Sign in to follow this  
Joey Gladstone

Has anybody tried to buy low on Chris Johnson yet?

I find it glorious when a player like CJ starts the season slow like he has. Haven't sent a trade yet, just curious if anybody else has tried to deal for him. If so what did you offer and what was the response? If you haven't made an offer yet then what are you considering?

Lets this discussion flow like a Venezuelan waterfall.

Offered Beanie wells for him. Was planning on doing it anyways after this week but would have been a little more realistic if he had played this week. Haven't heard anything yet.

I'm open to accepting offers and have let my league know.

Only offer I've got in Colston, straight up. Pass. :thumbsdown:

Interesting. What are you hoping to get out of him?

Interesting. What are you hoping to get out of him?

Honestly I have no idea. As a CJ owner I feel like I almost have to hold him and hope for the best. The way I figure it, CJ does have a chance at turning it around and being the impact player I need.

However, what most of what people are willing to offer, and that includes Beanie Wells, just simply doesn't carry that same upside.

Sure if you have a great team and all you need are decent RB2 stats make a move like that but I don't think any CJ owner is thinking that they are going to turn their season around or win it all with someone like Beanie instead of CJ.

Just my 2 cents.

Last week I Offered the CJ owner Ryan Mathews, Dwayne Bowe, and Gates for CJ and Mike Williams. I was ignored.

sometimes the trades we dont make are the best trades.

Last week I Offered the CJ owner Ryan Mathews, Dwayne Bowe, and Gates for CJ and Mike Williams. I was ignored.

as a CJ owner, I would have made that trade in an instant.

Best one I've gotten is Ingram for CJ straight up.

I've convinced myself to hold on to CJ and not sell him low.

HOWEVER, after his 1st big game, you best believe I'll be looking for suitors.

I have offered Dwayne Bowe straight up - so far, ignored...

Thinking of adding Beanie, BJGE, or James Starks with Bowe

Right now all 3 are riding the pine for me. I probably would NOT start CJ - but like his cap $$$ amount in our keeper league ..

What do you think - is Bowe enough or should I add 1 of the 3 RBs

I will probably be ignored but offered Shonn Greene + Ricky Williams + Meachum for Cj + Hines. I know, I know... that's ridiculous but he's 0-3 and could be desperate.

I will probably be ignored but offered Shonn Greene + Ricky Williams + Meachum for Cj + Hines. I know, I know... that's ridiculous but he's 0-3 and could be desperate.

We're desperate but looking at week 4 we have to ask ourselves. Would we rather start?

CJ vs Cleveland

or

Shonn Green vs Baltimore

I'm trying to find the right offer to get me close enough for negotiations to happen...

We're desperate but looking at week 4 we have to ask ourselves. Would we rather start?

CJ vs Cleveland

or

Shonn Green vs Baltimore

true, true. I could always sub BJGE against the Ray-DAHs if he counters. But, wth, it's a first start in negotiations.

Im not really sure it was buying low, but i just traded Micheal Turner and Reggie Bush for Chris Johnson and Vernon Davis. I figured its a bit of a gamble that Johnson out performs Turner going forward, but i have Bradshaw, Best and Daniel Thomas to mitigate the gamble. Also i have great depth at WR (C Johnson, S Johnson, Bryant, Green, D Nelson, Burellson ) so if this blows up in my face i can hopefully trade some of that depth for a RB.

Also, the only TE i had rostered was Marcedes Lewis and i trust him 0% going forward. There was sh*t on the WW for TEs, with 3 different teams rostering 3 TEs,(including the guy i made the trade with. ) and most of the rest two each. So getting either Vernon Davis or Fred Davis from this guy was essential for me. I wouldnt have traded Turner straight up for Johnson. I think i might have preferred Fred, but i ended up asking for Vernon, and hoping his talent re-surfaces.

In the end my team is 3-0 and i thought the gamble was worth the risk.

Forgot...this is a non PPR league, so IMO Bush had zero value, so adding him in caused me zero grief. He might have been waived anyway (him or Burrelson) to make room if the guy would have accepted Turner for CJ and Davis.

