Sign in to follow this  
RamslovaMartzhata

Starting TEs in a flex spot

In years past... I would say that your team is in trouble if you had to do this... But TE scoring is seemingly way up. There are plenty of TE 2s I have on my teams that are better plays than the WR3 on my teams in deeper leagues. Anyone leaning in this direction?

2 out of my 3 leagues allow it, I wish my 3rd did but the flex is w/r only

in both leagues I was starting 2TE's til I traded Graham

now In 1 league I will roll out Witten and Davis

in the league I cant start 2 I have Gronk and Graham

One league I went with Finley and Graham this week and last. May have to do it quite often after losing Charles and Britt early in the season.

I drafted exactly for this purpose. I have Witten and Clark.....my plans went out the window with the poor play of Clark. I'm still 3-0 as I have Best as my flex.....but got the shaft drafting Clark

depending on league scoring, using the te in the flex is a very viable option (and it is a position with a decent amount of depth as well).

ie:

rb= .5 ppr

wr= 1.0 ppr

te= 1.5 ppr

a 2nd te may produce more than one's 3rd rb or 3rd wr.

I've got Gore as my RB2 and intent was to start Best most of the time this season as Flex. The level of Gore suckage now may dictate that I may have Best as my RB2 and start either Witten or Graham in the flex spot. It's PPR so it just might work. I picked up D Nelson off WW but he hasn't earned my trust just yet. It was looking like Starks would be the #3 but Grant clearly had a bigger role this past week and I want no part of that guess-fest on who will have the bigger role.

seems like it could be a good move in a ppr league. not so much in standard. you'd really have to have 2 top 5 te's to even consider it.