Sign in to follow this  
Longus

I will answer all questions

First of all, thanks for answering so many questions for people! That's really cool. You're an awesome guy/gal.
I just copy & pasted my question from my thread, hope that's alright.

Standard scoring, non-ppr. Bonus for 300+ yards.

Here's the deal. I wasted an early pick on Tom Brady because I feel like he's going to have a good season coming off suspension.

10 teams in the league, kind of deep, so I ended up with Matt Ryan as a late pick.

Should I keep Matt Ryan? I can't really afford to drop another player to get a THIRD QB, so I'll have to drop Ryan if need be.

A few intriguing QBs left in the league (and remember, I just need one for the first FOUR weeks):

Dakk Prescott (am I just buying into the hype/bored because it's preseason? Strongly considering him)

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jay Cutler

Alex Smith

Joe Flacco
RG3 (also intriguing to me for some reason)

Should I get one of these guys, or stick with Matt Ryan for the first four weeks?

Thanks!

First of all, thanks for answering so many questions for people! That's really cool. You're an awesome guy/gal.

I just copy & pasted my question from my thread, hope that's alright.

Standard scoring, non-ppr. Bonus for 300+ yards.

Here's the deal. I wasted an early pick on Tom Brady because I feel like he's going to have a good season coming off suspension.

10 teams in the league, kind of deep, so I ended up with Matt Ryan as a late pick.

Should I keep Matt Ryan? I can't really afford to drop another player to get a THIRD QB, so I'll have to drop Ryan if need be.

A few intriguing QBs left in the league (and remember, I just need one for the first FOUR weeks):

Dakk Prescott (am I just buying into the hype/bored because it's preseason? Strongly considering him)

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Jay Cutler

Alex Smith

Joe Flacco

RG3 (also intriguing to me for some reason)

Should I get one of these guys, or stick with Matt Ryan for the first four weeks?

Thanks!

While I do like Matt Ryan, but I am intrigued by what Dak can do. but if you arent sold on Matt Ryan, I would prolly get Fitz. he does have an unbelieveable offense. just because he isnt a great real life QB doesnt mean he cant be a fantasy QB for your team.

In this order:

Fitz

Dak(I do love the unknown! he reminds me a lot of russel wilson and no, I am not saying he is russell wilson) if you want a lottery pick

Ryan

Thanks for asking!

10 Man Standard League

Looking to see who to start week 1

Pick 1

Jeremy Hill @ Jets (Tough match up but should get a nice chunk of carries)

Tyler Lockett vs. Seatlle (Miami has a weak secondary)

Emmanuel Sanders vs. Carolina (Qb issues)

Torrey Smith vs. LA Rams (Meh)

DaVante Parker @ Seattle (Not enticing)

Thank you!

10 Man Standard League

Looking to see who to start week 1

Pick 1

Jeremy Hill @ Jets (Tough match up but should get a nice chunk of carries)

Tyler Lockett vs. Seatlle (Miami has a weak secondary)

Emmanuel Sanders vs. Carolina (Qb issues)

Thank you!

I like Tyler Lockett but I think you have to go with Hill. Im still iffy on the QB situation in denver so i wouldnt start him just yet.

Thanks for asking!

Need keeper help!

Auction draft ($160 cap) / keeper league (3 for most teams, 4-5 for last two teams) / Half PPR / 12 teams

Start 1 QB / 1 RB / 2 WR / 1 Flex / TE / K / Def

Given dynamics... only 15 of top 50 players are generally available, and since some players are kept at low prices (Gronk will be kept for $10 this year), the remaining players typically go for inflated prices (Marshawn was the top RB available last year and went for $67, Julio Jones went for $50).

Definitely keeping: David Johnson for $31

Other potential keepers: TY Hilton ($20), Amari Cooper ($19), Latavius Murray ($7), CJ Anderson ($1)

I'm leaning towards Amari and CJ.

Need keeper help!

Auction draft ($160 cap) / keeper league (3 for most teams, 4-5 for last two teams) / Half PPR / 12 teams

Start 1 QB / 1 RB / 2 WR / 1 Flex / TE / K / Def

Given dynamics... only 15 of top 50 players are generally available, and since some players are kept at low prices (Gronk will be kept for $10 this year), the remaining players typically go for inflated prices (Marshawn was the top RB available last year and went for $67, Julio Jones went for $50).

Definitely keeping: David Johnson for $31

Other potential keepers: TY Hilton ($20), Amari Cooper ($19), Latavius Murray ($7), CJ Anderson ($1)

I'm leaning towards Amari and CJ.

Given from the trend of pricing I would have to say I agree with you. both cooper and anderson have great value!

Thanks for asking!

Tyler eifert was dropped. Should I grab him and drop sanu or A Morris ?

if you need him I would grab him, I stashed him in one of my leagues.

Thanks for asking

Hi: I don't see a reply to my "Thoughts on my 14-team Draft's Team" question? Towards the bottom of pg. 11. Thx.

Here it is:

I had the 4th pick. I likely waited too long on getting a QB2 - so I didn't grab one at all. One guy auto-drafted Cam and Brees I'll likely try and do a trade with him. It is a PPR-league.

QB Rivers

RB L. Murray, D. Woodhead, F. Gore, S. Draughns, T. Riddick, S. Ware

WR OBJ, L. Fitz, M. Sanu, W. Snead, R. Matthews

TE Witten, J. Cook

DEF KC

KCR JAC

I debated grabbing NYJ QB as a QB2 - but he has the same bye week as SD...

Thoughts on what to offer for Brees? His team sucks - RBs = PIT-LB, NYJ-BP, KC-CW and MIN-JM. WRs = DAL-DB, MIA-DP, HOU-WF, CAR-TG and SF-TS.

my apologies i didnt see it. thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I like your team as it is. Phillip Rivers is an awesome QB starter. I understand you are looking for a QB2, I would just stream one for that week. or search the waiver wire.

Thanks for asking!

See below - I cut and past from my own thread. As background we have a 12 person keeper auction league with a $200 salary cap. Standard scoring - non-ppr. You can keep up to three players each year by paying $10 more for that player than the previous year. I am in a great position that allows me unlimited buying power because I kept Beckham for $20 (got him two years ago for $0 during his rookie year when he was injured); David Johnson for $11, and Jordy Nelson for $10 (picked him up for $0 last year when no one bought him at the auction and rostered him all year to have him cheap this year). Thus, I have spent $41 on three studs - I have the buying power to buy any one of Adrian Peterson, Zek Elliott or Antonio Brown to fill out my starting roster at RB/WR.

Here is the post from my thread.

Seeking a little advice on who you would rather have. I am in an auction league in which you can keep up to three players from last years team by paying $10 more than you paid for that player the year before. You can keep a player for up to 3 years. So my keepers for very cheap are David Johnson, Odell Beckham, and Jordy Nelson. Basically this gives me a lot of money to spend.

A lot of the other good players are also being kept by other teams and are not available to buy including Todd Gurley, Devonta Freeman, Doug Martin, Julio Jones, Lamar Miller, Mark Ingram, DeAndre Hopkins, etc. That means for studs (top 5 players) at RB/WR the options are Adrian Peterson, Zek Elliott or Antonio Brown. Because of how cheaply I have Johnson, Beckham and Nelson, I have the spending power to get any one of those three I want.

We start 1 or 2 RBs and 2 or 3 WRs - so I could pair Peterson or Elliott with David Johnson and start 2 RBs and 2 WRs or I could buy Brown and Start Johnson plus 3 WRs.

How would you rank Peterson, Elliott and Brown?

See below - I cut and past from my own thread. As background we have a 12 person keeper auction league with a $200 salary cap. Standard scoring - non-ppr. You can keep up to three players each year by paying $10 more for that player than the previous year. I am in a great position that allows me unlimited buying power because I kept Beckham for $20 (got him two years ago for $0 during his rookie year when he was injured); David Johnson for $11, and Jordy Nelson for $10 (picked him up for $0 last year when no one bought him at the auction and rostered him all year to have him cheap this year). Thus, I have spent $41 on three studs - I have the buying power to buy any one of Adrian Peterson, Zek Elliott or Antonio Brown to fill out my starting roster at RB/WR.

Here is the post from my thread.

