Sign in to follow this  
Hugh Dat

Would an NFL team tank a season to get a top draft pick?

I don't think they would come out and announce it, but i think they would start a back-up QB (Curtis Painter for example) or sit players who were dinged up longer than usual. what do yall think?

Most years, no.

But in a year like this one, where there appears to be a sure fire, can't miss franchise QB? They should. As this league gets more and more pass dominated, and more and more spread oriented, a guy like luck could be the difference between 13 years of playoff berths and a couple of superbowl rings, and a decade of mediocrity to suckage.

If I were, say, Miami, I would lose every game on purpose. Fock goodell, do your worst.

Its gonna be interesting in week 17 watching some of the suck teams play.

Most years, no.

But in a year like this one, where there appears to be a sure fire, can't miss franchise QB? They should. As this league gets more and more pass dominated, and more and more spread oriented, a guy like luck could be the difference between 13 years of playoff berths and a couple of superbowl rings, and a decade of mediocrity to suckage.

If I were, say, Miami, I would lose every game on purpose. Fock goodell, do your worst.

Its gonna be interesting in week 17 watching some of the suck teams play.

What if it's KC and Miami with an 0-16 record. What's the tiebreak:) Lowest points scored, or most points scored against you:)

What if it's KC and Miami with an 0-16 record. What's the tiebreak:) Lowest points scored, or most points scored against you:)

• Strength of schedule for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage. The team with the lowest strength of schedule percentage wins the tiebreaker and picks ahead of all other teams with the same record.

• Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.

• As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage.

My Niners didn't get the message. Unfuuuuuuckingbelievable.

Why would you want luck? You have Kapernick in the wings! :banana:

And you have no shot at luck anyway, getting to play the seahags, cards, and rams twice.

I dismissed it at first, and likely should at second glance, but are the Vikings tanking?

Up 20-0 twice, at home, against the Bucs and Lions...and then get outscored 44-0 in the second half, while having your best receiver play 44% of the snaps and not in the redzone?

In their first game, they lead and then in the s 'Minnesota led 17-7 at halftime, but gained only 26 yards on 17 plays in the second half'

They have to know they are way worse than the packers, lions and bears right now.

See Indy, 1998.

Up until this weekend I was going to say "see Seattle, 2011"...but you guys even focked that up. :banana:

See Indy, 1998.

That's exactly where this is going. As a Niners fan I'm sick, but the son is a colts fan, so that takes the edge off.

When the Cowboys drafted Aikman, there had been speculation all season long Johnson was tanking in order to grab the most accurate QB to come out of the college ranks in a long time. I was in high school, but recall the attention he was getting in the written media (no internet then). As a Cowboys fan, I firmly believe they tanked in order to get their guy. No doubt about it.

If you were an NFL GM, wouldn't you do the same thing if you believed Luck was the next Aikman, Young, Manning, Brady.... The question is who will be bad enough to earn that pick? Miami has too much talent to keep losing like this. They may pick up some wins when the Coach is fired. Seattle is pathetic enough. The 49'ers should be throwing every game. The Chiefs need to get rid of Haley before bringing in someone like Luck. The Colts have a shot as well.