Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

UFC 141

GO!

Reminder that UFC 141 is tomorrow, Friday the 30th. They also went back to 10pm instead of 9pm EST.

Can't wait for the Cerrone/Diaz fight. Loved it when they made the fight. These guys both scrap and have interesting skillsets.

It's not exactly the biggest named co-main event, but it will deliver. Cerrone could be fighting for the title rather soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCbbxkruza4

They aren't too fond of eachother as you can see. Weigh ins are at 7pm tonight.

As for the main event, I have money on Brock. Could go either way, but Lesnar was a bigger underdog when I bet him. Overeem will need to KO him before Lesnar gets him down. If he stuffs a takedown I will be impressed.

Can't wait for the Cerrone/Diaz fight. Loved it when they made the fight. These guys both scrap and have interesting skillsets.

It's not exactly the biggest named co-main event, but it will deliver. Cerrone could be fighting for the title rather soon.

Is that Nick's brother?

Brock is annoying. I hope he gets his ass kicked....and I think he will. :headbanger:

SPOILER ALERT

OVER...RATED.....<clap, clap, clap, clap, clap>.......OVER...RATED.....<clap, clap, clap, clap, clap> :headbanger:

What a dickhead. :bench:

Junior was going to beat either one but I am glad its overeem as we will have a stand up fight. Only way Overeem beats Junior is if its in round 1 -- Overeem has no cardio at all and no ground game.

Lesnar could of won this fight but didn't try hard enough to get him down -- getting KO's by a stomach kick? Guess its all those surgies???

Junior was going to beat either one but I am glad its overeem as we will have a stand up fight. Only way Overeem beats Junior is if its in round 1 -- Overeem has no cardio at all and no ground game.

Lesnar could of won this fight but didn't try hard enough to get him down -- getting KO's by a stomach kick? Guess its all those surgies???

Lesnar looked out of shape which I guess can be expected after a 14 month layoff and major surgery. Also, prolly had something to do with Overreem being roided up. He won't be able to pull that drug test bs next fight.

Glad Lesnar is retiring. He's been exposed as too one dimensional and won't ever get to the point where he can compete with the top guys...especially at his age. I'm no Lesnar fan but winning the college title and UFC heavyweight title is an impressive career.

word is lesnar has a pro wrestling career starting in 6 months. he did this fight for one last pay check and didnt give a rats about it.

he prolly threw the fight for more $$$.

Lesnar looked out of shape which I guess can be expected after a 14 month layoff and major surgery. Also, prolly had something to do with Overreem being roided up. He won't be able to pull that drug test bs next fight.

Glad Lesnar is retiring. He's been exposed as too one dimensional and won't ever get to the point where he can compete with the top guys...especially at his age. I'm no Lesnar fan but winning the college title and UFC heavyweight title is an impressive career.

What is funny is that chose to not even use this dimension. He tried one weak takedown and that was it. His only shot was to get him on the ground, he had to know that, yet he chose to stand there like a moron.

word is lesnar has a pro wrestling career starting in 6 months. he did this fight for one last pay check and didnt give a rats about it.

he prolly threw the fight for more $$$.

Thats how I felt after.

I put money on Brock. I thought he was ready to go and pumped. He didn't even try. He threw more leg kicks than takedown attempts. If I knew that was the plan, I wouldn't of bet on him. I would have actually bet on Overeem.

He didn't even try to close the distance and take him down. Which was his only shot at winning.

That fight sucked. At least Nate Diaz beat that ass.

At least Nate Diaz beat that ass.

question. Cerrone was clearly losing the standup, when he got diaz down with the leg swoops would he have gotten more points if he covered?

it seamed like his only strategy was to get a k.o. with a leg kick to the head.

both fights were very confusing to me. perhaps the ufc is being rooned just like boxing was.

question. Cerrone was clearly losing the standup, when he got diaz down with the leg swoops would he have gotten more points if he covered?

it seamed like his only strategy was to get a k.o. with a leg kick to the head.

both fights were very confusing to me. perhaps the ufc is being rooned just like boxing was.

He would have scored some more points with the judges just for top control. That iis the gay thing with MMA. Top control, even if you do nothing, is looked at as points for some reason.

He didn't follow him to the ground because, they both have big egos and a lot of ###### was talked. Cerrone is a stand up fighter. And a lot of pressure was on both to deliver a great fight. Cerrone probably didn't want to look like he is taking the bitc move. Also, Diaz has a great guard and very offensive BJJ. Cerrone could have been sub'd or Nate most likely would have gotten him off him quite quick. Cerrone was also a little too winded to do much from top, so he probably figured he'd conserve his energy.

I think it was a pride thing more than anything. They both pride themselves after being exciting fighters who like to "fight". Doesn't hurt that they both got 75,000 bonus for fight of the night.

He would have scored some more points with the judges just for top control. That iis the gay thing with MMA. Top control, even if you do nothing, is looked at as points for some reason.

He didn't follow him to the ground because, they both have big egos and a lot of ###### was talked. Cerrone is a stand up fighter. And a lot of pressure was on both to deliver a great fight. Cerrone probably didn't want to look like he is taking the bitc move. Also, Diaz has a great guard and very offensive BJJ. Cerrone could have been sub'd or Nate most likely would have gotten him off him quite quick. Cerrone was also a little too winded to do much from top, so he probably figured he'd conserve his energy.

I think it was a pride thing more than anything. They both pride themselves after being exciting fighters who like to "fight". Doesn't hurt that they both got 75,000 bonus for fight of the night.

first impression was the diaz got his goat with the hat and middle finger things. turns out they were just looking for more $$$.

ufc is rooned. :thumbsdown: we wanna see a fight not a show.

:rolleyes:

And Lesnar has never touched 'em ever!

Not 'roids Horse meat

Overeem was tested extensively before the fight

Overeem was tested extensively before the fight

Not that I think one way or the other on this subject.

But this isn't exactly true.

He was scheduled to take a random test...same one that Brock took (on time). And he didn't end up getting it in until a month later. Sort of takes the "random" out of random drug testing.

He almost didn't even get licensed to fight.

agree with most but the one time Ceronne rocked him and just let him get up instead of rushing him was stupid.

Glad to see the big roid head Lesnar go back to the fake sport, so they can script-write some victories for him. Although I'll certainly miss watching him get his head pounded in.

also thought the Hendricks - Fitch fight was stopped too quick. Fitch was knocked hard but the second shot missed and Fitch was getting up.

also thought the Hendricks - Fitch fight was stopped too quick. Fitch was knocked hard but the second shot missed and Fitch was getting up.

agreed. had fun partying with some of hendricks camp, friend of friend carried the banner. he was good at crib, bad at poker.

I'll give Brock credit to go threw what he did twice and attempt a come back says alot to me. He just did not seem the same once he got sick.

Hendricks and Fitch at first I thought it was stopped to soon but I have to agree with the announcers. If the fight had not been stopped pretty good chance that Fitch would have gotten messed up. The ref did the right thing protecting Fitch.

Overall I don't think the card was all that bad.

He was out on the way down. Anytime a guy goes out it should be stopped. He was wrestling the ref afterwards, show how out of it he was. Hendricks was right over him and Fitch would have just been defenseless to 3 or 4 more big bombs to the head.

Fitch wasn't getting up. He started to wrestle the ref as Hendricks walked away.

He was wrestling the ref

to be fair, he was looking dominant then.

to be fair, he was looking dominant then.

ref got to display his nice butterfly guard.

I'll give Brock credit to go threw what he did twice and attempt a come back says alot to me. He just did not seem the same once he got sick.

Hendricks and Fitch at first I thought it was stopped to soon but I have to agree with the announcers. If the fight had not been stopped pretty good chance that Fitch would have gotten messed up. The ref did the right thing protecting Fitch.

Overall I don't think the card was all that bad.

agree once Brock got sick the first time he was never the same. He looked dominant in both fights against Mir even the one he lost ( he was just dumb that fight ) . After his illness wasn't the same even in his comeback win against Carwin - Carwin killed him the first round and Brock just stood there. Then Cain pounded him.

