Sign in to follow this  
crackills

Chris Johnson going forward?

i recently acquired Johnson in a trade. Trade worked out well for me but i am just not sure if CJ can really get it going this year or at least be any better then a mid tier RB. (i haven't seen any TN games this year... any homers can clue me in)

Is he just nor running as hard after he got paid... aka Heynsworth syndrome?

With his name and based on previous years performance one can still get good value for him in a trade. Is now the time to trade him... assuming i could get a couple of bottom tier1 WRs for him?

.. or ride the guys to see if he can become the RB we all know he is capable of being?

i would be left fairly thin at RB but i think the wr upgrade would be worth it.

have u looked at his upcoming schedule and playoff schedule ?

it's sick !!!!!

look at it and then you'll change your mind about wanting to trade him

his playoff schedule is ok with Indy and Jax..Jax has a top 10 D btw.

He also plays Cinc, Car, NO none of which are pushovers. Yeah, he has some bad Ds on the schedule... but he hasn't exactly lit it up against even bad Ds this year.

Plenty of owners are counting on CJ to produce in the second half.

Historically, the game after his BYE week is usually his biggest game. So the game vs Houston will tell us a lot.

I am banking on it. Traded Mcgahee and Torian for him last week when he was on a bye.

his playoff schedule is ok with Indy and Jax..Jax has a top 10 D btw.

Jax has give up like an average of 120 per to RBs this yr.

If he explodes against Houston keep him. If he sucks against Houston, keep him, because you won't get fair value for him. If he puts up a decent amount of fantasy points—let's say 60 yards and a TD—but doesn't really show you the CJ2K we're used to, trade him. You'll be able to get value for him from someone who's convinced he's "starting to put it together." But he won't be. Because if he can't light it up against Houston, at home, after a bye, spending 2 weeks working on the running game, he won't ever do it this year...not until Tennessee re-works that horrendous run blocking doffensive line.

If he explodes against Houston keep him. If he sucks against Houston, keep him, because you won't get fair value for him. If he puts up a decent amount of fantasy points—let's say 60 yards and a TD—but doesn't really show you the CJ2K we're used to, trade him. You'll be able to get value for him from someone who's convinced he's "starting to put it together." But he won't be. Because if he can't light it up against Houston, at home, after a bye, spending 2 weeks working on the running game, he won't ever do it this year...not until Tennessee re-works that horrendous run blocking doffensive line.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20111023/SPORTS01/111023003/Texans-hammer-Titans-41-7?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports%20Tennessee%20Titans

Much of the focus continued to be on running back Chris Johnson. Limited to 18 yards on 10 carries, and booed for much of the game, he was the first Titan to run to the tunnel as time expired.

Yet he might have done his teammates a favor, creating a mini-controversy with postgame comments that deflected attention from the team’s across-the-board failures.

Asked about the state of the rushing attack, Johnson insisted he is not the problem. Since signing a $53.5 million contract extension in September, however, he has 268 yards and is on pace to finish with a career-worst 715.

“Basically, if you are watching the game and you really can’t tell what is going on with the run game then I would say you really don’t know football,’’ Johnson said. “I wouldn’t say I am the issue. I am very confident I have been doing the things … I do.”

Johnson didn’t call out the offensive line, but said he’s 100 percent physically after holding out for all of training camp, and is doing everything the same way he did while leading the NFL in rushing yards over his first three seasons.

“I feel like I’ve been back,’’ Johnson said. “I can’t say that that’s the problem with the running game.”

Johnson’s teammates, including the one offensive lineman who lingered in the locker room, had his back.

“He is not the problem,’’ guard Jake Scott said. “There is no single problem. It is everybody that plays on the offensive side of the ball.”

It’s crazy for fans to suggest Johnson has hit a wall, according to Hall.

“He is still the same player, he doesn’t change overnight,’’ Hall said. “He 24 years old — you don’t just lose it like that. If he doesn’t have any space to run, he can’t do what he does. We have to give him space.

“He is going to catch the brunt of it because he held out and people are accustomed to him breaking the long run, but it is not him. He may miss a read every now and then, but we have to do a better job of blocking for him.”

If CJ's the same player as last year, wouldn't the line be made up of the same? I haven't had a chance to watch any Titans games to see. CJ had a 100+ yard game against the Browns in week 4. Yeah, it's the Browns, but I think it and a couple other totals show he's not exactly dead, at least not all the time.

Well at this point you don't have really much choice to hold him. Nobody is going to want to trade for him. You can't just cut him because there's always a chance that he gets it going. But for now I'd stow him away deep on your bench.

http://www.tennessea...nessee%20Titans

If CJ's the same player as last year, wouldn't the line be made up of the same? I haven't had a chance to watch any Titans games to see. CJ had a 100+ yard game against the Browns in week 4. Yeah, it's the Browns, but I think it and a couple other totals show he's not exactly dead, at least not all the time.

