Sign in to follow this  
IAMWood

Idea for new draft for new teams

Okay, so it looks like we are getting 3 new teams. I like the idea of having those 3 new member teams doing a draft for the players, that is a no brainer in my eyes. We have some shat teams that might want to be part of this draft.

My idea is that any of our teams that wants to participate, drop 10 players instead of the normal 5, getting their rosters to 20.

The new teams get to draft the first 20 picks with themselves, and then rounds 21-25 by all the teams that went to 20 players. Only teams that chose to go to 20 will participate. No rookies obviously. We then have our normal 5 round rookie draft with all the teams after that at some point. Just an idea. I am not sure I would participate in this, as I doubt I would improve my team going down to 20 players.

:music_guitarred:

it sure would give a couple of us renewed hope for the years to come.

My first instinct is to dislike it. I feel like 3/4 of the league or more would take part.

Is that a problem? Seriously, what's wrong with that?

There has to be some downside. We'd need to be forced to drop more players than 10 as that's no problem for most teams.

And the math doesn't work. The new teams get like 6 rounds, then we take part in the next 24 rounds even though we only dropped 10 players? I am sure there is a simple solution but I'm drunk.

If you guys want a lame partial reset, just let the owners that want to opt in release their entire teams. Then have a straight up redraft of only players that were previosuly rostered. .

There has to be some downside. We'd need to be forced to drop more players than 10 as that's no problem for most teams.

And the math doesn't work. The new teams get like 6 rounds, then we take part in the next 24 rounds even though we only dropped 10 players? I am sure there is a simple solution but I'm drunk.

If you guys want a lame partial reset, just let the owners that want to opt in release their entire teams. Then have a straight up redraft of only players that were previosuly rostered. .

That's a good idea. If you guys with crap teams want to throw your teams back in the pot, go for it. The influx of suck might detour perspective new owners though.

I just want to have a fun league with dedicated owners. I don't even care if we do a full redraft. I just want it to be a core of good dudes who are active and play fair.

It's a pretty bad sign, when the guy with one of the best teams in the league quits... Just sayin.

That's a good idea. If you guys with crap teams want to throw your teams back in the pot, go for it. The influx of suck might detour perspective new owners though.

I just want to have a fun league with dedicated owners. I don't even care if we do a full redraft. I just want it to be a core of good dudes who are active and play fair.

It's a pretty bad sign, when the guy with one of the best teams in the league quits... Just sayin.

Id quit if if had to give up my mediocre roster for a full redraft. Despite my crappy results, I've put way too much effort into building a team I love.

But if teams really want into the partial reset, make them give up their whole roster and start from scratch. And you have to declare blindly. As in you don't get to know what other teams are resetting so you don't know why players will be available. So it may end up just being you and Ed, which basically means the 2 of you are splitting your ex players in half.

But just giving up 10 crap players to get into a draft where the worst case scenario is I could draft back most of those 10, yet I may get lucky and grab a stud or 2? That's beyond ridiculous.

But again, I'm drunk.

Yeah... no focking way I vote for anyone other than the new owners to be able to redraft ANYTHING. This is a Dynasty league. I've worked my ass off to try to get the best team I can. Weather they suck or not, they're mine. The other teams need to live with their decisions they've made over the last few years of our league.

No focking do-overs. WTF? It's all about riding out you sh!t team and making it better in the future. I'm sure the focking Vikings would love a focking do-over of their last several years, but that's the focking breaks.

Fock that... nobody gets to do the pool and draft unless they're new and coming in. That gives them some ownership in their team.

This shouldn't be an excuse for some current owners to try to fix their fockups.

The idea of getting to replace your 26-30 ranked guys (really its just 26-30 because there is still a rookie draft) with the 3 new owners teams previous 7th-12th best players is laughable. Because that's essentially what would be happening in the OPs scenario.

It's all just speculation at this point anyways.

Nobody should be kicked out. Let's get a head count and go from there. If SUX wants to take ~stick2's team then that's gravy.

Everyone is going to be MIA for the next 7 months...

I know it sounds odd but even as an owner of one of the shittiest rosters in this league I wouldn't want to do a redraft. If there was one, I would be stupid not to take advantage of it, but I really would rather have to improve my team incrementially over the next couple of years over getting a reset button.

I dont mind the idea of the newbies redrafting the rosters of the teams they are taking over.

I know it sounds odd but even as an owner of one of the shittiest rosters in this league I wouldn't want to do a redraft. If there was one, I would be stupid not to take advantage of it, but I really would rather have to improve my team incrementially over the next couple of years over getting a reset button.

I dont mind the idea of the newbies redrafting the rosters of the teams they are taking over.

I do not want a full redraft, I'd like to eventually make a rebound with sh1t luck and perserverance.

People should be kicked out if they deserve to be. No reason to fumble along with sh!t owners. I joined Moz's league last year and he continually says how nice it is to have good owners after getting rid of the bad ones. Maybe kutulu can back me up on this point as he was in the league before me with, I assume, some of the bad owners. I asked the owners I say should be gone to stand up for themselves and they haven't, if they can't stand up for themselves and why they want to play in this league, then why should we keep them.

The reason I started this thread, is that why should new people to the league get all the spoils, I am talking about rounds 21-25 of the new draft, it will be slim pickings from there. It will be a fight for some scraps. Might not even be worth it. I don't know. A good compromise is where I started. I seriously doubt I would participate in it personally.

People should be kicked out if they deserve to be. No reason to fumble along with sh!t owners. I joined Moz's league last year and he continually says how nice it is to have good owners after getting rid of the bad ones. Maybe kutulu can back me up on this point as he was in the league before me with, I assume, some of the bad owners. I asked the owners I say should be gone to stand up for themselves and they haven't, if they can't stand up for themselves and why they want to play in this league, then why should we keep them.

The reason I started this thread, is that why should new people to the league get all the spoils, I am talking about rounds 21-25 of the new draft, it will be slim pickings from there. It will be a fight for some scraps. Might not even be worth it. I don't know. A good compromise is where I started. I seriously doubt I would participate in it personally.

I agree with kicking people out that suck. Otherwise we are looking at the exact same drama next year and every year. Then eventually good owners quit, kind of like what just happened. No idea why Yostevo is quitting, but I'm sure the drama didn't help.

I totally misunderstood the rounds 21-25 part. I thought the OP said those 3 teams would get to choose the first 20 players or so overall, as oppose to their first 20 players. That makes it something I'm more indifferent to.

Well then let's kick off this official PM edjr a vote to kick people out thing and get on with it.

We can go around in circles about all of this stuff, but we'll never get anywhere. Let's see how many vacancies we have and then figure out how to handle the new teams.

We need to:

1: vote to kick people out and get a head count on who is quitting

2: work with remaining teams to shore up constitution and vote on any rule additions or modifications

3. formulate a plan on how the new teams will get their teams.

4: go to the geek forearm and spam out the openings for the new and improved league with nifty rules.

5: vote as a collective on who the new teams will be

:cheers:

Well then let's kick off this official PM edjr a vote to kick people out thing and get on with it.

We can go around in circles about all of this stuff, but we'll never get anywhere. Let's see how many vacancies we have and then figure out how to handle the new teams.

We need to:

2: work with remaining teams to shore up constitution and vote on any rule additions or modifications

4: go to the geek forearm and spam out the openings for the new and improved league with nifty rules.

:thumbsup:

I've got trade offers to make. Let's get things moving.

We need to:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I've got trade offers to make. Let's get things moving.

Ed is in charge ladies. Someone get him. I will PM him.

:music_guitarred: