Sign in to follow this  
Gandalfthecat

Did McFadden practice/run/light jog today?

Last I saw from Rotoworld, he had shed the boot, but didn't practice on Monday. I haven't read anywhere that he is in danger of missing the season.

Get yourself a cooler, lay yourself low... :music_guitarred:

Appearing on Around the League Live, NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora said he would be "surprised" if Darren McFadden (foot) plays this week.

Per LaCanfora's sources at the Raiders facility, McFadden has yet to hit the field while concentrating on rehab work early in the week. "They just don't know at this point," said LaCanfora. "It could be a couple of more weeks to be honest with you." Michael Bush is a RB1 option against the Vikings in Week 11.

Guy wants to trade me McFadden for Gore. I have Bush and Gore/Hunter. We are in a keeper league so it has added appeal. Was hoping this thread would help. Any thoughts since you are following McFadden?

McFadden isn't playing this week. I guess you can hope for next week but I think there will be a time-share even if he does play. I say this as a McFadden owner myself (who, for some god damned reason, was not smart enough to handcuff him with bush :doh: ). Sorry pal, we got focked.

P.S. I would take that Gore trade.

I'm sorry, but as a lifelong Raider fan I do not trust Darren McFadden to stay healthy. This train of thought is not influenced by the fact that I have Michael Bush on my fantasy football team. The fact that I have Michael Bush on my fantasy football team is influenced by this train of thought.

I have Mcfadden and Bush. I missed bush in the draft, (even though I obviously targeted him) but was able to trade for him during the Raiders bye week. Now I think I would be better off with Bush getting all the carries and almost don't want DMC back (as crazy as that sounds).

This is why Mcfadden will never be considered a top 5 back...He cant stay healthy and isnt worth the risk

Top 5 fantasy? In standard scoring he's still 13th overall. He could indeed still end top 5.

I've been rolling with M Bush but am hoping McFadden comes back in time to win me some playoff games.

I have Mcfadden and Bush. I missed bush in the draft, (even though I obviously targeted him) but was able to trade for him during the Raiders bye week. Now I think I would be better off with Bush getting all the carries and almost don't want DMC back (as crazy as that sounds).

That's beyond crazy :banana:

As a DMC/Bush owner in two leagues, I agree. The worst case situation is DMC coming back during fantasy playoff time, forcing us to decide who to start at a time when the wrong decision means you're out. So far we have had no decisions to make and had great production from that duo. If DMC comes back they could start him out with a lighter workload, which could prevent either player from elite production.

I'd rather him stay injured and out.

Bush = all the carries + all the TDs

McFadden = 2/3 the carries, 1/2 the TDs.

I'd much rather Bush than a hobbled McFadden getting back into the mix...

Let the man rest until 100% :pointstosky:

I know his first week back i'll be forced to start him and watch him be limited in touches... I'll take Bush thankyou

That's beyond crazy :banana:

Respectfully, I'm not so sure. I watched McFadden pussyfoot and titptoe his way around trying to come back from his turf toe injuries a few years back. I wanted to hammer my head against a wall. Both as a fan and a fantasy player. The big difference between these two running backs (besides the fact that Bush is a better power runner) is the explosiveness and speed of McFadden. If he is hobbled, or running gingerly, it completely neutralizes him. I've seen it happen.

At this point, injuries considered, Michael Bush is a strong fit for this offense. Having a guy like McFadden, at full speed, is definitely optimal. But unless he is 100%, and that is saying a whole helluva lot with Darren Mcfadden mind you, I'd rather have a horse like Michael Bush back there. And by the way I'm not the only Raider fan with this take. Far from it.

Top 5 fantasy? In standard scoring he's still 13th overall. He could indeed still end top 5.

I've been rolling with M Bush but am hoping McFadden comes back in time to win me some playoff games.

Same here.

Michael Bush has been terrific for my squad, but I certainly want a relatively healthy DMC for the fantasy playoffs. A healthy McFadden takes those big plays Mike Bush had against the Chargers to the house.

I will just say this....those two long runs that Bush had against the Chargers...are both TD's if Mcfadden is in there

Exactly what I was going to say. He's the undisputed No.1 when he's there. We know it. They know it. Everyone knows it (except for hopeful m bush owners...can't blame em).

Not that totally disagree with the statements about DMC, it is still opinion as to whether he would have scored on the two runs being mentioned. In fact no one knows for sure, but we can say DMC is studly when 100% healthy. He has proven that through week 7 or 8. As for M Bush he too has produced. Maybe not in the same way but results are the same. The biggest thing that is for sure Oakland is in a better position this year at this point of the season than it has in a long time. As a Bush owner (that picked up off waivers) will continue to ride the wave, but I am concerned going into playoffs in two weeks. I will adjust and hope for the best and a little luck.

Regular season goes thru Week 13 in my league. Start 2 rb's and I still have CJK2 and M. Turner - was offered Colston for McFadden today. My wr's are weak, thinking of taking it - good idea considering DMC's uncertainty?

Regular season goes thru Week 13 in my league. Start 2 rb's and I still have CJK2 and M. Turner - was offered Colston for McFadden today. My wr's are weak, thinking of taking it - good idea considering DMC's uncertainty?

Personally I believe you can get more than Colston. Even a DMC at 70% or 75% is going to produce more points on a consistent basis than Colston. He has had a couple of good games recently, but with NO lineup and Brees taking advantage of matchups you just dont know who is going to have the big game from one week to the next. The big question is will DMC come back for you. He should be your playoffs and will probably produce more points. Tough decision considering CJK2's schedule over the same period and how Turner is running.

Personally I believe you can get more than Colston. Even a DMC at 70% or 75% is going to produce more points on a consistent basis than Colston. He has had a couple of good games recently, but with NO lineup and Brees taking advantage of matchups you just dont know who is going to have the big game from one week to the next. The big question is will DMC come back for you. He should be your playoffs and will probably produce more points. Tough decision considering CJK2's schedule over the same period and how Turner is running.

Good call, I think this makes sense - gracias.

Respectfully, I'm not so sure. I watched McFadden pussyfoot and titptoe his way around trying to come back from his turf toe injuries a few years back. I wanted to hammer my head against a wall. Both as a fan and a fantasy player. The big difference between these two running backs (besides the fact that Bush is a better power runner) is the explosiveness and speed of McFadden. If he is hobbled, or running gingerly, it completely neutralizes him. I've seen it happen.

At this point, injuries considered, Michael Bush is a strong fit for this offense. Having a guy like McFadden, at full speed, is definitely optimal. But unless he is 100%, and that is saying a whole helluva lot with Darren Mcfadden mind you, I'd rather have a horse like Michael Bush back there. And by the way I'm not the only Raider fan with this take. Far from it.

I watched McFadden running this year before his injury and did not see any pussyfooting from him. He was running hard, maybe too hard for a player his type....speed probably being his #1 asset.

I would also like Oakland to hold off until he's 100%. If he can bounce back in the next couple weeks, he'll certainly be fresh for the stretch run.

Michael Bush, the horse, will still be there when McFadden comes back so it shouldn't be a problem. He can still come in to give McFadden a breather and take care of short yardage plays. They're a fantastic 1-2 punch.

I'm sure you aren't the only Raider fan that thinks that way but fans are fickle. Minnesota's D could shut down the Oakland running game because Bush isn't all that fast and then Raider fans would probably start begging for McFadden to come back.

Good call, I think this makes sense - gracias.

I was offered Dez Bryant straight up for McFadden last week but passed because I don't need a WR. Not sure if that helps but I'd definitely rather have Bryant than Colston.

I was offered Dez Bryant straight up for McFadden last week but passed because I don't need a WR. Not sure if that helps but I'd definitely rather have Bryant than Colston.

I would have rejected that too. A healthy McFadden will win people championships.

I'd rather have Colston than Bryant in my ppr league. But that's just me.

I watched McFadden running this year before his injury and did not see any pussyfooting from him. He was running hard, maybe too hard for a player his type....speed probably being his #1 asset.

I would also like Oakland to hold off until he's 100%. If he can bounce back in the next couple weeks, he'll certainly be fresh for the stretch run.

Michael Bush, the horse, will still be there when McFadden comes back so it shouldn't be a problem. He can still come in to give McFadden a breather and take care of short yardage plays. They're a fantastic 1-2 punch.

I'm sure you aren't the only Raider fan that thinks that way but fans are fickle. Minnesota's D could shut down the Oakland running game because Bush isn't all that fast and then Raider fans would probably start begging for McFadden to come back.

Oh trust me, I'm not getting glassy-eyed about Michael Bush running in the Metrodome this week at all. I've said I thought the Vikes defense looked a lot better against the Pack than the score indicated. Having said that, I am still going to play Bush over both the Burner and Shonne Green this week, though I need to figure who to pair with him out of those two. I'm leaning Green tonight with LT out. Anyway, I digress...

Right now I love Michael Bush in this Raiders offense. Can I see an 18 carry for 55 yard line from him this week? Sure. But I also see the Raiders getting down into the red zone plenty, and that means goal line sniffs for Michael Bush. Right now, this guy seems VERY hungry. He's running like baby needs a new pair of shoes. And that just may be the case with unrestricted free agency on the horizon. He seems hungry, and I can sense a trust in him from Hue Jackson.

I've seen your takes plenty on this board, you're a straight shooter. Of course I agree about McFadden giving the Raiders a dangerous dimension at the RB position they don't get from Michael Bush. When healthy, he was literally EXPLODING through secondaries this season. The best I've seen him play. But that's the thing with Darren McFadden... Always the caveat, "when healthy."

You see, I'm being objective here as I really don't need Michael Bush to carry my team. I've got the Burner, Shonne Green, Mendy, and Helu as my backs. When DMAC returns I'll just bench Bush. This is not wishful thinking, my take on this situation. I've got serious doubts as a Raider fan about McFadden's potential for the next several weeks. And looking at his backup, as a Raider fan, I'm seeing a hungry dog who's looking for a bone.

(KFFL) Oakland Raiders RB Michael Bush has rushed for 352 yards and added 130 yards receiving during RB Darren McFadden's (foot) absence. Bush said he has no problem carrying the load at running back. "It's cool getting the ball," Bush said, "but it's what I'm supposed to do. Running the ball. Like I told the coach, 'Just feed the stud,' I told him that last week. 'Give me the ball and let's see what we can do.'"

Oh trust me, I'm not getting glassy-eyed about Michael Bush running in the Metrodome this week at all. I've said I thought the Vikes defense looked a lot better against the Pack than the score indicated. Having said that, I am still going to play Bush over both the Burner and Shonne Green this week, though I need to figure who to pair with him out of those two. I'm leaning Green tonight with LT out. Anyway, I digress...

Right now I love Michael Bush in this Raiders offense. Can I see an 18 carry for 55 yard line from him this week? Sure. But I also see the Raiders getting down into the red zone plenty, and that means goal line sniffs for Michael Bush. Right now, this guy seems VERY hungry. He's running like baby needs a new pair of shoes. And that just may be the case with unrestricted free agency on the horizon. He seems hungry, and I can sense a trust in him from Hue Jackson.

I've seen your takes plenty on this board, you're a straight shooter. Of course I agree about McFadden giving the Raiders a dangerous dimension at the RB position they don't get from Michael Bush. When healthy, he was literally EXPLODING through secondaries this season. The best I've seen him play. But that's the thing with Darren McFadden... Always the caveat, "when healthy."

You see, I'm being objective here as I really don't need Michael Bush to carry my team. I've got the Burner, Shonne Green, Mendy, and Helu as my backs. When DMAC returns I'll just bench Bush. This is not wishful thinking, my take on this situation. I've got serious doubts as a Raider fan about McFadden's potential for the next several weeks. And looking at his backup, as a Raider fan, I'm seeing a hungry dog who's looking for a bone.

(KFFL) Oakland Raiders RB Michael Bush has rushed for 352 yards and added 130 yards receiving during RB Darren McFadden's (foot) absence. Bush said he has no problem carrying the load at running back. "It's cool getting the ball," Bush said, "but it's what I'm supposed to do. Running the ball. Like I told the coach, 'Just feed the stud,' I told him that last week. 'Give me the ball and let's see what we can do.'"

You have a good point about a man hungry for a contract. And the quotes from Bush from KFFL are exactly what I want to see. It's no doubt I'm starting Bush this weekend.

I think the reason I want McFadden back so bad is the big play. I know it's taboo to speak of your own leagues scoring system but mine gives bonuses toward big plays. That is why McFadden is such a weapon.

I really appreciate the Raider Homer takes from you Mick since I'm neck deep in Raiders with McFadden/Bush and Palmer. :cheers:

Given that it has taken DMC over a month just to WALK without a protective boot, I would be very surprised if the Raiders play him before week 13 or 14- especially with Bush running so well. IF he starts running full speed next week, MAYBE he practices and plays the following week. That seems like an optimistic timetable.

As for Bush, if I'm not mistaken, he only signed a 1-year deal and is running for a contract right now. He will be a very well paid starting RB on another team next year. If you are in a dynasty league and got him with a low pick or scraped him off the waiver wire, he is gold.

Given that it has taken DMC over a month just to WALK without a protective boot, I would be very surprised if the Raiders play him before week 13 or 14- especially with Bush running so well. IF he starts running full speed next week, MAYBE he practices and plays the following week. That seems like an optimistic timetable.

As for Bush, if I'm not mistaken, he only signed a 1-year deal and is running for a contract right now. He will be a very well paid starting RB on another team next year. If you are in a dynasty league and got him with a low pick or scraped him off the waiver wire, he is gold.

For what it's worth, I believe the Raiders can also Transition him or Franchise him for $5 mill or $7 mill respectively. That's a lot of cheddar to be tied up in two runnning backs sharing time. But with DMC's injury history, you just don't know how much insurance they want. They're high on Taiwan Jones, but obviously not as a power back. They could always bring in a short yardage guy. Would love to see Bush running next season for Tampa, Cleveland, or some other team with a good young offensive line.