Sign in to follow this  
Joey Gladstone

Has anybody tried to buy low on Chris Johnson yet?

WTF how is that even possible to get CJ and McCoy for Fitzpatrick and mccluster

oh is it colt mccoy?

Yes, CJ and Colt McCoy for FitzP and ClusterFuck

I just traded CJ today as part of this deal (PPR league )

My: CJ2k/Best/Stevie Johnson

for

Larry Fitz/Daniel Thomas/F Jax

I figure Fitz > SJ , Fjax could be better than Johnson at this rate, either way he's solid and I think Thomas and Best will be close but I highly doubt Best plays 16 games this season.

for

I figure Fitz > SJ , Fjax could be better than Johnson at this rate, either way he's solid and I think Thomas and Best will be close but I highly doubt Best plays 16 games this season.

You dumped 2 big time question marks. :thumbsup: However if CJ gets his sh!t together and Best can stay healthy(which is BIG IF) those 2 are PPR studs

for

Thomas and Best are not close in PPR...also Fitz is not that much better then S Johnson imo...I would honestly rather have CJ2K, best, and Johnson

You bought high on D Thomas and sold low on CJ2K :nono:

In one of my leagues, CJ was traded straight up for Arian Foster yesterday. Team getting Foster is also a Tate owner.

for

With all due respect, the new CJ owner just pulled a classic buy low. I absolutely LOVE his side of the trade.

I have CJ, and am 0-3. But what was offered in this thread is/was pure garbage. I'll start Chris Johnson against Cleveland and hope for that 2 touchdown, 150 yard performance. If not, I hope I have enough other bright spots to pull off the win.

his stats have been pure garbage. Why would anyone pay for someone that seems to have fallen off the cliff?

his stats have been pure garbage. Why would anyone pay for someone that seems to have fallen off the cliff?

Because future wins are based on future past rather than past stats?

I'm assuming you think his past results are a predictor of future results.

So that's what it boils down to. If you think that's the trend, then you're a seller of CJ.

If you think that he's got the ability to live up to his top 3 billing, then you're a buyer.

So that's why someone would pay for someone that "seems to have fallen off the cliff."

I'm not a buyer of CJ myself, but it doesn't surprise me at all that people are trying to snag him.

A consensus top 5 pick 2 years running doesn't suddenly become a bust after 3 games with a shortened preseason.

Trade in my league:

Chris Johnson and Tony Romo for

Philip Rivers, Wes Welker (non PPR) and Tim Hightower

The CJ owner jumped on it. I think he gets the better deal.

A consensus top 5 pick 2 years running doesn't suddenly become a bust after 3 games with a shortened preseason.

except when they do

CJ owner just declined:

I'd give: Bradshaw & D.Nelson

To get his: CJ

(in a PPR)

Didn't think it was horrible for either (he just lost Britt & is w/o Miles for a lil longer - his starting WRs are now L.Moore & Burleson).

Starting to think he expects Megatron or the equal value for CJ, as this is the second offer he has turned down lately (another owner offered Mathews & Boldin straight up last week).

CJ owner just declined:

(in a PPR)

Didn't think it was horrible for either (he just lost Britt & is w/o Miles for a lil longer - his starting WRs are now L.Moore & Burleson).

Starting to think he expects Megatron or the equal value for CJ, as this is the second offer he has turned down lately (another owner offered Mathews & Boldin straight up last week).

Wow. He is in dreamland if he chinks he is getting anywhere near equal value for him at this point.

Would you do any of these?

CJ2K for FJax?

CJ2K for Megatron?

CJ2K for Shady McCoy?

First one .... maybe. Second 2 .... in a heart beat.

Would you do any of these?

CJ2K for FJax?

CJ2K for Megatron?

CJ2K for Shady McCoy?

