Sign in to follow this  
Mackgee

Lol @DreamTeam Eagles

Philly is 40 times worse than Boston

:banana:

:mad:

Flyers haven't won a title since the mid 1970's.

Sixers won the title in 1983.

The Eagles have never won the Superbowl.

The Phillies won a world series 2 years ago.

So, in the past 30 years, Philadelphia sports teams won one single title. Which is also one single title in the past decade. I would think there are maybe 50-100 cities who have enjoyed winning at least one title in one sport in the last 30 years. I'd go so far to say that Philadelphia is arguably the worst sports town in America in the past 30 years.

Is Joey Chestnut from Philly? Mebbe Bubbles is including hot dog eating contests. Has the statue been commissioned yet? :music_guitarred:

You know what I think is more retarded than people being all cocky and making fun of other sports teams when their own team sucks? Living in a city your whole life but choosing to root for teams somewhere else in the country. I don't even see a little logic in that at all.

Eagles lose again :banana:

old news

:sleep:

Bad, bad team. The worst thing the Eagles can do now is rally to finish around 8-8 and keep Andy Reid's job. This organization needs a housecleaning from the top on down.

There's some talent here at WR and along the DL, but the linebackers and OL are just hideous. Philly is really paying for multiple seasons of fruitless drafts.

I'd love to get a real talent evaluator in here. Reid just has way too much power for a guy who's made so many bad decisions. I can't remember the last impact offensive lineman or player anywhere on defense he drafted.

Not good enough. :thumbsdown:

You know what I think is more retarded than people being all cocky and making fun of other sports teams when their own team sucks? Living in a city your whole life but choosing to root for teams somewhere else in the country. I don't even see a little logic in that at all.

It must really suck to move to another city and start to root potentially for the rival of your home town team. Right? And don't you work in New York? So, are you a Giants or Jets fan, or maybe even Buffalo?

It's really dumb to make up rules about sports rooting interests.

I feel a sense of enjoyment when the Philadelphia teams lose, since every year they play here, it costs the city money. We lose focking money because of these shitty teams. Fock me? Fock them.

Flyers haven't won a title since the mid 1970's.

Sixers won the title in 1983.

The Eagles have never won the Superbowl.

The Phillies won a world series 2 years ago.

So, in the past 30 years, Philadelphia sports teams won one single title. Which is also one single title in the past decade. I would think there are maybe 50-100 cities who have enjoyed winning at least one title in one sport in the last 30 years. I'd go so far to say that Philadelphia is arguably the worst sports town in America in the past 30 years.

Ok, now take all those teams over the last decade and count playoff births. The Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers are all perennial contenders. Year after year they maintain excellence. A lot goes into winning a championship. Health, momenetum at the right time, etc. PLus the fact that there are other great teams competing for the same thing. But Philly fans (and Boston fans), know that their teams are going to be in contention year in and year out.

Unlike Seattle. LOLOL. Seattle. :lol:

Ok, now take all those teams over the last decade and count playoff births. The Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers are all perennial contenders. Year after year they maintain excellence. A lot goes into winning a championship. Health, momenetum at the right time, etc. PLus the fact that there are other great teams competing for the same thing. But Philly fans (and Boston fans), know that their teams are going to be in contention year in and year out.

Unlike Seattle. LOLOL. Seattle. :lol:

If you don't win the championship, your season is worthless and a failure. Coffee is for closers.

You are an owner's dream. An idiot fan that doesn't care about winning a title, just being good enough to be mediocre so the team can continue to rake in the coin from retards like you.

If you don't win the championship, your season is worthless and a failure.

I thought 7-9 with a fluke playoff win was a huge success?

It must really suck to move to another city and start to root potentially for the rival of your home town team. Right? And don't you work in New York? So, are you a Giants or Jets fan, or maybe even Buffalo?

It's really dumb to make up rules about sports rooting interests.

I feel a sense of enjoyment when the Philadelphia teams lose, since every year they play here, it costs the city money. We lose focking money because of these shitty teams. Fock me? Fock them.

Yes. I grew up outside of NYC. I don't even know how you know that, but I've lived in Philly half of my life, I was a teenager when I came here, and I consider this my home. My uncles were Jets fans so that's who I watched when I was a kid, and I still watch the Jets and root for them, even though I don't like their current team. But over the years, and considering this my home, it is only natural for me to pull for this city's teams. My working in NY was a 5 month gig. I now work in Hartford, CT, does that mean I should automatically become a Pats fan now?

And the fact that you get enjoyment out of your home city failing is weird. It sounds like daddy issues or something that you were trying to rebel in any way you could. You can't even watch your teams play on normal TV stations or go to a game without flying across the country. That's weird to me. At least you picked the Seahawks and not something retarded like the Cowboys or Steelers.

I also don't understand how it is possible for sports to lose money for Philadelphia.

Where outside NYC? I was born in Queens and grew up on Long Island.

I thought 7-9 with a fluke playoff win was a huge success?

It was pleasant memory. Not a success.

I guess the Eagles have a lot more pleasant memories then. :dunno:

Ok, I stand corrected. Philly has year after year of pleasant memories. In sport after sport. Including a championship in baseball. Seattle's a focking joke with one pleasant memory in recent years.

Yes. I grew up outside of NYC. I don't even know how you know that, but I've lived in Philly half of my life, I was a teenager when I came here, and I consider this my home. My uncles were Jets fans so that's who I watched when I was a kid, and I still watch the Jets and root for them, even though I don't like their current team. But over the years, and considering this my home, it is only natural for me to pull for this city's teams. My working in NY was a 5 month gig. I now work in Hartford, CT, does that mean I should automatically become a Pats fan now?

And the fact that you get enjoyment out of your home city failing is weird. It sounds like daddy issues or something that you were trying to rebel in any way you could. You can't even watch your teams play on normal TV stations or go to a game without flying across the country. That's weird to me. At least you picked the Seahawks and not something retarded like the Cowboys or Steelers.

I also don't understand how it is possible for sports to lose money for Philadelphia.

I root for one sports team. Seattle Seahawks. That's it. I'm a gambler, and you don't want something like emotions to fock up selections. As far as selecting the team to be a fan of, it's something I'm not going do disclose, but doesn't it seem really silly to be a fan just because of geography. If someone lived in Bensalem, can they root for the Lions, or are they handcuffed to the Eagles due to proximity? If you aren't a bandwagon fan, then what exactly is the outrage about?

I was a very ardent student when the stadiums for the Eagles and Phillies were being built, and the hundreds of millions of dollars the city and state poured into the projects were gut wrenching. I read everything I could get my hands on, every reported, and knew a couple people that worked for the city in positions were they knew stuff. The contracts they drew up to keep the teams scrapped all the revenue the city was generating from the teams playing in the Vet. The city gave it all away in negotiations. The teams rake in almost every cent generated. I believe the city loses at least a million a year, and probably much more, to have the teams play in the city. I'm positive that it went from a plus total to a negative after the stadiums were built. If you want to count tourism and abstract stuff like that, it doesn't help me much when it comes to paying taxes.

Ok, now take all those teams over the last decade and count playoff births.

This is how you get to Philthy being a great sports town? LOL.

Most real sports towns measure success by Championships, not "almost got theres".

:banana:

:doublethumbsup:

Ok, I stand corrected. Philly has year after year of pleasant memories. In sport after sport. Including a championship in baseball. Seattle's a focking joke with one pleasant memory in recent years.

Seattle made the playoffs 5 straight years recently, and again last year. Won playoff games in 5 of those years.

Do you know anything about the NFL? Anything at all?

I was a very ardent student when the stadiums for the Eagles and Phillies were being built, and the hundreds of millions of dollars the city and state poured into the projects were gut wrenching. I read everything I could get my hands on, every reported, and knew a couple people that worked for the city in positions were they knew stuff. The contracts they drew up to keep the teams scrapped all the revenue the city was generating from the teams playing in the Vet. The city gave it all away in negotiations. The teams rake in almost every cent generated. I believe the city loses at least a million a year, and probably much more, to have the teams play in the city. I'm positive that it went from a plus total to a negative after the stadiums were built. If you want to count tourism and abstract stuff like that, it doesn't help me much when it comes to paying taxes.

I did not know this. That focking sucks if that is true. Were they actually threatening to leave or something or was this the great work of the Ass Clown named Street?

Seattle made the playoffs 5 straight years recently, and again last year. Won playoff games in 5 of those years.

Do you know anything about the NFL? Anything at all?

Ask anyone in the country who has the more succesful football team in the last ten years or so. 0% would say Seattle. They are one of the league's laughing stocks. Pssst- Curt Warner doessn't play anymore. LOLOLOLOL

Ask anyone in the country who has the more succesful football team in the last ten years or so. 0% would say Seattle. They are one of the league's laughing stocks. Pssst- Curt Warner doessn't play anymore. LOLOLOLOL

So now you are LOLOLOLOL at being better than Seattle? What happened to being the #2 Sports city in America?

Championships, Son. That's what the measure is.

So now you are LOLOLOLOL at being better than Seattle? What happened to being the #2 Sports city in America?

Championships, Son. That's what the measure is.

We're not talking about ancient history, son. The Cowboy's claim to fame over the last fifteen years is that they finally won a wild card game. Woohoo. :overhead:

We're not talking about ancient history, son. The Cowboy's claim to fame over the last fifteen years is that they finally won a wild card game. Woohoo. :overhead:

We're talking best Sports Cities.

Dallas has as many Championships in the last 6 months as Philthy does in the last 30 years.

WooHoo!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

grew up on Long Island.

Where in Elmont ? FrSq here - what high school ?

Where in Elmont ? FrSq here - what high school ?

I think we had this conversation before? I only lived there til I was 12, went to high school in Jersey, came here to Philly in college and never left. :cheers:

I think we had this conversation before? I only lived there til I was 12, went to high school in Jersey, came here to Philly in college and never left. :cheers:

Nah I PM'ed you and you never responded.... Remember where in Elmont ? (Kinda had this conversation)

Nah I PM'ed you and you never responded.... Remember where in Elmont ? (Kinda had this conversation)

Sorry man, thought I answered. I was about a mile away from Hempstead turnpike not far from the racetrack.

Sorry man, thought I answered. I was about a mile away from Hempstead turnpike not far from the racetrack.

Cool I was 3 blocks off the turnpike and about two miles from track. I'm still very near by.

Philadelphia ranks just behind Boston as the most successful sports cities the past decade. So suck it. :music_guitarred:

And the toilet was just behind my ass as i unloaded a giant deuce this morning...

Philadelphia hasn't been relevant since Randall Cunningham and Moses Malone... suck it.

Cool I was 3 blocks off the turnpike and about two miles from track. I'm still very near by.

Did you bring the strap on or is it a strap in now ?

And the toilet was just behind my ass as i unloaded a giant deuce this morning...

Your wife's face was behind mine.

I will repeat for the 100th time, Mike Vick is not a very good NFL QB.

Phurfur. I can't believe it. I agree with you on something. I've been saying that since they signed him.

Did you bring the strap on or is it a strap in now ?

:rolleyes:

Now I agree with you. :dunno: