Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

'The Wire' Actors: Where Are They Now?

Best thing ever filmed. Yes, I'm saying the Wire is better than any tv show or movie ever made.

For the life of me, I never thought I'd see anything that threw me more than Stringer Bell managing at Dundler Mifflin, but seeing Omar Little as a college professor on Community easily trumps that.

:first:

Best thing ever filmed. Yes, I'm saying the Wire is better than any tv show or movie ever made.

For the life of me, I never thought I'd see anything that threw me more than Stringer Bell managing at Dundler Mifflin, but seeing Omar Little as a college professor on Community easily trumps that.

Up until this weekend, I had never watched any of...not even certain I had HEARD of the show.

So I started watching on Saturday....watched the first 4 episodes. Can't say I'm necessarily really into it yet.

But I've heard what you said from other people; that this is a fantastic show. So my question is...when does it get good, cuz right now, it's average at best.

Up until this weekend, I had never watched any of...not even certain I had HEARD of the show.

So I started watching on Saturday....watched the first 4 episodes. Can't say I'm necessarily really into it yet.

But I've heard what you said from other people; that this is a fantastic show. So my question is...when does it get good, cuz right now, it's average at best.

I feel like it took me maybe 4-5 episodes to get hooked. So you should be on the cusp of caring. But it's a slow cooker no doubt. It's about the characters and story arcs, as oppose to episodic weekly action.

And if you get hooked into it enough to go on, season 2 will basically be a total reset and will take you another 3-4 episodes to get into. But after that, it's on for the rest of seasons 2, 3, 4, and 5.

The entire series only runs about 50 hours, so stick with it.

I feel like it took me maybe 4-5 episodes to get hooked. So you should be on the cusp of caring. But it's a slow cooker no doubt. It's about the characters and story arcs, as oppose to episodic weekly action.

And if you get hooked into it enough to go on, season 2 will basically be a total reset and will take you another 3-4 episodes to get into. But after that, it's on for the rest of seasons 2, 3, 4, and 5.

The entire series only runs about 50 hours, so stick with it.

:thumbsup:

You had never heard of The Wire until this weekend? Seriously? :shocking:

This is how I feel. Its BY FAR the best TV show ever created.

You know...probably heard an ad for it, but never paid attention to it.

I didn't even know what it was about until I started watching it.

:dunno:

Better than the Sopranos??

:shocking:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am a HUGE Sopranos fan, and I liked The Wire more.

Its not even a contest. The sopranos is a 2 compared to the wires 10.

Ah, that means you still haven't seen the footage of your mom and me. Good. :thumbsup:

I feel like it took me maybe 4-5 episodes to get hooked.

I was hooked that the first scene with McNulty on the steps talking about Snot Boogie....

Hold on a sec let me check youtube............

........ Here you go !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYgKmOJT_gM

You know when it was on I saw previews of episodes (Probably during the Sopranos) and I thought it was just another - shall we say - Negro show that I would have zero interest in.

BOY WAS I WRONG.