Sign in to follow this  
ScottiePP7

Keeper Discussions

Who is everyone thinking about keeping?

I am sitting on Chris Johnson and trying to decide if he is worthy of a keeper spot as keeping him last year helped destroy my season.

Will Murray be keeper worthy after his injury?

Any upstart wide outs?

What are your guys thoughts?

We don't even think about declaring keepers until after the NFL draft in April. The answer to your question is contingent upon several things ie. How many keepers are you allowed? What is the salary situation if you are auction? etc...

I'm in a 2 keeper league and the round the player was drafted in when they first became a keeper is the round I'll forfeit in next year's draft.

I have to choose 2 and have it narrowed down to 3:

Michael Vick (round 20)

Matthew Stafford (round 8)

Jamaal Charles (round 10).

:dunno:

We only start 1 QB but I'm still learning toward keeping the two QBs with the ACL recovery for Jamaal Charles - who knows how he'll play next year and beyond.

In another league it's a 1 keeper and you forfeit a first round pick, but you don't have to keep anyone. Adrian Peterson is my only option, but he might be worth keeping still based on the lack of available top players and how hard it is to get a top Running Back.

I am sitting on Chris Johnson and trying to decide if he is worthy of a keeper spot as keeping him last year helped destroy my season.

Any upstart wide outs?

I started a thread on this subject too, so I think it is a good one.

CJ2 has to be kept; he should rebound.

Murray isn't as obvious to me, especially if Felix explodes this week and in playoffs, but as of now, I would.

Upstart WR - AG Green and Julio for sure (not really upstarts); Cruuuuuuuuuuz and Jordy Nelson also for sure.

I started a thread on this subject too, so I think it is a good one.

CJ2 has to be kept; he should rebound.

Murray isn't as obvious to me, especially if Felix explodes this week and in playoffs, but as of now, I would.

Upstart WR - AG Green and Julio for sure (not really upstarts); Cruuuuuuuuuuz and Jordy Nelson also for sure.

There are debates as to whether CJ2 is going to be in TEN next season. They have until the 5th day of the new league year (March 1st?) to either cut him or his $8M salary for 2012 becomes guaranteed. I would guess that they would pay that money, but you never know.

Sorry, I wanted to keep the discussion more in general than specific to my situation. At first at least...

My league in question is a 2 person keeper (must keep 2, no more no less)

I am definitely keeping Megatron and then I am down to CJ2k, Murray, Cruz and Stephen Jackson (I also have Mendenhall but I can't put myself through another season of that guy) for the second spot.

I’m leaning towards one of CJ2k or Murray and hoping to draft Cruz early but the league has 3 big Giants fans in it so I am somewhat worried about that. Manningham might not be on the team next year and in that case Cruz could be even more valuable.

This late season run CJ2k went on is really throwing a wrench in my decision making.

It seems way to early to be declaring keepers IMO. that said you cant change the set up now. I say keep CJ and draft as if he's going to be average again next year. of the bunch his upside is the highest and I see him as the first to be chosen of the bunch in most drafts for 2012..

In my main league we forfit two rounds above where the player was selected. (so a player picked in the 12th rnd would forfit a 10th pick to keep, ect) also any waiver wire player counts as a 4th round forfit

this seems to be working pretty well for us so far (only our 3rd year with keepers)

Any upstart wide outs?

Push for a rule change... what a horrible format.

Well with keeper leagues you kind of have to be specific when talking about it. There are many variations so in general. Really you can say the top 10 producers this year should all be keepers if there is no penalty in forfieting that round.

In my league its 2 keepers. 1 from any spot and the other from the tenth rnd and on.

Mjd second rnd

Stafford 12th rnd

Cruz 16th rnd

Graham 18th rnd

I will probably keep cruz and graham and draft a rb/qb in first 2 rnds. One thing i have to think about though is a top 5 rb in the second rnd, ESPECIALLY as insanely vonsistant as mjd has been, is an extremely great value.

Early keepers is just different. I like it as it takes even more forward thinking. I like CJ2 as your keeper. He has to be better than this year and his ceiling is awesome.

Well with keeper leagues you kind of have to be specific when talking about it. There are many variations so in general. Really you can say the top 10 producers this year should all be keepers if there is no penalty in forfieting that round.

In my league its 2 keepers. 1 from any spot and the other from the tenth rnd and on.

Mjd second rnd

Stafford 12th rnd

Cruz 16th rnd

Graham 18th rnd

I will probably keep cruz and graham and draft a rb/qb in first 2 rnds. One thing i have to think about though is a top 5 rb in the second rnd, ESPECIALLY as insanely vonsistant as mjd has been, is an extremely great value.

I'd keep Stafford and Graham. If healthy top 5 production for Staff and top 3 for Graham seem like locks.

I just won a :first: on these backs of these two in a deep 14 team league, even though I lost McFadden, Forte and Starks.

Rbs and wrs can be found but top production at the qb and te position is rare.

I'd keep Stafford and Graham. If healthy top 5 production for Staff and top 3 for Graham seem like locks.

I just won a :first: on these backs of these two in a deep 14 team league, even though I lost McFadden, Forte and Starks.

Rbs and wrs can be found but top production at the qb and te position is rare.

I figure if i keep cruz and graham i can draft rodgers, brees, brady, or stafford in second rnd. Its 4 pts per td for qb. I will prob draft a top 10 rb in the first rnd, draft a top 5 qb second rnd, then also have 2 very productive wrs already on my team. I won that league so i will prob get last pick. Our draft order is random but weighted in favor of worst team getting first pick and best team getting last.

Still not sure what i will do though. 41 td and over 5000 yards is hard to pass up.