Sign in to follow this  
Cara

Arian Foster

With AJ out, Arian should have the ball in his hands much more so than any other RB in the NFL. Are you comfortable trading for him at this point? In most of my leagues his value is still that of a mid first round pick. If he blows up again this weekend, his value could rise to the status of last season and it will be too late to trade for him. I have a Foster owner in one of my leagues who is trying to trade him, but he wants McCoy for him. It is a PPR League and I love LeSean, however, no one compares to a fully healthy Foster in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Was actually offered that same exact trade (almost) in a non-ppr before Foster's blow up last week. Tate & Foster for McCoy.. I turned it down, but obviously before Foster proved he was healthy. If that trade was still on the table, not sure which way I'd go though. Still think Foster carries a bit of an extra injury risk just based on the hamstring injury

Here we have a perfect fantasy storm. Andre is out and that O-Line could make Benson look like LT. This is going to be scary and I'm facing him this week :wall:. I...own McCoy in a PPR league...I'd trade him for Foster.

With AJ out, Arian should have the ball in his hands much more so than any other RB in the NFL. Are you comfortable trading for him at this point? In most of my leagues his value is still that of a mid first round pick. If he blows up again this weekend, his value could rise to the status of last season and it will be too late to trade for him. I have a Foster owner in one of my leagues who is trying to trade him, but he wants McCoy for him. It is a PPR League and I love LeSean, however, no one compares to a fully healthy Foster in my opinion.

Thoughts?

I agree, Foster in his prime shape is the top back and I think all concerns about his hammy should have been put to rest after last Sunday. That said McCoy is putting up solid numbers and I would also analyze their respective schedules.

p.s.

Wrong forum.

I really hope he plays to last year's level or even higher. I traded Megatron for him before the season started.

Here we have a perfect fantasy storm. Andre is out and that O-Line could make Benson look like LT. This is going to be scary and I'm facing him this week :wall:. I...own McCoy in a PPR league...I'd trade him for Foster.

Uhh, having Andre out only hurts Foster. Now the defense can safely put 8 in the box.

Uhh, having Andre out only hurts Foster. Now the defense can safely put 8 in the box.

M. Schaub - A. Johnson = Kyle Boller

8 or 9 guys in the box easily.

M. Schaub - A. Johnson = Kyle Boller

8 or 9 guys in the box easily.

I understand the concern, but did you see the games last season? I cannot recall a play where Foster didn't have 8 men in the box. He also played some games without AJ early in the year and did exceptionally well. I'm not trying to make a case for Foster, just pointing out that the 8 or 9 man in the box argument does not really apply as he's been there and done that. He faces 8 men in the box when AJ DOES play. lol AJ usually gets a corner and safety help. I've seen plays where Walter was covered by a linebacker or simply a deep safety. I'm not certain 9 men in the box is feasible as Owen Daniels, Jones & Walter would be running wild. I've seen some website say Schaub will be blitzed all game long. That will be a HUGE mistake. If the defense blitzes, Foster only needs to beat one man to take it the distance.

He faced 8-9 man fronts all last year. Give him 20+ carries and it doesn't matter in the slightest. All AJ out means is that HOU is even more inclined to run the ball. Forget balance, this is going to be a ground and pound team for the foreseeable future. This is coming from a guy who has Schaub going up against Foster this week. I'm fully aware of my fate.

I also have schaub. should I be worried about his production going forward? He still has capable targets, and I would think that with foster back and a definite threat it could open up the passing game even with aj out. not sure how confident I am with schaub as a starter though right now.

snoop dawg high

8 or 9 in the box...with their blocking system and his cutbacks...means some of those 8 or 12 yard runs might be long touchdowns

I also have schaub. should I be worried about his production going forward? He still has capable targets, and I would think that with foster back and a definite threat it could open up the passing game even with aj out. not sure how confident I am with schaub as a starter though right now.

I'm worried. I tried shipping him out in my 2QB league two weeks ago after that sort of big game he had. He's just...not a top 10 QB even with AJ around.

I think Foster has taken over the reigns. I already dumped Ben Tate who is actually partially injured and has seemed to see his climax already this season. I was able to rein in Ryan Tarain.

I love Foster for the rest of the season Texans are a running team and still better skill guys then Oak and they seem to run ok.

after losing jamaal charles for the season, i'm taking a shot on foster i traded greg jennings and ahmad bradshaw for him. I don't think its too much of a risk but i desperately need a top back.

Always chuckled when folks thought Tate/Foster would be a 50/50 split. People have this thing with Foster like he's a fluke or something. If he stays healthy, he's a top 3 back the rest of the way. Weeks 6 and 7 are tough (@BAL, @TEN) but the rest of the schedule is pretty friendly....including CAR, @IND in weeks 15, 16. Doesn't get any better than that.

I think Foster is back. Tate and Ward are dealing w/ injuries. AJ is out for several weeks. The coaching staff is obviously comfortable putting the ball in his hands, ie, his 30 touch performance last week. I really think they ride this kid till the wheels fall off because I think next year, Tate is the guy. I have a feeling someone is catching heat for the use of a high pick on Tate, and him not seeing the field. I know, he's been injured his whole career, just my thoughts. Back to Foster. I just see him being a bigger bell cow for the Texans, who are trying to make their first trip to the playoffs. They have the best offensive line, a very talented back, and a serviceable QB. They are just going to milk the clock and melt games away until they secure that playoff berth.