the radar, that boy has some stats through 2 games ! Will be nice to have points rom my TE slot. :thumbsdown:

Latest from Rotoworld...

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that there is a tear in Antonio Gates' foot, and he won't be playing Sunday against Kansas City.

The tear is believed to be to Gates' plantar fascia. He was able to play through the same injury at times last year, but ultimately had to shut it down for good later in the season. It's a major concern for Gates' fantasy value moving forward. Multiple reports now claim that Gates will be inactive against the Chiefs. Vincent Jackson projects as the primary beneficiary in terms of production. Randy McMichael will be the starting tight end.

Sep 25 - 12:20 PM

Torn plantar...he's gonna shut it down again for the year at some point.

What is the TE backups value? Is it McMichael in San Diego? Who is the other TE???

Not good news for Gates owners...............the Gates owner in my league is in denial. I tried to tell him Gates wasn't playing this week on Friday afternoon and he didn't believe me. He wasn't interested in a deal for Finley (I have Gronk) so another week of nothing and we'll see how interested he is.