Sign in to follow this  
typhus

Tamme vs Dreesen

Now that both have been added to Mannings' arsenal in Denver,,, which of these two do you like to emerge as his Dallas Clark?

Definitely Tamme. He and Peyton have been working on their timing for years already. I can see Dressen being used more as a blocker.

Wasn't there some rookie there last year that was supposed to be beastly? Julian Thomas or something. I guess he'll be on the bench since they went out of their way to sign two tightends.

I like Dreessen's upside more. Dreessen had 6 TDs last year. Tamme's tops was 4 in 2010.

Tamme is probably a better PPR bet though.

Wasn't there some rookie there last year that was supposed to be beastly? Julian Thomas or something. I guess he'll be on the bench since they went out of their way to sign two tightends.

Nope, no te by that namethere.....just be quiet, so I can draft him in the last round with no risk.

Denver homer here - and yes "Julius Thomas is a beast" - he got hurt in the 3rd game last year - he is actually the one who has been working with manning exclusively!

This kid could be this years jimmy graham!

This kid could be this years jimmy graham!

Absurd.

You don't sign not one, but two TEs (one of which is an old teammate of your new QB) if you think you have Jimmy Graham on hand.

I would have to guess tamme for the time being. Having owned owen "i will never live up to the hype" daniels, arian foster, and andre johnson all on the same team, i watched a fair amount of their games. As dreesen turned out to be the better option, he still wasnt really start worthy in a reliable manner.

I think dreesen benefited from being viewed as primarily a blocking te. He has solid hands but he is not very fast at all.

Though i did not see tamme play much before the peyton injury, i do know that he was emerging as the heir to clark and put up some very solid stat lines while him and peyton were at full strength.

Julius Thomas is really the only guy who interests me. Tamme is being overdrafted, and Dreesen is a replacement level player.

Cant say I really followed Portland State football, so I have no idea what Julius Thomas" role will be.

For some reason I seem to think that he was more of a blocking type of TE,,, but could / probably wrong?

Any Portland state homers out there.....:D

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I got Thomas on a dynasty team...I'm willing to give him a little time especially after last year being a lock out year with very little practice time prior to the start of the season. From wiki:

Thomas was a First-team All-Big Sky Conference selection in 2010. He ended the season with 29 receptions for 453 yards and two touchdowns. Thomas had not played collegiate football prior to 2010. He played four seasons for the Portland State basketball team.

I place him in the unknown category...wouldn't call him a bust...yet anyway.

I got Thomas on a dynasty team...I'm willing to give him a little time especially after last year being a lock out year with very little practice time prior to the start of the season. From wiki:

Thomas was a First-team All-Big Sky Conference selection in 2010. He ended the season with 29 receptions for 453 yards and two touchdowns. Thomas had not played collegiate football prior to 2010. He played four seasons for the Portland State basketball team.

I place him in the unknown category...wouldn't call him a bust...yet anyway.

Guess I jinxed him...report today he just had ankle surgery...torn ligaments.

Julius Thomas is really the only guy who interests me.

So a guy who has one year of college ball, needs surgery today to fix his ankle, finished last year with one catch, and whose team just signed two other, more experienced TEs is the only one that warrants interest...?

...on a team that now has one of the greatest QBs ever(who loves his Tight Ends) throwing the ball?

Where that QB is older and will be looking to win...like, NOW, with experienced personel... esp. a TE who was on his last team?