Sign in to follow this  
Antiramie

Caleb Hanie

He's killing Chi D and Forte for me. Get off the field, you bum!

You must not have watched the Colts play this year...

YouTube "Curtis Painter".

He's making Our Savior who art thou Tebow look like an All-Pro!

hanie is far worse than painter. i think painter has actually done a decent job in relief of the best QB in the nfl well, debateable with rodgers but clearly Peyton is pretty damn valuable.

hanie is far worse than painter. i think painter has actually done a decent job in relief of the best QB in the nfl well, debateable with rodgers but clearly Peyton is pretty damn valuable.

In 9 starts, Painter's thrown 6 touchdowns and 9 INT's (he's probably had 5-8 easy INT's dropped out of sheer luck). He's completed just 54% of his passes. Has a plethora of weapons (Garcon, Wayne, Clark, Collie). He has an improved/solid run game that Peyton hasn't had in 8 years.

He's also had the benefit of learning under Peyton for 3 years, has played in 3 full pre-seasons (extended playing time in 2 of them), and had plenty of time to prep for 2011 as the starter.

As far as I'm concerned, Hanie is miles ahead of Painter at this point.

So much for the solid WR3 that Earl Bennett had become w/ Cutler. It was fun while it lasted. :(

So much for the solid WR3 that Earl Bennett had become w/ Cutler. It was fun while it lasted. :(

I spoke too soon! 5 yds! :doublethumbsup:

In 9 starts, Painter's thrown 6 touchdowns and 9 INT's (he's probably had 5-8 easy INT's dropped out of sheer luck). He's completed just 54% of his passes. Has a plethora of weapons (Garcon, Wayne, Clark, Collie). He has an improved/solid run game that Peyton hasn't had in 8 years.

So you're going to "count" 5-8 "easy" INTs against him that never were and 9 INTs in 9 games as worse than 3 INTs in 1 game? And is Painter's "plethora" of weapons any less than Chicago's? Certainly their "improved/solid" run game is less than Chicago's, no?

Granted, Painter is no gem, but he hasn't played as bad as Hanie has today and he's done so on a FAR worse team.

He's also had the benefit of learning under Peyton for 3 years, has played in 3 full pre-seasons (extended playing time in 2 of them), and had plenty of time to prep for 2011 as the starter.

As far as I'm concerned, Hanie is miles ahead of Painter at this point.

i never said painter was good, i said i have seen little flashes from him of being an NFL QB. Not so much in this game from Hanie.

now i agree, Hanie is just now being thrown in and Painter undoubtedly has better weapons in the passing game but as already mentioned, Hanie has a better defense behind him... much better and a much better running game. Indy's running game really isnt all that improved and their best blocking RB has been sidelined for a while prior to this week.

Apparently you are not privy to *Browns* or Jags games. Those are the two worst QBs in the game.

At least Colt McCoy and Gabbart can spike the ball to kill the clock, though...

At least Colt McCoy and Gabbart can spike the ball to kill the clock, though...

LOL I was just coming in to mention that...

Several poor decisions including the last play of course. He seemed to have appy feet most of the day. The Raiders were a tough opponent so full credit to them. This was a predicted loss for hanie's first start. There had better be some improvement above the shoulders next week or the Bears will be in serious trouble for playoff chances.

There is so much bad quarterbacking in the NFL right now it's stunning. Hanie, Gabbert, Palko, Ponder, Painter, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Skelton, Bradford, McCoy, Tavaris Jackson... It just goes on and on. If I had to pick just one, I'd say Gabbert is the worst I have seen as far as being just totally ineffective and unable to throw the ball with any accuracy whatsoever. Matt Moore actually looks like a quality NFL QB compared to all the garbage out there right now.

Yep, two words. Tyler Palko.

In terms of an NFL QB, yes. But when it comes to their WR's, Bowe has still been relevant with Palko