Maybe

Probably

Yes

CJ owner just declined:

(in a PPR)

I called it. His counter offer to me:

I trade: Megatron, Hightower, & Helu

for his : CJ2K & Burleson

:thumbsdown:

I called it. His counter offer to me:

I trade: Megatron, Hightower, & Helu

for his : CJ2K & Burleson

:thumbsdown:

Nelson and bradshaw for CJ2K to me is a joke.....As a CJ2K owner i would rather stick with him and ride it out then trade him for half his stock...I dont sell low, i sell high

Nelson and bradshaw for CJ2K to me is a joke.....As a CJ2K owner i would rather stick with him and ride it out then trade him for half his stock...I dont sell low, i sell high

Your right. I would never do that trade at this point in a ppr league....especially with the production CJ2K

Chad Henne has more rushing yards & rushing touchdowns than Chris Johnson. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Come see me after this weekend when CJ2K goes for 150+

Just traded Fitzpatrick/ meachem/ r bush for CJ and Henne

i'm 3-0 at the top of the league (14 team) and feel CJ is worth the risk

This is so interesting. I've never seen such erratic perceptions of a player in FF. I'm going to continue to try and buy low but I literally can't get any bites. At some point people need to toss ADP out the window and judge their players off of their performances. I still keep hearing "well he was my first round pick, I'd probably be looking for something similar to that". I call shenanigans.

This is so interesting. I've never seen such erratic perceptions of a player in FF. I'm going to continue to try and buy low but I literally can't get any bites. At some point people need to toss ADP out the window and judge their players off of their performances. I still keep hearing "well he was my first round pick, I'd probably be looking for something similar to that". I call shenanigans.

You cant base a season on 3 weeks so yes ADP still matters...epecially for a guy who missed all of preseason from a holdout, its taking him longer to get into football shape...He is a proven 1000 yard back who plays every down including goal line....Its interesting how so many people are bailing on him so fast imo, when hes schedule after pitt is cake

I've acquired Chris Johnson in 3 leagues and did it all before this past Sunday.

Last week I got him for

(non-PPR) -- Jahvid Best and Jordy Nelson

(non-PPR) -- Beanie Wells and Roy Helu

(Non-PPR) -- AJ Green and Mario Manningham

You cant base a season on 3 weeks so yes ADP still matters...epecially for a guy who missed all of preseason from a holdout, its taking him longer to get into football shape...He is a proven 1000 yard back who plays every down including goal line....Its interesting how so many people are bailing on him so fast imo, when hes schedule after pitt is cake

I suppose CJ is an exception seeing as how he was once considered an elite talent. The thing is, you can indeed base a season on 3 weeks. Lesser yet viable talents like Gore, Mendenhall and Dwills for example are all legit busts in my eyes. The only thing holding CJ afloat is that monstrous upside that he possesses. I can however promise you that if he puts together another poor showing next week, where 1/4th of the season is already gonzo, all of a sudden that ADP will go out the window. More CJ owners will be panicking and less once intrigued buyers will be trying to buy-low. This, IMO, is his last week for redemption and the last chance to take the risk of buying-low.

I suppose CJ is an exception seeing as how he was once considered an elite talent. The thing is, you can indeed base a season on 3 weeks. Lesser yet viable talents like Gore, Mendenhall and Dwills for example are all legit busts in my eyes. The only thing holding CJ afloat is that monstrous upside that he possesses. I can however promise you that if he puts together another poor showing next week, where 1/4th of the season is already gonzo, all of a sudden that ADP will go out the window. More CJ owners will be panicking and less once intrigued buyers will be trying to buy-low. This, IMO, is his last week for redemption and the last chance to take the risk of buying-low.

I agree if he does not perform this week, his stock drops huge, especially with a matchup the next week vs pitt, which will prob be a weak performance also making it 5 weak performances...I would put him on my bench before i traded him for that low...and wait and see

Come see me after this weekend when CJ2K goes for 150+

says the cj2k owner in denial

says the cj2k owner in denial

Denial of what brah?? He gets his fullback back next week also...Only way he can go is up why sell him at his lowest

Denial of what brah?? He gets his fullback back next week also...Only way he can go is up why sell him at his lowest

or he could just as easy keep on sucking it up beyond belief now that he has his big contract.

or he could just as easy keep on sucking it up beyond belief now that he has his big contract.

Sounds like a jealous non chris johnson owner

Sounds like a jealous non chris johnson owner

and you sound more and more like a delusional cj owner. I have not nor will I try to trade for him. Im in a ppr league and at this rate my 3rd string back in earnast grahm is scoring as much or more than cj2k. He is not worth it at this point. He has a fat new contract and no reason to run hard.

One would think that running against Cleveland wouldn't be that hard.

funny they were just talking on espn how they dont expect much from him against the browns because they are going to stack the box even more with britt being lost for the season...which is going to be a normal thing for him from now till the end of the season. Not a lot of backs can excel in situations where the box is always stacked.