Sign in to follow this  
brewmaster

Trade Value of Michael Vick?

Just wondering what is reasonable trade value of Mike Vick when looking to pick up RB or WR?

I've got Vick, Stafford, and Newton in standard scoring league. I obviously don't need two top ten QB's on my bench each week, and I'd prefer to hang onto Stafford and Newton because they have increased value as keepers. So far I'm not having much luck trying to trade Vick and just wondering what people think would be reasonable value for him when looking for RB or WR. As much as I hate having 2 of these guys on my bench each week, I'd also like to get decent value for Vick in a trade and not give an opposing owner a steal of a deal.

With all the quarterbacks putting up big numbers this year, not as much as you spent drafting him. I can't imagine many of the owners in your league are struggling at quarterback. I'd rather use a high waiver claim on Tebow.

With all the quarterbacks putting up big numbers this year, not as much as you spent drafting him. I can't imagine many of the owners in your league are struggling at quarterback. I'd rather use a high waiver claim on Tebow.

Good point, Joey. It's a ten team league also which adds to nobody being real desperate at QB.

Just wondering what is reasonable trade value of Mike Vick when looking to pick up RB or WR?

I've got Vick, Stafford, and Newton in standard scoring league. I obviously don't need two top ten QB's on my bench each week, and I'd prefer to hang onto Stafford and Newton because they have increased value as keepers. So far I'm not having much luck trying to trade Vick and just wondering what people think would be reasonable value for him when looking for RB or WR. As much as I hate having 2 of these guys on my bench each week, I'd also like to get decent value for Vick in a trade and not give an opposing owner a steal of a deal.

For what it's worth, I've been desperate for QBs most of the season thanks to stupid me dropping Cam the Friday before his first game due to my two Saints WRs dying on me and needing bench space. When the reports of Vick's hand injury surfaced, I offered the Vick owner (who also has Brees) Witten for Vick. I was willing to wait until he was healthy to have a top tier QB for the playoff push should I be fortunate enough to get there.

I quickly rescinded the offer since I saw Hasselbeck and Campbell were available. That, their favorable matchups down the stretch, and the thought that there's no telling if Vick will stay healthy through the season killed any incentive I had to trade for Vick. Plus, I could always gamble by grabbing VY if I wanted a Philly QB down the line. Given how poorly the team has played, I'd pass on that idea, too. I'd still consider grabbing Vick for a WR2 at best, and I don't think that's lowballing given how much of a risk he brings exiting a game to such an important spot.

I'd still consider grabbing Vick for a WR2 at best, and I don't think that's lowballing given how much of a risk he brings exiting a game to such an important spot.

Even with the injury risk and Philly looking pretty poor so far, I'd like to think Vick is worth more than a WR2.

I have Vick, Stafford, Tebow, and Cutler. I thought about offering Vick to a team in need of a QB for Calvin Johnson, but decided I didn't even want to do that. I can keep Vick for a 20th round pick for multiple years in this 2 keeper league. He wouldn't take Vick for Calvin anyway I would expect.

this year, QBs are not valued as much as usual, due to the fact that there are too many qbs putting up above average numbers. having said that, I am literally about to trade Vick along with LT for MJD and Freeman. Dude had freeman and Henne, and then picked up McNabb for Henne. So he's hurting...

His rbs are Gore, MJD and BGJE. I offered him hunter along with vick but he decided he'd rather have LT. Not sure why...

I very strongly believe I got above market value for Vick, not in terms of production, but again in terms of the fact that not many teams out there are really looking for qb help...

I did it because I grabbed Cam after week 1. I believe I'm taking a significant risk, but there is also significant risk with Vick getting hurt, and he's got a bye next week too, so was gonna use Cam then regardless. Time will tell, but I'm happy to grab MJD. My other rbs are FJax, Felix Jones, HighTower, Tolbert, LT and Hunter. Yeah I hoard RBs, big whoop wanna fight about it?!??!?

I have Vick, Stafford, Tebow, and Cutler. I thought about offering Vick to a team in need of a QB for Calvin Johnson, but decided I didn't even want to do that. I can keep Vick for a 20th round pick for multiple years in this 2 keeper league. He wouldn't take Vick for Calvin anyway I would expect.

only someone high on drugs would even consider Vick for Calvin Johnson. That dude would laugh you out of the building...I wouldn't give you 70% of Calvin for any other player in the league not named ADP, McCoy, Foster, or Rice...

I don't think he's worth a ton. A high end WR2 actually sounds about right to me. There are a lot of QBs putting up decent numbers this year, so nobody is that desperate for one. Add in the injury concern and the fact that the Eagles are playing like sh!t and I just don't see him being worth a WR1 (yet alone an RB1) straight-up.

Maybe you could get a WR1 in a package deal involving Vick.

I don't think he's worth a ton. A high end WR2 actually sounds about right to me. There are a lot of QBs putting up decent numbers this year, so nobody is that desperate for one. Add in the injury concern and the fact that the Eagles are playing like sh!t and I just don't see him being worth a WR1 (yet alone an RB1) straight-up.

just got MJD and freeman for him and LT. I think I got more than what I'd have given up for if I was in the same circumstances. I think I got more than what most people would give up period.

1 think to keep in mind, I don't think his team playing like crap has any negative effect on his value. if anything, their D playing like crap is a plus for him. if they really were the dream team and were routing teams, you'd see a lot of ronnie brown in the 4th quarter, decreasing his and McCoy's values both significantly...

I think Vick still ends the year a top 5 QB IF he doesn't get hurt. His per game average will be top 5, I have no doubt. But you take the injury risk in there and yeah his worth is likely not what the Vick owner is looking for. I'd say a RB2 or a low end WR1 is best one can hope for, and that will only play out if the other team is absolutely desperate for a QB and didn't get in on picking up on of 100 WW QBs that are currently startable...

The great thing about Vick is even when he has a bad game, he still gets you 20 points. His health is another story. You would need to find someone who really needs a QB and in a ten team league that can be hard so his value is decreased. Personally, I would keep sending out trades for players you want and see if you get someone to bite. You just never know when you catch someone at the right time.

This is pretty true. What you're going to get for a QB--any good QB--is totally dependent on who's on the wire and what owners have. I managed to swing a good QB-related trade in a 14-team league, but only because the team in question had just Kevin Kolb and Peyton Manning, and only Cassel and the Seattle QBs were on the wire. Essentially, the other owner's starter was subpar, he needed someone better the rest of the way, and, most importantly, didn't have any actual option at QB this week. You kinda need a perfect storm to get max value, even for a superior QB like Vick, or you're probably just going to be gunning for guys around RB or WR 15 or below.

Traded Vick and Jacoby Jones for Nate Washington, and Mike Wallace.

10 Team League, he had Eli, I have Matt H as back up, Needed WR's Bad so I thought it was a no brainer

Was 0-3, hoping to be 3-3 after this week

Traded Vick and Jacoby Jones for Nate Washington, and Mike Wallace.

10 Team League, he had Eli, I have Matt H as back up, Needed WR's Bad so I thought it was a no brainer

Was 0-3, hoping to be 3-3 after this week

Ahhh, look at that; ... proof that Vick is worth a top 4 wide receiver plus a top 20 wide receiver.

I'm in the same position as you (but start 2 QB), and keep your bye weeks in mind! Both Cam and Stafford are both out week 9, which could create some sticky situations. I'd try to trade one of those two away (even though Vick is, imo, the worst of the trio) just so you're not stuck starting the likes of Sanchez or Flacco. Personal opinion, but it could matter a few weeks down the line.

Ahhh, look at that; ... proof that Vick is worth a top 4 wide receiver plus a top 20 wide receiver.

All that trade is 'proof' of is that someone was desperate for a QB.