Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Hightower week 6 outlook?

Great matchup vs Philly if he's healthy enough to go.

If he is anyone planning on starting him? Worth a flex in .5 or straight ppr leagues?

Personally ive got torain locked in at rb and Greg olsen at the flex currently and Hightower benched.

i'd steer clear outside of a really desperate situation. It's not just a 2 headed monster, it's a 3 damn headed monster...

I think the guy to get into the lineup vs. Philly is Fred Davis. Cooley is banged up again (just had fluid drained from knee) and the Eagles have traditionally been pitiful against TE's.

Unfortunately, I have to go w/ Hightower this week. Who knows, maybe this is the week that he gets over 100 yds and a TD. Shanarat always goes w/ the hot hand and that changes week to week.

Great matchup vs Philly if he's healthy enough to go.

If he is anyone planning on starting him? Worth a flex in .5 or straight ppr leagues?

Personally ive got torain locked in at rb and Greg olsen at the flex currently and Hightower benched.

Hightower is all done in Washington..Torain will tear up the eagles D and hightower won't even get a chance

Hightower is all done in Washington..Torain will tear up the eagles D and hightower won't even get a chance

After one week? No way, they just traded for him. I am from Denver, and I know how the Rat thinks, he will use a stable and ride the hot hand off the first few drives.

After one week? No way, they just traded for him. I am from Denver, and I know how the Rat thinks, he will use a stable and ride the hot hand off the first few drives.

Which will be Torain

Which will be Torain

That's your theory. We will see, Shanny liked Torain enough to bring him into Washington's camp after he was dropped by Denver.

That's your theory. We will see, Shanny liked Torain enough to bring him into Washington's camp after he was dropped by Denver.

No its whats going to happen

Unfortunately, I have to go w/ Hightower this week. Who knows, maybe this is the week that he gets over 100 yds and a TD. Shanarat always goes w/ the hot hand and that changes week to week.

25 yards rushing and 20 receiving is more likely to be his result for the day.

It looks like I'm stuck starting him, too (CJ2K and Battle on bye). We can only hope he does well, or Torain gets hurt. Naaahhhh, just kiddin', sorta...

CBS is reporting that Hightower was limited again in Friday's practice and is listed as questionable for Sunday

Hightower 'questionable' for Eagles game Tim Hightower (knee) is listed as "questionable" after another limited practice on Friday.

Hightower was limited all week, but all indications suggest he will be active on Sunday. One report has Hightower as the likely starter, though he could give way to Ryan Torain in a "hot hand" approach after just a few carries. Hightower will be a risk-reward RB2 play against the Eagles' 30th-ranked run defense. Source: Grant Paulsen on Twitter Oct 14 - 1:03 PM

Shanahan brought Hightower in as insurance in case Torain got hurt...which he did in the preseason...leading to Hightower's ascension.

The only thing that will keep Torain off the field is a sudden case of fumble-itis or an injury. Either is quite possible.

But until then, Torain is the one to start.

Start Hightower as a last resort.

Hightower is all done in Washington..Torain will tear up the eagles D

But then he will get hurt, AGAIN, in the 2nd quarter, and Hightower will re-establish himself as the RB1 in DC.

Torain went from 4th string to starter last year and now third string to getting the most carries last week. He's obviously proven to be a very good runner on game days and in practice too.

Rich Tandler of CSN Washington expects Tim Hightower to start in Week 6, but Ryan Torain to lead the Redskins in carries.

We've posted a ton of Redskins backfield updates over the past two weeks. To be clear, they are all speculation, and no one outside of the Washington meeting room knows what's going to happen on game day. Often times, the Shanahans just let the backfield distribution sort itself out based on who looks good in practice and during pre-game warmups. Ultimately, Torain is the best bet for Week 6 fantasy production. It's hard to imagine using Hightower. Oct 14 - 1:56 PM

Source: Rich Tandler on Twitter

I am starting Hightower so that means he is a lock to do jack sh!t!!!!!!! :doublethumbsup: In stupid keeper league i joined ive been favored every week but am 1-4. This is a great matchup for Skins RBs but i dont trust any of them right now. However with Mathews on bye im stuck with Hightower

Until the inevitable sprained mangina, blown pass protection or fumble.

There's a reason that a guy who dazzles when he plays doesn't play that much.

Until the inevitable sprained mangina, blown pass protection or fumble.

There's a reason that a guy who dazzles when he plays doesn't play that much.

This.