I watched a little of the yesterday's game. All I can say is he did not look like the same guy to me. Looked to be running much slower. Find it hard to believe he's lost a step already still being young and having no major injury but something is not right. 10 for 18 isn't just on the o-line. :dunno:

You people who keep saying he will blow up in the 2nd have are just in denial :nono: What gives you any hint or hope he will start to play good in the first 6 games??? :dunno:

GAME LOG-

Opp	Result	Att	Yds	Avg	Lg	TD	Rec	Yds	Avg	Lg	TD	
@JAC	L 14-16	9	24	2.7	9	0	6	25	4.2	11	0	
BAL	W 26-13	24	53	2.2	7	0	3	12	4.0	6	0	
DEN	W 17-14	13	21	1.6	8	0	4	54	13.5	34	0	
@CLE	W 31-13	23	101	4.4	25	0	2	11	5.5	6	0	
@PIT	L 17-38	14	51	3.6	21	1	3	14	4.7	9	0	
HOU	L 7-41	10	18	1.8	3	0	6	27	4.5	17	0

POINTS GAME LOG IN STANDARD SCORING-

Wk	Date	        Opp	Att	Yds	TD	Fum	Pts
1	09/11/11        @JAC	9	24	0	0	4
2	09/18/11	BAL	24	53	0	0	6
3	09/25/11	DEN	13	21	0	0	7
4	10/02/11	@CLE	23	101	0	0	12
5	10/09/11	@PIT	14	51	1	0	12
6	BYE	-	-	-	-	-	-
7	10/23/11	HOU	10	18	0	0	3

You people who keep saying he will blow up in the 2nd have are just in denial :nono: What gives you any hint or hope he will start to play good in the first 6 games??? :dunno:

Well, he was increasing his totals with each game prior to this Sunday. It certainly contributed to the notion that he was gradually getting back into the swing of things.

I believe Sunday was a fluke in that regard. He is better than that. He has to be. That said, he's also not likely to produce anywhere near as expected. The only thing which keeps him worthy of starting over other backs is that he remains the sole carrier on the team, which is beyond rare these days. It doesn't make it a better situation than would having either DMC or M. Bush, but it's still a positive. Sorta.

I swear. If they're not dropping like flies, then they're posting some ugly numbers and falling short. Feels like we're in a dead-ball era for FF.

He's not getting any help from the line, that's for sure. But good backs frequently turn a poorly blocked play into something big. Chris Johnson, in fact, used to do it all the time. He's not doing that at all this year. The more I think about it the more I think he's in a mental slump. Just like batters and basketball players, there are periods when backs just can't figure it out. What he needs to get out of it is one lucky play...a missed assignment on the defense, somebody falls down, something, ANYTHING to spring him for a 70 yarder. Nothing tangible will change after that but it's amazing what it can do for his mindset.

I feel like a battered wife sending the cops away AGAIN, but I'm going to give him one more chance against the worlds worst defense next week (Indy). After that, I gotta figure something else out.

I swear. If they're not dropping like flies, then they're posting some ugly numbers and falling short. Feels like we're in a dead-ball era for FF.

No...you just dont need to have 3 RBs in your lineup to win anymore. With rules now to protect the QB and not many workhorse RBs you can win with 3 WRs in your lineup.

Sources tell Titan Insider's Terry McCormick that Chris Johnson's conditioning level was not as good as it needed to be when he first reported to the Titans, and that it "could be a factor" in his early-season struggles.

Johnson hasn't had nearly the same kind of acceleration this season, especially in a short area. Texans players after Sunday's game confirmed that they believe Johnson isn't the same player. "If you hit him early, I think it kind of deters him a little bit," added ILB Brian Cushing. Johnson was booed by Titans fans Sunday, and even benched in favor of Javon Ringer at one point. Obviously, the team's Week 6 bye did nothing to rejuvenate Johnson. Oct 23 - 7:08 PM

Source: Titan Insider

Very frustrating to own right now but you gotta figure if there was EVER a week where he could get it going it would be this week against Indy...If he cant do it vs them he wont ever do it..

I think it is mental at this point and i think one big game will get him on a roll, he is too good of a player to have just "lost it"...i hope

GAME LOG-

Opp	Result	Att	Yds	Avg	Lg	TD	Rec	Yds	Avg	Lg	TD	
@JAC	L 14-16	9	24	2.7	9	0	6	25	4.2	11	0	
BAL	W 26-13	24	53	2.2	7	0	3	12	4.0	6	0	
DEN	W 17-14	13	21	1.6	8	0	4	54	13.5	34	0	
@CLE	W 31-13	23	101	4.4	25	0	2	11	5.5	6	0	
@PIT	L 17-38	14	51	3.6	21	1	3	14	4.7	9	0	
HOU	L 7-41	10	18	1.8	3	0	6	27	4.5	17	0

POINTS GAME LOG IN STANDARD SCORING-

Wk	Date	        Opp	Att	Yds	TD	Fum	Pts
1	09/11/11        @JAC	9	24	0	0	4
2	09/18/11	BAL	24	53	0	0	6
3	09/25/11	DEN	13	21	0	0	7
4	10/02/11	@CLE	23	101	0	0	12
5	10/09/11	@PIT	14	51	1	0	12
6	BYE	-	-	-	-	-	-
7	10/23/11	HOU	10	18	0	0	3

Because if the Red Sox can miss the playoffs the way they did this year, then anything can happen! Including Chris Johnson returning to form! Woo-hoo!

Because if the Red Sox can miss the playoffs the way they did this year, then anything can happen! Including Chris Johnson returning to form! Woo-hoo!

:( alright alright you got me :doh:

I am trying to buy. I don't think his stock can get any lower than right now. He is still putting up decent flex numbers in ppr (12-13pts). If he can put up those numbers with a huge upside, I'll take it if I can get him on the cheap. Just not sure the CJ owner will trade him because there is no value right now with him. I am trying to low ball him with Ingram/Cruz right now, and am waiting to see what he wants me to come up to.