Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft Commentary

without looking at the pick thread, it must be megla's turn :P

wanted to finish with James and Leshoure -- I figured no one would take him as he has a loooming suspension 4-8 weeks. Glad I got James I think he is is the true heir apparent to a oft injured n aged Gore

Matt schaub is coming off a lis franc sprain, so I figured I needed a qb 3. I like sam bradfords upside. A couple years ago he finished top 10, and the rams are trying hard to upgrade his receiver corp.

Matt schaub is coming off a lis franc sprain, so I figured I needed a qb 3. I like sam bradfords upside. A couple years ago he finished top 10, and the rams are trying hard to upgrade his receiver corp.

which is why I picked Taiwan Jones -- DMC is great but Lis Frac isn't a very nice lady -- and DMC gets injured in a strong breeze. They likely bring in another guy but I liked what I saw out of him and think he will get his shot - if/WHEN DMC goes down.

note I had picked another guy becasue I thought Jones was taken already when I saw he wasn't I changed it to Jones

which is why I picked Taiwan Jones -- DMC is great but Lis Frac isn't a very nice lady -- and DMC gets injured in a strong breeze. They likely bring in another guy but I liked what I saw out of him and think he will get his shot - if/WHEN DMC goes down.

note I had picked another guy becasue I thought Jones was taken already when I saw he wasn't I changed it to Jones

When Run DMC cant run, which will happen, Goodson is the guy to own in Oak. U know that, right?

When Run DMC cant run, which will happen, Goodson is the guy to own in Oak. U know that, right?

I do.

I'm not convinced goodson will be the guy to own but what do I care I don't handcuff anyway

Regarding Jake locker - thus is a pick til hold until he overtakes hass as the starter. I feel confident that kolb will begin the season as my backup and locker will end it

smart man. :thumbsup:

I think it will be a TC battle for the back up slot. Maybe Goodson is the guy

Glad I got LaMichael James though -- he was my favorite player to watch the last 2 years in college ball -- call it a hunch I know the SF is crowded but I think James will be the guy if Gore goes down. Hunter did well in spell duty last year no doubt so maybe it's him but I know Harbaugh loves James ability. James has gamebreaking ability like a CJIII almost -- we'll see there just glad I got him in case he turns into another CJIII -- I said before the draft other than Trich James was the best back in the draft. fresh, soph , jr seasons over 1500 yards and over 15 or more scores - Blount was thought to be a high draft pick before the sucker punch - James as a freshman made him an afterthought - when Blount was suspended. Granted the Pac 10 isn't the SEC defense wise or even the big ten but they got some decent teams there.

Having seen Goodson play in CAR, he'll have a solid chance of being the #2 in the OAK zone blocking scheme under the new OC... He's definitely a solid player who was just trapped behind Stewart and DWil.

I wish I could get all my players together for a pep talk for what I expect out of them for the offseason and to set goals for each of them. I should sign up for that twitter thing and get this set up. :overhead:

i don't have to get my players together - they already know what it means to be members of the RHSK. We only accept the best.

Is there offseason waivers or free agent pickups?

yes, you will have your $2,000 blind bidding dollars which counts for the entire offseason and regular season. Once Moz puts the lineups in, he'll set a time when the WW blind bidding opens. The blind bidding is awarded like on a Tuesday night or Wednesday to the highest bidder. Free agent pickups won't begin until after the frist week of the regular season has completed. Jocstrap and Dehaven focked around last year, missed the deadline, and played no defense and or kicker week #1.

yes, you will have your $2,000 blind bidding dollars which counts for the entire offseason and regular season. Once Moz puts the lineups in, he'll set a time when the WW blind bidding opens. The blind bidding is awarded like on a Tuesday night or Wednesday to the highest bidder. Free agent pickups won't begin until after the frist week of the regular season has completed. Jocstrap and Dehaven focked around last year, missed the deadline, and played no defense and or kicker week #1.

i did it 2yrs in a row, and went 1-1. :banana:

I'm really confused as to when and how initial free agents are allowed to be picked up so I guess ill draft a kicker in round 18.

Is it fcfs until a deadline and then it locks? Or are rosters locked until after week 1? How did some of u fail to have a kicker last yr?

I'm really confused as to when and how initial free agents are allowed to be picked up so I guess ill draft a kicker in round 18.