Had Lesnar went right to UFC instead of WWE after college I think he would of been a really good MMA heavyweight -as of now he is a guy that won a few fights but maybe more of a gimmick than anything.

agree once Brock got sick the first time he was never the same. He looked dominant in both fights against Mir even the one he lost ( he was just dumb that fight ) . After his illness wasn't the same even in his comeback win against Carwin - Carwin killed him the first round and Brock just stood there. Then Cain pounded him.

Had Lesnar went right to UFC instead of WWE after college I think he would of been a really good MMA heavyweight -as of now he is a guy that won a few fights but maybe more of a gimmick than anything.

I think what happened is he ran into better fighters. Mir is good, but he isn't exactly Cain or Overeem. Couture is great but at age 45 and 60 lbs lighter he really didn't have too much of a chance.

Brock is an elite wrestler with a rare blend of size and athleticism. I look at it like, he went in a beat up guys he could physically dominate. And he was beaten up when he ran into legit guys that could match or not wilt to his explosiveness.

I think what happened is he ran into better fighters. Mir is good, but he isn't exactly Cain or Overeem. Couture is great but at age 45 and 60 lbs lighter he really didn't have too much of a chance.

Brock is an elite wrestler with a rare blend of size and athleticism. I look at it like, he went in a beat up guys he could physically dominate. And he was beaten up when he ran into legit guys that could match or not wilt to his explosiveness.

Agreed.

ETA I think Mir whoops Overreem's ass if and when...

Agreed.

ETA I think Mir whoops Overreem's ass if and when...

How so?

I am no Overeem fan. I'm more along the lines of a hater really.

But where does Mir win? He really doesn't have enough wrestling to think he can get a takedown. And there is no way he out strikes Reem. I mean, Mir has shown some improved standup, but Nog was kicking his ass a few weeks ago. Mir didn't move his head at all.

I think Reem takes Mir's head off if that fight should happen. At least he'd have a better gameplan than Brock. I just don't exactly know what that would be.

That said, Brock didn't even test his take down defense. He had 1 really crappy attempt. So Overeem's wrestling still isn't proven in my eyes. Cain would get a take down against him I believe. But Mir won't be able too. It'd have to be nicely set up or he'd have to pull guard.

How so?

I am no Overeem fan. I'm more along the lines of a hater really.

But where does Mir win? He really doesn't have enough wrestling to think he can get a takedown. And there is no way he out strikes Reem. I mean, Mir has shown some improved standup, but Nog was kicking his ass a few weeks ago. Mir didn't move his head at all.

I think Reem takes Mir's head off if that fight should happen. At least he'd have a better gameplan than Brock. I just don't exactly know what that would be.

That said, Brock didn't even test his take down defense. He had 1 really crappy attempt. So Overeem's wrestling still isn't proven in my eyes. Cain would get a take down against him I believe. But Mir won't be able too. It'd have to be nicely set up or he'd have to pull guard.

Overreem has 11 losses and people dismiss that too easily.

His last 11 wins don't really mean shiot.

Mir is a very smart fighter and would turn the fight into his type of match.

Of course, jmo.

Overreem has 11 losses and people dismiss that too easily.

His last 11 wins don't really mean shiot.

Mir is a very smart fighter and would turn the fight into his type of match.

Of course, jmo.

I agree with the wins at HW don't mean much. But at the same time most all of his losses are at 205 lbs.

I just don't know where Mir will feel comfortable to win the fight. Other than on the ground. And I don't see him getting it there unless he can tire Overeem out. I think he defiantly gets KO'd if he tries to stand with Overeem for a while.

I agree with the wins at HW don't mean much. But at the same time most all of his losses are at 205 lbs.

I just don't know where Mir will feel comfortable to win the fight. Other than on the ground. And I don't see him getting it there unless he can tire Overeem out. I think he defiantly gets KO'd if he tries to stand with Overeem for a while.

Well, no shiot.