Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

Fitz to dine with Peyton Manning in Indy

Isn't this consider tampering? Doesn't Larry need permission from the Colts to do this??

"Larry Fitzgerald will dine with Peyton Manning this week in Indianapolis.

Tom James of the Terre Haute Tribune-Star reports that Fitzgerald and Manning are friends, but Fitz hopes Manning will "consider the Cardinals" after he's released by the Colts. It's particularly notable because Fitzgerald was Kevin Kolb's biggest supporter all last offseason. ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported that Arizona will be in the hunt for Manning this spring. "

So it's not okay for a GM of the cardinals to speak with Manning but the GM can sent his star player to do it?

Yes, because Fitz isn't authorized to make any sort of offer to Manning (who is still under contract in any event) and Manning is smart enough to know that any deal is going to be made with lawyers in the room. Players have dinner with one another sometimes--nothing nefarious about that.

All that said, if Manning plays next year, my money is on Arizona. This is a good "our WR is a nice guy and super talented" move.

What's the difference from them going to Las Vegas to gamble or a cruise with the families together? I'm sure there are several instances where players from different teams hang out together during the offseason. I also bet they say how cool it would be if they were on the same team together as well. :dunno:

I see no harm in a friendly dinner together

Maybe they are both closet gays? They'll split a couple bottles of wine and then Peyton will invite Larry to his secret downtown apartment for some hot coffee. Larry's woman was pretty mannish. It makes sense.

And seriously, I respect how great Manning is, there will never be another QB like him and all that happy horsesh!t. But if Peyton dresses up for any NFC West team not wearing blue I hope the first shot he takes in 2012 is to his neck. :thumbsup:

Maybe they are both closet gays? They'll split a couple bottles of wine and then Peyton will invite Larry to his secret downtown apartment for some hot coffee. Larry's woman was pretty mannish. It makes sense.

And seriously, I respect how great Manning is, there will never be another QB like him and all that happy horsesh!t. But if Peyton dresses up for any NFC West team not wearing blue I hope the first shot he takes in 2012 is to his neck. :thumbsup:

Grow up a$$hole

So now we complain about two friends breaking bread? :thumbsdown:

yep worst thread ever

So it's not okay for a GM of the cardinals to speak with Manning but the GM can sent his star player to do it?

Sure.

It's just like how candidates can't "coordinate" with SuperPACs that support them, but *can* speak to those SuperPACs as private citizens through the media.

Think its clears Fitz gizzed himself when he found out Peyton is a go and won't be in Indy next year -- Peyton to Fitz makes Fitz the #1 FF wr next season as Peyton is know to have radar lock on certain guys. Cards have a decent defense as well but will need to add a TE. Hell This would make IMO Arizona the Favorite over Frisco in the west. I still think if Harbaugh had a brain he would grab him first as with that D and adding Peyton Frisco is almost unbeatable but Harbaugh is stubborn and would refuse to let Peyton run the O. While Whiz would be more than happy to let Peyton resume his role as Player/OC.

It's clear Irsay is done with Peyton an vice versa.

Still think the Jets have an chance but don't know if they can afford him - he would be EXACTLY WHAT THEY NEED - not just a great QB ( maybe the best ever ) but a true LEADER and calming force in the locker room'

Dallas still likes Romo but Jonses mid changes like the wind and he knows Peyton bring him back to the playoffs. He will throw money at him I just don't see him playing in Dallas only becasue I doubt he wants to play Eli twice twice a year.

Link?