Sign in to follow this  
rwren

Deep deep sleeper- I mean Deep!

If miles austin can stay healthy he will be a steal this year. He showed glimpses of what he is capable of until his hammy had him at far less than 100% for most of the year. Romo is still going to be throwing the ball all over the field so someone has to be the recipient.

What are the chances that Miles Austin is fully healthy next year? I am not really too familiar with his injury history. He missed six games last year, played and started all 16 games in 2010, and played in 16 but only started 10 games in 2009.

But IIRC, he sort of came on in the middle of 2009, right, so is the reason he didn't start because somebody was ahead of him rather than injury?

And prior to 2009, he played only sporadically. Again, was that due to injury issues or just that he hadn't broken through yet?

He was kind of in victor cruz's situation. I dont remember if he was undrafted but he just didnt get his oportunity until '09. Both teams of mine he has been on i have won the championship so i am a bit biased. The proof is there though. When 100% healthy the guy produces.

He was kind of in victor cruz's situation. I dont remember if he was undrafted but he just didnt get his oportunity until '09. Both teams of mine he has been on i have won the championship so i am a bit biased. The proof is there though. When 100% healthy the guy produces.

So basically, the only season where Austin battled significant injury problems was last season, right? So he shouldn't be too much of an injury risk this year?

So basically, the only season where Austin battled significant injury problems was last season, right? So he shouldn't be too much of an injury risk this year?

I think he had some hammy issues the year before also. He has dealt with a few injuries the past 2 years. They arent major injuries though so i see an early 5th rnd pick on him a good value.

They arent major injuries though so i see an early 5th rnd pick on him a good value.

I agree he hasn't any major ACL type injuries. His hammys have cost him a lot of games in the past two years though. Some guy at GNC says the Boys got a new strength & conditioning coach who will solve all those kind of injury problems. (for whatever the pumped up vitamin salesman's opinion is worth)

Austin doesn't last to the 5th in anything but a small league I'd imagine. He's more a late 3rd early 4th in 10 and 12 team mocks I've done recently. Dez is often getting drafted slightly before Austin though, which is very interesting to me.

Ogletree will be behind Dwayne Harris, but either needs an injury to Austin or Bryant to get significant looks from Romo...

But I like both of their situations better if Romo gets hurt and Orton comes in to check down to the slot WR every play.

If miles austin can stay healthy he will be a steal this year. He showed glimpses of what he is capable of until his hammy had him at far less than 100% for most of the year. Romo is still going to be throwing the ball all over the field so someone has to be the recipient.

Don't forget that they still have Witten and Dez Bryant to throw to.

In the mock drafts I've seen so far, there is always a Cowboys fan willing to draft Austin in the 3rd. I've never seen him slip to the 5th, or even past the mid 4th.

Ciara, so true.

Witten is another guy who might be under-.rated. He can still produce.

In the mock drafts I've seen so far, there is always a Cowboys fan willing to draft Austin in the 3rd. I've never seen him slip to the 5th, or even past the mid 4th.

Seen him fall to the fifth almost every mock.