Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Looking Ahead to FF Redrafts: 2012 (12/19/11)

No way you can draft Welker in the first round. He has a history of concussions. I would take guys like Julio Jones, V. Cruz, Jennings, Nelson 2-3 rounds later.

It is a bit of a reach to go for Welker in the first, but I don't understand the concussion questions on Welker. He has missed a grand total of 3 games in the last 7 years.

Jones has missed that many this season. Jordy Nelson has had a breakout season, but he never had 600 yards receiving before this one. Victor Cruz is a great story, but he has all of 19 career games under his belt. He has some risk too.

Taking AP in the first is a huge gamble.

Its not even a gamble. Gamble implies there is a possibility of success. A first round pick that at best will produce like chris johnson did this year? Im not saying hes undraftable but If he gets drafted that high its obviously not a league that plays for money.

Fumbleweed - quickly looked at your redraft listing. One thing really stood out was Romo in the second before Stafford. He had a good year similar to 2007, but would anyone really draft him in the second before Stafford? I see Romo, Eli, and Rivers stats to be virtually identical and at their ceiling. Would draft Stafford before any of them and probably wouldn't touch the rest of the QB's until the 4th/5th rounds or later.

I would probably draft Matt Ryan before Romo/Eli/Rivers next year. Matt Ryan's stats have improved year by year with no regression, so we may not have seen his best yet.

This is something I like to post on site every mid-December and then update it each week for a couple of months. The first edition assumes minimal team changes for the following players (which isn't realistic) and does not include potential rookies. This is just a glimpse of what a redraft (non-PPR) might look like for 2012 based upon what is known today. It is meant to generate some discussion, so feel free to disagree and/or offer up alternative choices.

Round One:

1. LeSean McCoy

2. Ray Rice

3. Arian Foster

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Maurice Jones-Drew

6. Adrian Peterson

7. Drew Brees

8. Calvin Johnson

9. Matt Forte

10. Cam Newton

11. Ryan Mathews

12. Tom Brady

Round Two:

13. Michael Turner

14. Wes Welker

15. Frank Gore

16. Fred Jackson

17. Larry Fitzgerald

18. Chris Johnson

19. Rob Gronkowski

20. Jamaal Charles

21. Marshawn Lynch

22. Steve Smith

23. Roddy White

24. Tony Romo

Round Three:

25. Greg Jennings

26. Shonn Greene

27. Philip Rivers

28. Andre Johnson

29. Matthew Stafford

30. Hakeem Nicks

31. Jimmy Graham

32. Darren McFadden

33. Eli Manning

34. Mike Wallace

35. Steven Jackson

36. Vincent Jackson

Round Four:

37. Reggie Bush

38. A.J. Green

39. Rashard Mendenhall

40. Jordy Nelson

41. Michael Vick

42. Victor Cruz

43. Matt Ryan

44. Dez Bryant

45. DeMarco Murray

46. Antonio Gates

47. Peyton Manning

48. Roy Helu

Just missed: Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Bush, Cedric Benson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Beanie Wells, Brandon Marshall, Miles Austin, Percy Harvin.

Fumbleweed - quickly looked at your redraft listing. One thing really stood out was Romo in the second before Stafford. He had a good year similar to 2007, but would anyone really draft him in the second before Stafford? I see Romo, Eli, and Rivers stats to be virtually identical and at their ceiling. Would draft Stafford before any of them and probably wouldn't touch the rest of the QB's until the 4th/5th rounds or later.

I would probably draft Matt Ryan before Romo/Eli/Rivers next year. Matt Ryan's stats have improved year by year with no regression, so we may not have seen his best yet.

While they are all in the same tier I think Romo deserves to be at the head of that class. Ryan has only done it for one season, and really a half a season at that.

If they decide to open things up with Turner aging and run more no huddle and Juilo can stay on the field for 16 games though his ceiling absolutely can go higher.

I'm very interested in the outcome of this Atlanta NYG game. My gut says Gmen at home with a great pass rush.