Sign in to follow this  
Militia

Isaac Redman likely start

Looks like he will get the starting nod, but Mendy could still be active. I picked Redman up (got MJD and Benson going now, yuk), what do y'all think REDMAN's day will look like? Is he worth anything this week?

I see him doing better than Mendy but that won't be hard to do as Mendy looks like chit. 60 and maybe a score is my guess.

I'm forced to start him due to bye weeks and Bredna Jacobs being a puzz. I'm not expecting all that much. Maybe like 70yds, 2 or 3 catches, and 1 TD. I guess that actually isn't too bad.

22 carries for 107 yards, 2 TD - one on a goal line dive, the other a 23 yard run, from just outside the redzone. Also three catches for 26 yards.

Grand total 133 yards and 2 TD. 25 fantasy points.

Rotoworld

According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, Rashard Mendenhall (hamstring) will be a true game-time decision against the Titans on Sunday.

La Canfora also reports Isaac Redman will draw the start at running back even if Mendenhall is active, much like the situation with Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter last weekend. Going up against the NFL's eighth ranked run defense as a backup, Mendenhall is best left on your bench unless you simply have no alternatives. We will learn his final status some time in the next two hours.

Eh - I'll try and check more around 11:30. NFL Network is not a Pitt Steeler's "source."

Also, I'm not impressed with the comparison! SF Gore blew up last week, when he was not supposedly the starter...

ESPN Link

Barring any unforeseen changes, Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall is out for Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans with a hamstring injury, team sources told ESPN's Josina Anderson.

Isaac Redman will get his first NFL start at running back for the Steelers. He has averaged 4.9 yards on 22 carries this season.

Even if Mendenhall gets the nod, I expect Redman will get significant playing time. The Steelers 3rd down back, M. Moore, is out with an injury, which leaves then with only 2 or 3 available RBs. Apparently, Big Ben is also starting.

Props to SameSongNDance.

He 'out-sourced' me in the other thread.

I don't see Pitt falling behind early and abandoning the run like we've seen in previous games.

Redman is gonna get a ton of touches. If you picked him up, I would say he's a must-start as an RB2.

Well, well, well. Now back to a morning of WSIS stress. Gotta pick 3 of the four MJD, Benson, Gore, Redman. Sunday mornings are so great!

22 carries for 107 yards, 2 TD - one on a goal line dive, the other a 23 yard run, from just outside the redzone. Also three catches for 26 yards.

Grand total 133 yards and 2 TD. 25 fantasy points.

against a very good defense in the Titans and running behind that terrible Oline? You are dreaming. 60-70 yds and maybe a TD is the best hope.

Tomlin just said Mendy will be suited, Redman to start.

ESPN Sunday Countdown

Nuts - I already changed out N. Washington for I. Redman at my FLEX spot. Oh, well - at least I only did free FF-leagues this year, due to the CBA madness.

Sounds like Mendy will dress, but will only be the emergency RB, in case Redman and Dwyer both went down.

Guess they can't keep him out because Moore is already out, and they'd only have two RBs active. But I would not expect Mendenhall to receive any snaps (and Dwyer won't get more than a couple) unless there's an injury to Redman.

Keep him in your line-ups and stop worrying about it.