Sign in to follow this  
IndyFan

Rodgers sitting

Cost me a playoff game. FU Oakland for not being competitive

well, this has only been discussed as a possibility in the ff playoffs since last summer. welcome :thumbsup:

well, this has only been discussed as a possibility in the ff playoffs since last summer. welcome :thumbsup:

I think Rodgers sitting because the Packers clinched the #1 seed has been discussed. But not a ton of discussion about him leaving games early because his team is up 75 points.

Just sayin...

That begs the question....What happens next week? Will he continue sitting? :bench:

If they are ahead big late in a game? Yes.

the weather's tightening up as well. rodgers still put up lunch-bucket qb stats yesterday. but i'm not sure why everyone thought he was going to play 100 percent of the time and/or put up 300/4 each and every week come december and january.

i guarantee you mccarthy doesn't give a flying f about rodgers pretty stats or your ff team.

i expect his stats to be solid from here on out but average.

They need to win next week. In a close, but high scoring game. Rodgers wants that undefeated season, and I personally feel McCarthy is leery of what other coaches have done in the past regarding resting players.

They need to win next week. In a close, but high scoring game. Rodgers wants that undefeated season, and I personally feel McCarthy is leery of what other coaches have done in the past regarding resting players.

i like the way you sandwich what you want to happen in between two thoughts about what the packers are likely thinking... i doubt they are hoping for a close shootout vs the chiefs

He was sitting in the third quarter, too...

I think this is an important fantasy football lesson... there are so many important things to look at when evaluate players you will draft...

In a Rodgers vs. Brady decision you may have made earlier you have to consider that Belichick will have Brady in there and throwing 2 yard touchdown passes to his tight ends on fourth down up by 25 with :57 left in the game because he has a self-esteem problem stemming from not winning since "Hey Ya" was a hit song! Humiliating their opponent and padding their stats is more important to the Patriot franchise... they are angry that they got caught cheating and that they haven't won in a long time... :(

For a classy quarterback like Rodgers and a classy team like the Packers, winning the Lombardi Trophy and being good sportsmen is more important....

It's all about priorities and morals. :thumbsup:

What's cooler than being cool????

Ice cold!

Cost me a playoff game. FU Oakland for not being competitive

At least you pinned the blame on the right people. It always cracks me up when someone loses points because starters are rested in a blowout and they blame the team that is up by 30 for sitting them.

this really has me thinking about possibly playing cam newton over rodgers next week in the semis.

If they are ahead big late in a game? Yes.

I agree. With KC on the menu, Rodgers may be sitting by the start of the 3rd quarter.

For a classy quarterback like Rodgers and a classy team like the Packers, winning the Lombardi Trophy and being good sportsmen is more important....

Yeah, right. Up by 25 against the Broncos in the 4th quarter, Aaron Rodgers threw his 4th TD of the game to go up 49-17. Stay classy!

Same deal with Rodgers' 4th TD pass to go up 38-7 against the Vikings before Matt Flynn came in throwing to build the lead to 45-7. What good sports!

Meanwhile, the Pats only have two blowout wins - the Jets game that was 23-16 early in the 4th quarter and the KC game where The Law Firm and Shane Vereen ran the ball 11 straight times (one pass attempt nullified by penalty) to score the final TD.

Sportsmanship has nothing to do with the Packers offense. They want to go 19-0, they want to break records, and they want to keep Rodgers healthy. It's a balancing act, but being good sports is no part of the equation.