Sign in to follow this  
montana

Crabtree? Still on WW....worth it?

Thoughts on him being a decent flex start in a PPR going forward?

I think he should be an option going forward. His looks are going up week after week and he seems to be catching most of them. Depending on rosters and format I say yes in most cases. PPR for sure.

i picked him up sf is 3-1 & he's there #1 wide receiver...smith & crab are gaining steam

Yes...My link

Thanks. Good stuff.

I rate CRUZ higher than Tree.

Give me your thoughts on that.

Thanks. Good stuff.

I rate CRUZ higher than Tree.

Give me your thoughts on that.

Well, everyone has a "what have you done for me lately" attitude when it comes to FF. Cruz has done a lot huh. This hilariously comes down to whether or not you want the #2 on a mediocre passing team or the #1 on a bad passing team. Anyway, the deciding factor is whether or not Cruz actually is the #2, if he really did pass up Manningham on the depth chart..

Offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride confirmed Thursday that Mario Manningham remains the starting receiver opposite Hakeem Nicks.

Gilbride actually believes Manningham's one-catch performance last week was his best game of the season. "He didn't have anything to show for it" but he ran great routes, Gilbride said. "We just couldn't get him the ball." It will be interesting to see what the Giants do in three-wide sets considering Victor Cruz's emergence as an outside threat. Mannningham is at least back to WR3 status for now in what appears to be a fluid situation.

Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger writes that he's "smelling a breakout game" for Mario Manningham in Week 5 against Seattle.

Garafolo points out that the Seahawks' slow-footed, oversized corners have been susceptible to quick outs and slants. He anticipates the Giants sizing up the defense with those kinds of throws, before surprising Seattle with deep shots to Mario. It's all obviously speculation, but makes some sense. The Seahawks defend the run as well as any defense in the NFL, so the Giants may come out of the gates attacking them with the pass.

..for the moment and for what I believe will be the forseeable future, Manningham will have a tight grip on the #2 spot. What we saw last week in the second half where Mario was essentially benched for Cruz PROBABLY wont happen again. His snap count is sure to decrease, it's in the writing. For that fact I like Tree this week and most weeks moving forward. I'm also assuming this is non-PPR.

Well, everyone has a "what have you done for me lately" attitude when it comes to FF. Cruz has done a lot huh. This hilariously comes down to whether or not you want the #2 on a mediocre passing team or the #1 on a bad passing team. Anyway, the deciding factor is whether or not Cruz actually is the #2, if he really did pass up Manningham on the depth chart..

Offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride confirmed Thursday that Mario Manningham remains the starting receiver opposite Hakeem Nicks.

Gilbride actually believes Manningham's one-catch performance last week was his best game of the season. "He didn't have anything to show for it" but he ran great routes, Gilbride said. "We just couldn't get him the ball." It will be interesting to see what the Giants do in three-wide sets considering Victor Cruz's emergence as an outside threat. Mannningham is at least back to WR3 status for now in what appears to be a fluid situation.

Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger writes that he's "smelling a breakout game" for Mario Manningham in Week 5 against Seattle.

Garafolo points out that the Seahawks' slow-footed, oversized corners have been susceptible to quick outs and slants. He anticipates the Giants sizing up the defense with those kinds of throws, before surprising Seattle with deep shots to Mario. It's all obviously speculation, but makes some sense. The Seahawks defend the run as well as any defense in the NFL, so the Giants may come out of the gates attacking them with the pass.

..for the moment and for what I believe will be the forseeable future, Manningham will have a tight grip on the #2 spot. What we saw last week in the second half where Mario was essentially benched for Cruz PROBABLY wont happen again. His snap count is sure to decrease, it's in the writing. For that fact I like Tree this week and most weeks moving forward. I'm also assuming this is non-PPR.

Man, I love your style and your knowledge. You rock, Dude!

BTW, it is a PPR league, which you probably will say - Tree fo' sure over Cruzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As a fill in he's all right, but if you're using Crabtree as your starter, I guarantee you won't be winning your league. Last year he only played or scored well against awful teams like St. Louis, Arizona and Oakland for example. I do think he's a talent, but that offense and QB are wildly inconsistent.

As a fill in he's all right, but if you're using Crabtree as your starter, I guarantee you won't be winning your league. Last year he only played or scored well against awful teams like St. Louis, Arizona and Oakland for example. I do think he's a talent, but that offense and QB are wildly inconsistent.

Agreed but take a look at how his schedule shapes up if he can stay healthy. He'll benefit from a good defense behind him and offensees' keying in to stop Gore and Hunter.

Tampa

@ Detroit

BYE

Cleveland

@Washington

NY Giants

@ Baltimore

St. Louis

@ Arizona

Pitt

@ Seattle

Not exactly a whos who of top passing defenses in the league. Many + matchups for Crabtree if he can stay healthy.

I'm starting him in one league this week, byes, and he may very well turn into my WR 3 since I lost Amendola for the season and Burleson looks like a bum.

I dropped Burly for Tree in my 14 team league.

I'm rolling with him @ flex.

Anything more than 6 - 60 I'll be happy.

I'm thinking 6 - 75 - 1 TD.....too much?

:dunno:

:crossfingers:

I'm rolling with him @ flex.

Anything more than 6 - 60 I'll be happy.

I'm thinking 6 - 75 - 1 TD.....too much?

:dunno:

:crossfingers:

I believe that Crabtree is a good option when healthy. I just have my questions about his health. He played hurt last week and did ok. at this point I dont know if his condition has improved from last week or if it has gotten worse.

With that being said, I'd prefer to take my chances with Crabtree than with most anyone you will find on the waiver wire.

I wish I hadn't listened to you here SameSongNDance by replacing CRUZ with Tree.

My fault for doubting my wisdom/gut/knowledge. I guess I thought you knew more than me on this one. This may cost me too.

i sat cruz too....i dont get it :wall:

sf scores 48 points ...morgan breaks his ankle & crabtree gets 2 catches for 30 yards ...back to the waiver wire you go

i sat cruz too....i dont get it :wall:

sf scores 48 points ...morgan breaks his ankle & crabtree gets 2 catches for 30 yards ...back to the waiver wire you go

I changed out Cruz when I read all these articles yesterday and today as to how the Gmen are not giving up on Manningham and that he is still the man (after Nicks).

LOL

I wish I hadn't listened to you here SameSongNDance by replacing CRUZ with Tree.

My fault for doubting my wisdom/gut/knowledge. I guess I thought you knew more than me on this one. This may cost me too.

I guess I have a way with words ;). I didn't think Cruz would fill into the slot so nicely, looks like he's picking up Smith's stats this year. You need to understand Cruz may be one of the very few legit WW additions this year. And...I'm not about to give up on Tree after one game.

Also, the SF vs. TB / NYG vs. SEA games were arse backwards. SEA was on the road where they had lost 15 straight. They weren't supposed to even sniff a win (a lot of failed survivor picks last week). I did NOT think NYG were ever going to have to air it out once in the game and that was a fair assumption. If you watched the SF game you would have noticed the game got out of hand very very quickly. TB was just dominated by SFs defense (highest scoring defense this week). SF had the game locked early and never had to air it out at any point. You'd also notice that both TEs had a pair of TDs eluding to a lot of two TE sets due to SF using Gore/Hunter to grind it out the entire game. Neither game went at all as planned and not coincidentally neither did the fantasy days of a lot of their players. You can't just take stats at their surface value.

I guess I have a way with words ;). I didn't think Cruz would fill into the slot so nicely, looks like he's picking up Smith's stats this year. You need to understand Cruz may be one of the very few legit WW additions this year. And...I'm not about to give up on Tree after one game.

Also, the SF vs. TB / NYG vs. SEA games were arse backwards. SEA was on the road where they had lost 15 straight. They weren't supposed to even sniff a win (a lot of failed survivor picks last week). I did NOT think NYG were ever going to have to air it out once in the game and that was a fair assumption. If you watched the SF game you would have noticed the game got out of hand very very quickly. TB was just dominated by SFs defense (highest scoring defense this week). SF had the game locked early and never had to air it out at any point. You'd also notice that both TEs had a pair of TDs eluding to a lot of two TE sets due to SF using Gore/Hunter to grind it out the entire game. Neither game went at all as planned and not coincidentally neither did the fantasy days of a lot of their players. You can't just take stats at their surface value.

Classy answer my friend. Like I said, I don't blame you; I blame myself because the final decision is mine. I get all the knowledge and then I act on that. My gut told me CRUZ (I'm a Giants fan), but your column here plus the info that came out saying Mario Manningham was not being abandoned and will start scared me off Cruz.

I agree with you - the Gmen were not supposed to air it out like they did. They were supposed to run it down Seattle's mouth. The Seattle no huddle on series one shocked the Gmen and bloodied their noses. They never recovered. As for TREE, I won't cut him, but he's back on my bench not to be played against anyone who has a weak rushing defense. I know SF prefers to play it conservatively and only wants to throw when they have to, perhaps because they don't trust their QB.

Classy answer my friend. Like I said, I don't blame you; I blame myself because the final decision is mine. I get all the knowledge and then I act on that. My gut told me CRUZ (I'm a Giants fan), but your column here plus the info that came out saying Mario Manningham was not being abandoned and will start scared me off Cruz.

I agree with you - the Gmen were not supposed to air it out like they did. They were supposed to run it down Seattle's mouth. The Seattle no huddle on series one shocked the Gmen and bloodied their noses. They never recovered. As for TREE, I won't cut him, but he's back on my bench not to be played against anyone who has a weak rushing defense. I know SF prefers to play it conservatively and only wants to throw when they have to, perhaps because they don't trust their QB.

I hear ya, I'm frustrated as well. I had Garcon pegged in as my #3 10 minutes before kick-off. I went back and forth on my decision but ultimately it was the words of the coaching staff that swayed my decision. My gut said Garcon, my head said Manningham. It's rough, I would've won as well. In the end I think I've learned to take anything a coaching staff says with a grain of salt.

I like Tree even more now that Morgan went down. I'll continue to back him....for now.

I like Tree even more now that Morgan went down. I'll continue to back him....for now.

Agreed, he was the only other WR catching balls on that team. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.