Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

I'd be going to the championship BUT ...

I outscored the 4 teams in the playoffs this week. But I finished 5th, so am in the consolation playoffs. One more win and I woulda been in. Lost by 3 points week 5. Week 11, with Brees on a bye, I had to pick up a QB. Also with McFadden still hurt, my RB situation sucked. I had Brandon Jacobs and Kevin Smith in. So, looking at the FFT QB rankings, I picked up Hasselbeck over Andy Dalton off the WW (got me 4 points, got hurt) and Kevin Smith was NOT EVEN RANKED on the FFT rankings, so at the last minute I picked up Joe McKnight and put him in. Seemed like a brilliant move when Green got hurt and McKnight put up 10 points, but Kevin Smith put up 38. I lost that week by 7 points.

:wall:

I'd be going to the championship ... except I drafted poorly and mismanaged my team. :cry:

I feel your pain. Going into Sunday night in my non-keeper leagues conference finals I noticed that the ESPN site had errored (which it did also in my 2 other ESPN leagues) and matched me up with the ESPN ranked opponent and not my conference semi-finalist. In the other 2 leagues the commishes simply changed the matchups and made it right but when I e-mailed this league's commish about the error he "didn't want to hurt anybody's (his close friends) feelings and didn't correct the matchups. I lost 138 to 134 to someone I shouldn't have even played and the opponent I should have played won 98 to 92. I've since dropped out the league, but seriously?

Might I be the first to say that I would have won if:

i) the Packers had been the Packers - I started the D/ST, Jones and Finley and got relatively squat

ii) CJ Spiller had been CJ Spiller

I would have won if I hadn't been AT the Vikings game on Sunday. Then I would've been near a computer when my phone app didn't work, and I could've substituted Burleson or Wayne in for Lloyd when Bradford was confirmed out. Lloyd scored 4 points, Wayne scored 9, and Burleson 14. I lost by 3.

I would have won if Tony Gonzalez, Mike Williams (TB) and the Ravens defense didn't combine for -1 pt. I had Reggie Bush, Arian Foster, MJD and Roddy White. Of course going up against Drew Brees didnt help.

I'm gonna say this as calmly as possible, one more time, Kevin Smith put up 38 points, week 11.

He was NOT EVEN LISTED on the FFT rankings for RB that week,

Thanks Mike. Dude .... just admit .... that you totally focked that up .... and he shoulda been on the list .... and we're cool.

Week 11 ... pretty important week, I went by YOUR rankings and started McKnight ... cost me a championship.

So ... I feel like you AT LEAST should admit that not ranking Kevin Smith week 11, was a major fock up.

He was UNRANKED! NOT ON THE LIST! And he put up 38.

Oops.

Also .... too much love for Damian Williams. I told you that 3 weeks ago, you didn't listen.

Got him ranked in the top 15 again this week? Why not?

Please .... for everyone's sake ... try harder next year, in the later weeks. Kinda important time, for most of us.

I lost by 2 points the week that the idiot Saints coach faked a 30-yard field goal and failed. My kicker was Kasay. I guess he wanted to win by 6 TDs instead of 5.

I lost by 3 points the week that Gronkowski caught the TD pass that was spotted at the 1 inch line, but Belichick didn't bother to challenge.

I lost by 1 in week 14. Tom Brady took a knee with seconds to go and his rushing yards went from 10 to 8, costing me 1 point.

Still, I made the playoffs at 6-7-1 and was the high scorer of week 15, moving on to the second round.

Do you go strictly by the rankings on this website? I like to look at several different sites and average them out. I've noticed Mike's rankings/projections are sometimes way off from most of the other sites. I'm not sure where the other sites had K Smith ranked week 11, but I'd bet they weren't expecting a monster week from him either. He kind of came out of nowhere.

Do you go strictly by the rankings on this website? I like to look at several different sites and average them out. I've noticed Mike's rankings/projections are sometimes way off from most of the other sites. I'm not sure where the other sites had K Smith ranked week 11, but I'd bet they weren't expecting a monster week from him either. He kind of came out of nowhere.

GFIAFP looks to blame others for his problems all the time, regardless of issue. HTH.

I would have won last week if I had not swapped out Tolbert for Kuhn 45 minutes before kickoff. :wall:

I'm gonna say this as calmly as possible, one more time, Kevin Smith put up 38 points, week 11.

Thanks Mike. Dude .... just admit .... that you totally focked that up .... and he shoulda been on the list .... and we're cool.

Week 11 ... pretty important week, I went by YOUR rankings and started McKnight ... cost me a championship.

So ... I feel like you AT LEAST should admit that not ranking Kevin Smith week 11, was a major fock up.

Oops.

when did you pick up Kevin Smith? after week 10 with news he would be the lead back no?

when did you pick up Kevin Smith? after week 10 with news he would be the lead back no?

I don't think anyone on the planet, not even Kevin Smith himself, knew that he would be going off as the backup RB just back from year-long injury in week 11. He barely sniffed the ball in week 10. That's a pretty tall order to expect someone to predict that.

Wow, maybe if you used your own brain you would have won??? Or maybe not, that may be too much to ask. Seriously, blaming others for your mistakes is pretty low. Live and die with your decisions and you will be a better person for it and much better fantasy football player. Blame others, and you will probably continue doing that without learning from mistakes.

I lost to the guy who had Brees and McCoy, so I can't really complain, but my team certainly had the chance to pull out a win if Nicks had managed to catch the ball, Gronk had had an average day, or Baltimore didn't completely abandon the run. And I thought Wells was supposed to destroy the pitiful Cleveland run defense...

I lost 172-159 (10 point TDs, 10 point bonus at 100+ yards rushing or receiving, 10 point bonus at 300+ yards passing)

Oh well, such is life in fantasy football. Maybe next year...

I don't think anyone on the planet, not even Kevin Smith himself, knew that he would be going off as the backup RB just back from year-long injury in week 11. He barely sniffed the ball in week 10. That's a pretty tall order to expect someone to predict that.

agreed! that was my point..fat a$$ picked up smith with the hopes he would run with the job but (many "experts" recomended him as a flier) but who could have seen that coming? If GFAP was 1/2 as smart as he claims he would have seen this coming!!

damn it if I had just jammed all in with my 2-7 offsuit against that pair of aces preflop. That 2-2-7 flop would have allowed me to take the whole thing down!!!

moron

If Celek would have scored that TD week 15 instead of going down at the 1 inch line and letting McCoy run it it that's be a 10 pt swing in my favor. O well gotta settle for 3rd or 4th now and go for the glory next year.

Oops.

please tell me this is a joke. please. not the part about smith, etc, the part about your taking fftoday to task for your bad move. cmon - say it's a joke and move on. otherwise this might be the lamest thing i've ever read

please tell me this is a joke. please. not the part about smith, etc, the part about your taking fftoday to task for your bad move. cmon - say it's a joke and move on. otherwise this might be the lamest thing i've ever read

its not a joke. wait till about 2 AM tomorrow, and you'll see him post like 4 things in a row. Not all in the same post. He'll literally start talking to himself. At first I pegged him as a supertroll, but later realized him to be a mentally unstable 40 something year old obsessed not with FF, but with FFtoday, specifically this board. It's bizarre, yet you can't look away...

its not a joke. wait till about 2 AM tomorrow, and you'll see him post like 4 things in a row. Not all in the same post. He'll literally start talking to himself. At first I pegged him as a supertroll, but later realized him to be a mentally unstable 40 something year old obsessed not with FF, but with FFtoday, specifically this board. It's bizarre, yet you can't look away...

train wreck x10

I outscored the 4 teams in the playoffs this week. But I finished 5th, so am in the consolation playoffs. One more win and I woulda been in. Lost by 3 points week 5. Week 11, with Brees on a bye, I had to pick up a QB. Also with McFadden still hurt, my RB situation sucked. I had Brandon Jacobs and Kevin Smith in. So, looking at the FFT QB rankings, I picked up Hasselbeck over Andy Dalton off the WW (got me 4 points, got hurt) and Kevin Smith was NOT EVEN RANKED on the FFT rankings, so at the last minute I picked up Joe McKnight and put him in. Seemed like a brilliant move when Green got hurt and McKnight put up 10 points, but Kevin Smith put up 38. I lost that week by 7 points.

:wall:

link