Sign in to follow this  
SexyRexy

Michael Turner Trade Value?

What do you think his trade value is? I'm looking to obtain 2 RB's. Not sure what fair value is.

It's high...much higher than I expected. Yeah, he's clearly lost a step..he looks slower. The pure volume of carries is masking this fact so the stats are still there. You could possibly obtain two RB2's but not much more than that.

It's high...much higher than I expected. Yeah, he's clearly lost a step..he looks slower. The pure volume of carries is masking this fact so the stats are still there. You could possibly obtain two RB2's but not much more than that.

If you are looking at 2 RB's in return, then you are looking at a low end RB1 and a low end RB2. Maybe a Matthews and a Battle for Turner and a WR3 or some other need.

:huh: He's averaging over 4.5 yards a carry.

I have a deal in the works Turner/Stafford for Rodgers. Stafford's frickin ankle injury is holding up the works though.

You haven't watched him run.

Hopefully he loses another step in the offseason. He might average 6.0 ypc next year.

turner has been, in my humble opinion, the biggest surprise of the FF season. The way he looked last season, despite his numbers, I strongly believed he'd fall off the face of the earth this year. Like he'll be benched in favor by middle of the season. Not only has he played well, he's rumbled off some big ole games. I'm still very very skeptical he'll keep this high level up all year, so in my world, he's a perfect sell high candidate. And his value is really high right now. Top 5 back high. I'd move him. He might very well keep performing, but I think a lot of 60 and 70 yards with no TD stinkers are on the way. No logic to back that up, just a gut feeling, so take that for what its worth. Or rumble his fat ass all the way to a championship. Who knows...

You haven't watched him run.

I watched him against Detroit and he doesn't look bad to me. He is what he is.....he's got the biggest lower body of any RB I've seen in the NFL this year. He may be slow but if he makes it past the front of the D, he's a nightmare for opposing safeties and CB's to tackle.

Why trade him?

Turner and another waiver wire RB will probably out produce any 2 RB you can get.

ANY?!?!?!?!?!

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I'd ride him out, not a whole lot of backs doing better then him.

And he's clearly lost a step, getting tackled from behind on long runs that would have been sure TD's 2-3 years ago, but he's still a fairly quick, 250 lb back with good vision. After seeing a couple Falcons games early in the year, it was evident that the team was abandoning the run too fast, trying to be some fancy-pants passing team. They get back to what they're good at and both them and Turner thrive.

I'm in a dynasty league, so obviously that skews his value compared to re-draft leagues, but I was a Turner owner and I believe this will be his final really productive season as a true workhorse. Now, with the stats he's putting up, I'm basing that on nothing but a hunch, but yeah.

I traded him 2 weeks ago for DeMarco Murry (before his outburst), Greg Little and a first round draft pick.

In re-drafts however, I think you have to roll with him. He has some cake defensive matchups and the Falcons passing game isn't as advanced as we all thought it would be with Julio Jones coming in. Mike Smith still wants to be a run-first team, especially in the redzone.

Look at Burner's post season schedule (final four games of season): Carolina, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Tampa.

Unless you can get a steal or you are in a keeper/dynasty league, I think Turner will be among the better RBs all season.

Hopefully he loses another step in the offseason. He might average 6.0 ypc next year.

Yeah you're right. I must be crazy. I must be the only one who noticed he lost some top end speed. Oh wait..no I'm not..

After watching film of Michael Turner, Scouts Inc.'s Matt Williams sees "a back whose best days might already be behind him."

Turner averaged just 3.58 YPC against a string of mediocre run defenses in the final five games of last season, showing a lack of burst and explosion. As Williamson suggests, Turner's "arrow is going down" at age 29 after leading the NFL in carries in two of the past three seasons. Signs point to the Falcons opening up the offense under Matt Ryan, decreasing the rushing attempts. Turner is no longer a first-round fantasy pick.

One NFL personnel man told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Michael Turner is "just not the same back" this year.

The personnel man cited Turner's age and piling-up workloads; he led the NFL in carries in two of the past three seasons. If the Falcons' coaching staff takes seriously the Week 4 game film, it's going to see a thoroughly unproductive runner and continue to move more toward a pass-first offense. In his last two games, the 29 1/2-year-old turner is averaging 2.43 yards per carry.

Of Michael Turner's 360 yards, 31.7 percent have come on two jailbreak runs of 53 and 63 yards out of the no-huddle formation.

Turner is averaging a plodding 3.0 yards per on the rest of his carries. The Falcons need to give serious thought to their offensive identity, moving toward the no-huddle on a regular basis. The little success that Matt Ryan has enjoyed this season has come out of that formation where he confidently dictates the action.

Of Michael Turner's 360 yards, 31.7 percent have come on two jailbreak runs of 53 and 63 yards out of the no-huddle formation.

Turner is averaging a plodding 3.0 yards per on the rest of his carries. The Falcons need to give serious thought to their offensive identity, moving toward the no-huddle on a regular basis. The little success that Matt Ryan has enjoyed this season has come out of that formation where he confidently dictates the action.

I'm not saying Burner is the same as the first year he was a Falcon, but isn't the jailbreak run part of a LOT of impressive stat lines (see Sanders, Barry)? The fact is they will hand it off to him all day long so the chances that he gets those big runs are much greater than for backs stuck in a RBBC timeshare. Plus he is still a load and those guys seem to wear a defense out as the game goes along. The DB are a lot less eager to move up to get slammed by a 265 pound guy than at the start of the game.