I offered Best and Mike Williams for CJ and Denarius Moore - made the deal. Hope I did ok (Williams was my 4th - or I would not have done that)

I think CJ will rebound and I also have Stafford and Calvin Johnson (Feel better with CJ and not 3 lions)

I've offered Nicks for him straight up. Ignored. <_<

Some good feedback here. If I owned him I'd definitely be holding.

The CJ owner in my league is a FF rookie who I was helping out during the draft. I actually encouraged him to take Johnson with his pick and he's frustrated. He says he wants a receiver, which just so happens to be my deepest area.

He's playing it smart and telling me he wants to give it another week. We'll see what shakes out. :dunno:

One of my buddies, also 0-3, just sent me an offer but than quickly took it off the table.

I'ts actually a pretty fair deal.

McCoy/Decker for CJ/VJax

I imagine that I'll get heckled for making this offer, but I offered Fred Jackson & David Nelson for CJ. Turned down. I prefer to take the high risk/reward course of action to try and win the league. The way I see it, if CJ gets going, there is no way Jackson is better (and I don't need Nelson).

One of my buddies, also 0-3, just sent me an offer but than quickly, and probably smartly, took it off the table.

I'ts actually a pretty fair deal.

McCoy/Decker for CJ/VJax

I prefer the CJ/Vjax side of the deal. Perhaps I'm holding on to my preseason rankings too long.

Got an offer for Cedric Benson and Brandon Marshall. I said no because I really don't like Benson in real life or fantasy.

Ryan Matthews/Bowe/Gates for CJ - I'd take that

Also Gronk for CJ - I'd take that provided it's a TE league and I need a TE.

it's an issue of Upside - Ryan Matthews is the perfect match for CJ b/c he's got the upside.

A lot of you have listed the "pile of mediocrity" for CJ trade - that won't fly -

Is Nicks and Wells a fair offer to make for CJ? :unsure:

Is Nicks and Wells a fair offer to make for CJ? :unsure:

I think so - I'm a CJ owner and I'd probably take that about now - Nicks and Wells would BOTH improve my starting lineup over CJ and WR2/3.

But people are afraid to trad away CJ - any first/second round pick.

I wish i owned CJ and was offered that deal :o Even with Gates hurt id still do it especially if i needed help at TE

As a Best owner would you guys trade him for CJ?

(ppr league)

nope - no reason to get rid of Best - he's already what you're hoping CJ will turn into.

The DET team/offense looks terrific for fantasy players this year, no way I'd give up Best.

nope - no reason to get rid of Best - he's already what you're hoping CJ will turn into.

The DET team/offense looks terrific for fantasy players this year, no way I'd give up Best.

Thanks, i just have so many Lions it makes me nervous (Stafford, Best, PEttigrew and Burleson - 3/4WR)

I just got CJ and Colt McCoy for Fitzpatrick and McCluster.

He needed a WR with Britt down, and could use a #2 QB in our league, where you can FLEX one.

I needed a #2 RB behind McFadden, where I've been starting Benson...whereupon he has a suspension looming and more or less stinks. I have Romo as my #1 QB.

If CJ does better in wake of the Britt injury, I think I make out okay.

If CJ turns back into himself, and the Bills come back down to earth - I made out like a :ninja:

I just got CJ and McCoy for Fitzpatrick and McCluster.

He needed a WR with Britt down, and could use a #2 QB in our league, where you can FLEX one.

I needed a #2 RB behind McFadden, where I've been starting Benson...whereupon he has a suspension looming and more or less stinks. I have Romo as my #1 QB.

If CJ turns back into himself, and the Bills come back down to earth - I made out like a :ninja:

I like that trade. Took me a few seconds to realize you meant 'Colt' McCoy.

I just got CJ and McCoy for Fitzpatrick and McCluster.

WTF how is that even possible to get CJ and MCcoy for Fitzpatrick and mccluster

oh is it colt mccoy?