Is it fcfs until a deadline and then it locks? Or are rosters locked until after week 1? How did some of u fail to have a kicker last yr?

No fcfs until week 1. Blind bidding ww until week 1... A few forgot to blind bid on a k before week 1, so since they didn't win one in BB, there wasn't fcfs to allow them to pick one up.

Ok so the blind bidding is only during preseason? Then its weekly fcfs?

During the season it is BB followed by FCFS.

Blind Bidding begins in the summer and continues throughout the entire season. The blind bids are processed Tuesday night at midnight(or something like that). Once the blind bidding is processed, it's a first come first serve until kickoff on the waiver wire. Once the waiver wire is closed (Sunday at 11:59am cst) then you can only blind bid again until the next Tuesday til midnight. 12:01 am WED morning it begins the first come first serve again.

HOWEVER FOR WEEK #1 ONLY

Blind Bidding closes at midnight on Tuesday before the first game. There is NO first come first serve that first week WED-SUN. So if you don't pick up a kicker or defense by Tuesday night, your focked week #1 :cheers:

let's try this...

post draft, you get 2000 BB dollars. this 2000 is the only money you get for the entire season, regular and preseason.

**from now until wk 1 of reg. season:

wkly blind bidding, no FCFS. occurs Wed or so each wk.

**regular season

wkly bb waivers. occurs Wed or so, like preaseason. each wk after waivers, it is FCFS until 1st game kickoff.

got it?

let's try this...

post draft, you get 2000 BB dollars. this 2000 is the only money you get for the entire season, regular and preseason.

**from now until wk 1 of reg. season:

wkly blind bidding, no FCFS. occurs Wed or so each wk.

**regular season

wkly bb waivers. occurs Wed or so, like preaseason. each wk after waivers, it is FCFS until 1st game kickoff.

got it?

That is unecessaarily complicated but yes, got it. Thanks

Everyone must draft a kicker. That's the rules.

i did not last yr.

r u sure?

wasn't there discussion on this already?

Everyone must draft a kicker. That's the rules.

I didn't know that. If that is true it would have been good to know.

One more round guys. I have a spreadsheet ready with breakdown of each team by both order drafted and by position that I will copy and post on the main fftoday forum along with our rules (although I don't know the rules really, LOL), and get opinions on our teams.

One more round guys. I have a spreadsheet ready with breakdown of each team by both order drafted and by position that I will copy and post on the main fftoday forum along with our rules (although I don't know the rules really, LOL), and get opinions on our teams.

awesome, chad! :cheers:

yes, ill draft a kicker this rd, too.

Ski knows he didnt take a kicker im not sure why he didnt just replace his 18.1 with a kicker. we could wrap this up

Ski knows he didnt take a kicker im not sure why he didnt just replace his 18.1 with a kicker. we could wrap this up

lot's of research going into kickers - didn't you know this was a high intelligence league :shocking:

lot's of research going into kickers - didn't you know this was a high intelligence league :shocking:

I decided to go with the statistically best kicker of all time. Someone has to sign him :ninja:

I decided to go with the statistically best kicker of all time. Someone has to sign him :ninja:

You need to pick a kicker that's in the myfantasyleague 2012. Moz can't enter your complete roster otherwise.

You need to pick a kicker that's in the myfantasyleague 2012. Moz can't enter your complete roster otherwise.

Fine

I chose Adi Kunalic. I have full intention of keeping him all season.

Actually no you dont and yes he could.

Oh really? How do you add Mike Vanderjagt to a team when Mike Vanderjagt isn't in our leagues system??????????

Oh really? How do you add Mike Vanderjagt to a team when Mike Vanderjagt isn't in our leagues system??????????

Pretty sure u can enter a roster regardless of how many players. I.e. he can have a 17 man roster

I make that rule because if you want a team w/o a kicker of D during the off season you have to pay for it on BB's. Actually I'm not sure if I could enter a roster w/0 either as I never tried to.

I will think about abandoning having to draft a D and a kicker rule for next year -- though I personally like the rule hence it being there -- I am starting to see little purpose for it - at least when it comes to a kicker. Hell I plan on dropping both my first BB waivers

MFL allows commish to create custom player that can be added to MFL data base. Happens frequently in some of my deeper dynasty leagues.