Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

Green Bay and New England: An easy road to the Super Bowl...

The two worst defeneses in the league are locks for the SuperBowl. I guess defense doesn't win Championships anymore.

The two worst defeneses in the league are locks for the SuperBowl. I guess defense doesn't win Championships anymore.

Defense hardly ever DID win Championships by itself. If you look over the course of Super Bowl history, you'll find that in most(not all) cases that the offense of the winning Super Bowl team was very competent if not downright scary. Maybe some of the 60's and 70's teams had more vanilla offenses but thats about it. All those 49ers teams,Steelers teams, Cowboys teams, Favres Packers, the Redskins Hogs, Broncos with Elway, etc, etc.

I realize that the '85 Bears and 2000 Ravens were stoopidly awesome on defense and they did win the games for their team. But other than those and maybe a few select others, Id argue that defense wins titles. The facts dont support that statement. Hardcore football fans that hate offense like to say this but its BS.

Defense hardly ever DID win Championships by itself. If you look over the course of Super Bowl history, you'll find that in most(not all) cases that the offense of the winning Super Bowl team was very competent if not downright scary. Maybe some of the 60's and 70's teams had more vanilla offenses but thats about it. All those 49ers teams,Steelers teams, Cowboys teams, Favres Packers, the Redskins Hogs, Broncos with Elway, etc, etc.

I realize that the '85 Bears and 2000 Ravens were stoopidly awesome on defense and they did win the games for their team. But other than those and maybe a few select others, Id argue that defense wins titles. The facts dont support that statement. Hardcore football fans that hate offense like to say this but its BS.

:thumbsup:

The statement was tongue in cheek.

still doesn't explain his angst and insecurity.

You still confuse mocking and having fun with angst and insecurity.

Like you do with the Lions.

:thumbsup:

The statement was tongue in cheek.

I was wondering..... :lol:

:cheers:

I didn't read the whole thread but I think Baltimore has a good chance to upset NE and I actually think on a neutral field the Saints would beat the Packers more than 50% of the time. While it may look like a lock that GB and NE are going to play each other I'd bet against it.

The two top seeds have never been so vulnerable - both defenses are average and very beatable.

The two top seeds have never been so vulnerable - both defenses are average and very beatable.

"Both defenses are average and very beatable?"

I don't know what one out of the last 22 is percentage-wise but I don't put that under the category of "very beatable"

"Never been so vulnerable?"

How about if we go way, way, way back in history to say... last year?

When the #1 seed Falcons got trounced by the Packers at home were they more vulnerable than the Packers are this year? :doh:

How is a 15-1 team one of the most vulnerable #1 seeds of all time? A 15-1 team that has recently beaten 5 of the 6 other playoff teams they are so vulnerable to already this year (one of them twice)... half of those on the road where they won't be for the playoffs..

Yes, the Packers could lose as any team can... but what makes them so very vulnerable?

The last time they played the Saints, they never stopped scoring just amassing crazy points and yardage

Same as the last two times they played the Giants

Same for the last two times they played ATL (both on the road)

Same for the last two times they played DET

Give me a reason why this will be different in the next couple of weeks... The Packers being healed up, well-rested, and at home.

I realize everybody predicts the Packers will lose so they can bump this in the end (and it will sink like a stone when they win)... but give me some logic, facts, etc. as why the no. 1 seed this year "has never been so vulnerable"...

TIA! :cheers: