Sign in to follow this  
windycityiggy

Need Lineup Help? Ask Here!

OK Iggy. Couple of quick decisons. Here are my for certains:

QB- Romo

RB- Gore

RB?- Daniel Thomas (Just make sure nothing stupid happens to his status, as of right now they say he is playing)

WC?- Floyd is questionable so I'd shy away from him, stick with Daniels, Gaffney is horrible and so are his qb's

WR- R. White

WR- A. J.Green

K- Kasay

Def-? Go with Bills D. They have a knack for scoring TD's and Mark Sanchez is prone to throw a few picks or fumble. Pitt D is great, but not a good matchup, should be a dog fight.

Here are my options for fill ins

RB- Daniel Thomas @ KC, Delone Carter vs. Atl, or DJ Ware @ NE

WC- M. Floyd vs. GB, Owen Daniels vs Cle, Jabar Gaffney vs SF

Def- Pitts vs (Balt) or Buf vs (Jets)

Thanks very much in advance for your input

You are welcome, good luck in Week 9!

I am currently in 2nd going against the 3rd place team. Tough week for me as Megatron and AP are on bye and Matthews is injured.

Ppr 12 teamed

QB: Vick

WR: Austin

WR: Manningham

RB: S. Jax

RB: CJ2K

TE: Gronk

Flex: ?

Options are:

Finley v SD

DHB v Den

Baldwin v Mia

Crabtree v Was

WW options

Breaston v Mia

Simpson v Ten

Ogbonnya v Hou

Thanks in advance!

Since it's PPR you have to go with DHB or Michael Crabtree, nobody leads their teams in targets by a wider margin than these two. Crabtree has team high 6 red zone targets and 24 targets over past 2 games. DHB has 18 receptions the past 3 games, and the QB situation is finally in order. If their passing game gets going, it will be because of him. Feel free to use either. P.S. Ogbonnya might be a nice waiver wire pickup now that Hillis looks to be done for a while and Hardesty is out. Funny thing is, he now faces the same team who dropped them from their practice squad, in the Texans. Maybe a little revenge? Keep an eye on that guy and see how he preforms this week. Could hold some value. Good luck in Week 9 hope this helps!

Okay Romo is killing me. I expeceted him to be a good fantasy QB but he is trending down as of late. I have an opportunity to pick up Big Ben. Taking future schedule into consideration whom do you feel will be the better option for me?

I own Big Ben. Drafted him in the 8th round of my draft as I watched all my buddies waste their 2nd and 3rd round picks on QB's. Big Ben is currently the 6th best scoring QB in the league.

Based on these schedules, I'd have to say Big Ben is and will continue to be the better quarterback. Like I said he's ranked 6th fantasy wise, and look at some of these match ups. Of course, this week's against the Ravens isn't great, but after that!?! Bengals and Browns twice? Chiefs off a bye week? The St. Louis Rams!? In my eyes, Big Ben will without a doubt be more productive than Mr. Romo will be. What round did you draft Tony in?

Big Ben remaining schedule:

Week 9: Ravens Edge Tony

Week 10: Bengals Edge Ben

Week 11: Bye

Week 12: Chiefs PUSH

Week 13: Bengals Edge Tony

Week 14: Browns Edge Ben

Week 15: 49ers Edge Tony

Week 16: Rams Edge Ben

Week 17: Browns Edge Ben

Romo remaining schedule:

Week 9: Seahawks

Week 10: Bills

Week 11: Redskins

Week 12: Dolphins

Week 13: Cardinals

Week 14: Giants

Week 15: Bucs

Week 16: Eagles

Week 17: Giants

Hope this helps!!! Good luck in Week 9!

You are welcome, good luck in Week 9!

Thanks again Iggy. Pretty much what I was hoping to hear from you. Appreciate your insight as always!

Scott

I got 2 decisions I'm still tryna decide on if you wanna throw some input thatd be great

I gotta go Michael Crabtree or James Starks in a NON ppr league

and my other league whiich is PPR I gotta go James Starks or Kevin Faulk.

14 team league. No one worth anyone on waivers. I am doing well and trying to prepare for weeks 14-16 (playoffs)

Scoring - non-ppr, standard scoring. All TD's 6 points.

I have been offered WR-Dwayne Bowe but have to give up RB-S. Greene.

My predicament.

I have only four RB's on my roster.

RB1 - L. McCoy

RB2 - D. Murray

RB3 - S. Greene

RB4 - M. Bush - (a RB2 ONLY while DMC is hurt)

If I trade Green and M. Bush is a back-up again, then I have only two running backs left. This is fine unless there is an injury.

My WR's:

WR1 - A. Johnson

WR2 - J. Maclin

WR3 - B. Lloyd

Dwayne Bowe would definitely upgrade my WR's.

I'd start weeks 14-16:

WR - A Johnson

WR - J. Maclin

FLEX - D Bowe (instead of S. Green)

RB - McCoy

RB - Murray

Should I trade?

Beanie Wells vs PHI or Ben Tate vs TB in a PPR league?

Wells is playing injured, and struggled against a bad Rams run D. Tate has upside but will he get enough touches to put up decent points?

Thanks in advance

I'm starting Sproles and Foster in a PPR. I also have McGahee and M Bush. Do I start M Bush or McGahee? Do I sit Sproles for both?

2 questions here:

PPR League

WR: Pick 3 - Roddy White, Manningham, Plaxico, Laurent Robinson

TE: Heath Miller or Jake Ballard?

Standard league. I have two questions:

1. TE

Ballard v. Niners

Pettigrew v. Bears

2. I can go with two WR or 1 WR and 1 RB of these:

Nicks v. Niners

Boldin v. Seahawks

S. Greene v. Pats

Thanks for the help.

OK Iggy. You helped me out last week with a close margin victory so once again I come to you with some similar issues.

Starters are:

QB- Romo

RB- Gore

RB 2- ?

Flex- ?

WR- AJ. Green

WR- R. White

K- Kasay

Def/ST- ?

Please pick three; 1 at rb, 1 at flex, 1 at D/ST

Daniel Thomas vs Wash

Delone Carter vs jags

DeAngelo Williams vs Tenn

DJ Ware @SF

Owen Daniels @ TB

Jabar Gaffney @ Miami

Pitts D/ST @ Cinci

Bills @ Dallas

Thanks very much in advance!!

Scott

2 questions:

1. Should I drop celek or G.Little for Vincent Brown?

2. Who to start .5ppr ? D.Thomas, Celek, Glittle

Thanks!

I guess I missed your first question so I'm not sure what you did there but Brown did have a nice game. On the flip side, I like Celek, he has been involved in the offense quite a bit these past few weeks. His value is on the rise!

Regarding the 2nd question....well I think I just answered that lol. Good luck this week!

14 team league. No one worth anyone on waivers. I am doing well and trying to prepare for weeks 14-16 (playoffs)

Scoring - non-ppr, standard scoring. All TD's 6 points.

I have been offered WR-Dwayne Bowe but have to give up RB-S. Greene.

My predicament.

I have only four RB's on my roster.

RB1 - L. McCoy

RB2 - D. Murray

RB3 - S. Greene

RB4 - M. Bush - (a RB2 ONLY while DMC is hurt)

If I trade Green and M. Bush is a back-up again, then I have only two running backs left. This is fine unless there is an injury.

My WR's:

WR1 - A. Johnson

WR2 - J. Maclin

WR3 - B. Lloyd

Dwayne Bowe would definitely upgrade my WR's.

I'd start weeks 14-16:

WR - A Johnson

WR - J. Maclin

FLEX - D Bowe (instead of S. Green)

RB - McCoy

RB - Murray

Should I trade?

Well after seeing what Bush did last night, I'm not to sure you should make the move. This trade all comes down to if A. Johnson is finally going to get healthy, and when he does, is he going to be productive? I just can't trust the KC offense. They just aren't that great, and rookie Johnathan Baldwin has emerged as a playmaker as well. I'd stand pat man to be honest. Good luck!

2 questions here:

PPR League

WR: Pick 3 - Roddy White, Manningham, Plaxico, Laurent Robinson

TE: Heath Miller or Jake Ballard?

Roddy, Manningham, and Plaxico. I'd hate to tell you to start two of the Giants players as I don't like to do that, but it might be the best option. With Nicks status up in the air and questionable for Sunday, it's hard to imagine Mario won't see quite a few targets on Sunday. I hate Mark Sanchez, but the fact of the matter is the Patriots passing defense is horrendous, and he gets nothing but red zone targets, so he's worth the start gainst the Pats.

I'd have to say Jake Ballard on this one. He has been heavily involved lately, and is tied for a team high 9 red zone targets. Heath has been looked at quite a bit as well, but with the injuries to Bradshaw leave the Giants with a slow and aging Jacobs against the NFL's #1 rushing defense. Eli will be throwing and most likely looking for the big guy anywhere near the end zone.

Hope this helps good luck in Week 10!

Standard league. I have two questions:

1. TE

Ballard v. Niners

Pettigrew v. Bears (Wow. Tough question Madler. Bears are WORST in the league at defending the TE position and Pettigrew scored on them in Week 5. Ballard on the other hand has been heavily involved in the passing game and with the Giants rushing attack being slowed by the injury of Bradshaw, and against the #1 rush defense, I don't see how Eli does not throw the ball 30+ times Sunday. This truly is a hard call man. In my week 10 column, I drank the kool-aid and put Stafford on my sit 'em list. I think he has an off game, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Ballard. Tread lightly though.)

2. I can go with two WR or 1 WR and 1 RB of these:

Nicks v. Niners (Is he going to play? As of now I'm reading he is questionable, plus he was limited in practice all week)

Boldin v. Seahawks (Seahawks secondary is young and they do give up the big play, however, Boldin isn't the playmaker on this team, Torrey Smith is. Boldin gets very little yards after the catch. I have Torrey on my start 'em list)

S. Greene v. Pats (Good play here. Patriots are vulnerable to the pass which should open up the rushing game. Rex loves to ground and pound 'em and if he wants to beat Tom Brady and the Patriots, that's what he's going to do)

Thanks for the help.

Greene for sure. If Nicks is for sure going to play then go with him over Boldin. Hope this helps, good luck in Week 10!

OK Iggy. You helped me out last week with a close margin victory so once again I come to you with some similar issues.

Starters are:

QB- Romo

RB- Gore

RB 2- ? Wow. I'm seriously stuck here. Thomas lost his value, as Bush is running fantastic right now and will be the starter Sunday. Delone Carter has done nothing and Addai might be back so no value there. Ware is the backup behind Jacobs, and is a change of pace back, but it's the 49ers....the #1 rushing defense in the NFL so how can I tell you to play him? I guess it's down to DeAngelo my man lol. Nothing you can do here, you are very weak at the RB position this week. Take all this with a grain of salt, one of these guys might surprise you, but the knowledgeable thing to do here is start Williams I guess. Sorry I couldn't say more.

Flex- ? Owen Daniels. Bucs have given up the 6th most points to the TE position this season. Daniels also leads the teams in targets and red zone targets. Gotta put him here against TB.

WR- AJ. Green

WR- R. White

K- Kasay

Def/ST- Cowboys giving up 7th fewest points to the D/ST position in their last 5 games. Bills do create turnovers and we all know Romo is shaky out there, but this is not a great match up. Steelers have only created 4 turnovers this year, surprisingly, yet they are still the 10th ranked fantasy defense. Dalton protects the ball well, but I think you have to stick with the better defense and match up here, and that's Pitt.

Please pick three; 1 at rb, 1 at flex, 1 at D/ST

Daniel Thomas vs Wash

Delone Carter vs jags

DeAngelo Williams vs Tenn

DJ Ware @SF

Owen Daniels @ TB

Jabar Gaffney @ Miami

Pitts D/ST @ Cinci

Bills @ Dallas

Thanks very much in advance!!

Scott

Glad I've have helped you be successful these past few weeks. Hopefully, it continues this week. Good luck!

Eric Decker vs. KC

Jackie Battle vs. DEN

Earl Bennett vs. DET

Need 1 for my flex position in a 1pt per reception League

Earl Bennett.

If Tebow is going to throw a TD to anyone, it's Decker. However, looks like they will be running the option quite a lot from here on out and Tebow barley reaches 100 passing yards a game so Decker lost a little bit of value.

Jackie Battle has to be the most boring, non-flashy back in the league. He is the starter, and will get the majority of the carries, but it still might not merit a start.

Earl Bennett is on my start 'em list this week.

Read here for my explanation please ===> http://ffblife.com/index.php/michaeliggy/242-omostartsit10

Good luck in Week 10 and hope this helps!

http://ffblife.com/index.php/michaeliggy/242-omostartsit10

Please click the above link to read my Week 10 column up at ffblife.com. I take my time out to read each and everyone of your posts. All I ask in return is you take a look and rate it properly. I try my best to help everyone!

One more question

Steelers D or 49ers D?

I don't know why I'm doing it, but I'm sitting the 49ers D/ST for the Texans D/ST this week. I fear that the Giants will have no rushing attack and be forced to throw everywhere! Dalton is a safe qb and doesn't take chances, but they really aren't that explosive. Steelers got the better match up here. Good luck my man!

Lions D/ST @ Chicago OR Redskins D/ST @ Miami

Thanks in advanced, much appreciated. Pretty awesome thread you have here.

Iggy! Great job on the ffblife site! Great info! ..however, I'm waiting on the week 11 DEF rankings (?)

Anyway, once again, I seek your great prognostigation and expert analysis in evaluating my guys. I'm 6-3 and should be 7-3 after going against a very week team tomorrow. That said, I need to plan for playoff weeks' 14-16. I have to target a b/u QB and shore up my def.

On our WW: for QB's: CUTLER, TEBOW, FLACCO, HASSELBECK,.. and on DEF: ATL, SEA,

I'm thinking of adding CUTLER, and need to add another DEF (keeping BUF) ...or should I trade any depth you can see. Please let me know any advise, or I'll send you an email with detailed info with other owner's rosters.

Thanks brother. I'll now owe you more than a few at the EPI.

Standard Scoring, (6pts TD), 10 Team League (not trade friendly, virtually doesn’t happen)

our flex allows a TE, WR, or 3 RB start.

My Team (Week 11 starters)

QB: T.Romo

RB: MJD, M.Bush, R.Mathews -(flex RB-TE-WR)

WR: M.Wallace, D.Bryant

TE: Gronkowski

K: J. Kasey

D: MIA (dropped ATL this week)

BENCH:

RB: S.Greene, M.Ingram, M.Lynch(wk 11)

WR: Manningham, A. Johnson

TE: F. Davis

D: BILLS

Iggy! Great job on the ffblife site! Great info! ..however, I'm waiting on the week 11 DEF rankings (?)

Anyway, once again, I seek your great prognostigation and expert analysis in evaluating my guys. I'm 6-3 and should be 7-3 after going against a very week team tomorrow. That said, I need to plan for playoff weeks' 14-16. I have to target a b/u QB and shore up my def.

On our WW: for QB's: CUTLER, TEBOW, FLACCO, HASSELBECK,.. and on DEF: ATL, SEA,

I'm thinking of adding CUTLER, and need to add another DEF (keeping BUF) ...or should I trade any depth you can see. Please let me know any advise, or I'll send you an email with detailed info with other owner's rosters.

Thanks brother. I'll now owe you more than a few at the EPI.

Standard Scoring, (6pts TD), 10 Team League (not trade friendly, virtually doesn't happen)

our flex allows a TE, WR, or 3 RB start.

My Team (Week 11 starters)

QB: T.Romo

RB: MJD, M.Bush, R.Mathews -(flex RB-TE-WR)

WR: M.Wallace, D.Bryant

TE: Gronkowski

K: J. Kasey

D: MIA (dropped ATL this week)

BENCH:

RB: S.Greene, M.Ingram, M.Lynch(wk 11)

WR: Manningham, A. Johnson

TE: F. Davis

D: BILLS

What's up Phil! I got your email! Glad to hear of your continued success, and I will come take you up on those drinks once I help you win the ship! As far as your question goes. I would target Jay Cutler or Tim Tebow. I actually own both in one of my leagues. Tebow might not throw for 300 yards a game, but as a fantasy football quarterback, his value is through the roof. An NFL team running the option? Are you serious? Nothing better than owning a QB that will run for 100 yards a game and get at least 2 TD's SOMEHOW. I'm starting Tebow this week, he should get close to 30 points depending on your leagues scoring system. As far as Jay Cutler goes. The man is back. His woman is back with him and flaunting that he has "the best butt in the NFL" Call me crazy, but I think Midway Jay was affected on the football field because of his strained relationship with his girlfriend. Now that he fixed that situation, he looks like a beast on Sunday's. Keep giving him the booty Kristen, us Bears fans need this!!

You are sitting pretty at the RB position and hopefully Andre can come back healthy and productive and you should be just fine. As far as your defense goes. The Bills are a very opportunistic team, and they do create turnovers a whole lot. However, I do not like the match up they have this week. You might want to re-think owning the Dolphins D/ST though. I understand where you are going with that one this week, but let them go after Week 10. They have to play the Bills twice, the Cowboys, the Eagles, and the Patriots. That's just not good news come playoff time! Keep the Bills, drop Mia after this week and go pick up the Falcons D/ST! That's just my opinion! Thanks for being a regular to our site, Phil, we appreciate it. Now go beat down your opponent this week!

Lions D/ST @ Chicago OR Redskins D/ST @ Miami

Thanks in advanced, much appreciated. Pretty awesome thread you have here.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Jay Cutler is heating up and so are the Chicago Bears. You probably didn't read my Week 10 start 'em sit 'em, but I'm expecting a bad game from the Lions. Go with the Redskins here. Just ask yourself this question...would you rather go against Matt Moore or Jay Cutler? Problem solved! Good luck in Week 10!

Need to start 3 non ppr

Bennett, Earl WR CHI DET

Bryant, Dez WR DAL BUF

Cruz, Victor WR NYG @SF

Baldwin, Jon WR KC DEN

Crabtree, Michael WR SF NYG

Manningham, Mario WR NYG @SF

dez & ? two more

Morning Iggy. I know you said start em in your article, but who would you start at flex? Ppr league

CJ2K vs Car

S. Jax vs Cle

Finley vs Min

Thanks again!

Whats up man...i appreciate all of your advice. Your column is helpful but I would love to hear your opinion on more players...that would make your article outstanding!

I do have one question for you...please help.

Need to start one...Colston, Wells, or Mendenhall? I am torn. Thinkning of going Colston but for some reason have a feeling Mendenhall might do it this week? I dont know though. They are saying wells isnt 100% but he is going against the eagles run D?

Need to start 3 non ppr

Bennett, Earl WR CHI DET

Bryant, Dez WR DAL BUF

Cruz, Victor WR NYG @SF

Baldwin, Jon WR KC DEN

Crabtree, Michael WR SF NYG

Manningham, Mario WR NYG @SF

dez & ? two more

Dez, Bennett, and Manningham

Morning Iggy. I know you said start em in your article, but who would you start at flex? Ppr league

CJ2K vs Car

S. Jax vs Cle

Finley vs Min

Thanks again!

Good morning jackjohn! Stick with CJ!!! I'm starting him in my yahoo league, I'm holding him hostage if he does not blow up this game!

Good luck

CJ2K vs Car

S. Jax vs Cle

Finley vs Min

Thanks again!

Good morning jackjohn! Stick with CJ!!! I'm starting him in my yahoo league, I'm holding him hostage if he does not blow up this game!

Good luck