Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

New rule for 2013?

right now the high volume dink dunk QB is king any way anyone can thin of to add a kink to nullify that a little?

right now the high volume dink dunk QB is king any way anyone can thin of to add a kink to nullify that a little?

i like this.

i can speak for everyone when i say we request some sort of immediate rule change to adjust this, effective right away.

guys like the QBs ur talking bout shuld not be getting this obscene advantage.

make a unilateral decision, commish.

Simple, get rid of the .25 per completion and raise the 1 point per 25 pass yrds to 1/50 and start it at 150 yards.

Simple, get rid of the .25 per completion and raise the 1 point per 25 pass yrds to 1/50 and start it at 150 yards.

in all seriousness, im ok w/ something similar to this.

I agree that the easiest way is to get rid of the .25 per completion, but I've never been in a league where it's 1 point for 50 yards passing. That seems to me like it would be taking it to the other extreme and devaluing (sp?) the quarterback position, making it almost to the point where you only want to draft a TD heavy QB.

I'm all for getting rid of the .25 per completion. I still like the 1 point per 25 yards though.

I'm all for getting rid of the .25 per completion. I still like the 1 point per 25 yards though.

Exactly what I said, better than I said it. I concur.

Is agree with getting rid of .25 completion in 2013. But really if you dink andd dunk your not going to keep up with the big boys.

Which top 5 passer from 2011 is a dink and dunker?

I guess I'm saying I don't like the completion points in general but I don't think it matters in terms of lesser qbs getting some sort of advantage. I'm not sure I even understand the original post

Dink and dunk QBs have lower ypa and lower statistics than better QBs. I say leave QB scoring as is. What's wrong with it? Nothing!

after thinking about it more...Isn't this unfair to the guys who drafted qb's early knowing the QB position is king? That was part of their draft strategy. I'm not a big fan of changing the rules after a draft has been completed.

just my revised $.02 :dunno:

after thinking about it more...Isn't this unfair to the guys who drafted qb's early knowing the QB position is king? That was part of their draft strategy. I'm not a big fan of changing the rules after a draft has been completed.

I think that's why he said rule change for 2013, not 2012. This really wouldn't affect anyone, unless they were planning on keeping a QB next year. :unsure:

new rule for 2013, not 2012.

i like this.

i can speak for everyone when i say we request some sort of immediate rule change to adjust this, effective right away.guys like the QBs ur talking bout shuld not be getting this obscene advantage.

make a unilateral decision, commish.

I think the bolded above is what joc is talking about. bad idea

Dink and dunk QBs have lower ypa and lower statistics than better QBs. I say leave QB scoring as is. What's wrong with it? Nothing!

Brady is a Dink n Dunk QB for the most part at least IMO and to an extent so is Brees.

I will definitley have a vote on this seasons end -- to erase the .25 per completion.

I think the bolded above is what joc is talking about. bad idea

sorry, bad joke i guess on my part.

i said as much cause moz jus taded for brees, classic dink/dunk guy, hence my hyperbole.

This

This

Starting to see this as well. This is a rule that was apart of the league since it started - sadly the only other original member is Ahill that would remember that.