Seeking a little advice on who you would rather have. I am in an auction league in which you can keep up to three players from last years team by paying $10 more than you paid for that player the year before. You can keep a player for up to 3 years. So my keepers for very cheap are David Johnson, Odell Beckham, and Jordy Nelson. Basically this gives me a lot of money to spend.

A lot of the other good players are also being kept by other teams and are not available to buy including Todd Gurley, Devonta Freeman, Doug Martin, Julio Jones, Lamar Miller, Mark Ingram, DeAndre Hopkins, etc. That means for studs (top 5 players) at RB/WR the options are Adrian Peterson, Zek Elliott or Antonio Brown. Because of how cheaply I have Johnson, Beckham and Nelson, I have the spending power to get any one of those three I want.

We start 1 or 2 RBs and 2 or 3 WRs - so I could pair Peterson or Elliott with David Johnson and start 2 RBs and 2 WRs or I could buy Brown and Start Johnson plus 3 WRs.

How would you rank Peterson, Elliott and Brown?

I dont think you can go wrong with anyone of these guys, but if I had to rank them

1.) Brown(I am a RB guy too but he is too awesome to pass up even in a non-ppr league)

2.) Peterson(Who i believe the vikings will lean on more since Teddy went down)

3.) Zeke

Thanks for asking!

Thanks for doing this for so many years man. You're awesome. My 1st time asking you.

First - How do you feel about my draft? Do you think I'm OK at QB? I have 3...so I could afford to package one of them with someone and upgrade the position if I had to. My WR corps is thin...but thats the price I paid for going for the elite backs. Everyone in my league was doing "NO RB" strat or overspending on QB's....I figured in a passhappy league...WR is deeper than ever. I feel I got good upside with my WR's.

Second - Could I replace any of my players on the bench for someone on waiver wire?

My league: 12 team, auction draft, 1 OP slot, only 5 bench, standard scoring.

LINEUP:

QB - Philip Rivers - $15

RB1 - David Johnson - $60

RB2 - Ezekiel Elliot - $51

WR1 - Amari Cooper - $27

WR2 - Marvin Jones - $3

TE - Delanie Walker - $4

OP - Kirk Cousins

DEF - Houston - $4

K - Justin Tucker - $2

BENCH:

1 - Ryan Tannehill - $6

2 - Alfred Morris - $4

3 - Giovani Bernard - $4

4 - Josh Gordon - $10

5 - DeVante Parker - $1

WAIVERWIRE OPTIONS:

RB - Frank Gore, Dion Sims, Darren Sproles, Tevin Coleman, James Starks, Terrance West, Christ Thompson, Mike Gillislee, Reggie Bush, Jordan Howard, Andre Ellington

WR - Michael Thomas, Mohamed Sanu, Stefon Diggs, Steve Smith, Travis Benjamin, Devin Funchess, Mike Wallace, Kamar Aiken, Rishard Matthews, Tajae Sharpe, DGB,

TE - Martellus Bennett, Ladarius Green, Jared Cook, Richard Rodgers, Eric Ebron, Zach Miller, Kyle Rudolph

Thanks for doing this for so many years man. You're awesome. My 1st time asking you.

First - How do you feel about my draft? Do you think I'm OK at QB? I have 3...so I could afford to package one of them with someone and upgrade the position if I had to. My WR corps is thin...but thats the price I paid for going for the elite backs. Everyone in my league was doing "NO RB" strat or overspending on QB's....I figured in a passhappy league...WR is deeper than ever. I feel I got good upside with my WR's.

Second - Could I replace any of my players on the bench for someone on waiver wire?

My league: 12 team, auction draft, 1 OP slot, only 5 bench, standard scoring.

LINEUP:

QB - Philip Rivers - $15

RB1 - David Johnson - $60

RB2 - Ezekiel Elliot - $51

WR1 - Amari Cooper - $27

WR2 - Marvin Jones - $3

TE - Delanie Walker - $4

OP - Kirk Cousins

DEF - Houston - $4

K - Justin Tucker - $2

BENCH:

1 - Ryan Tannehill - $6

2 - Alfred Morris - $4

3 - Giovani Bernard - $4

4 - Josh Gordon - $10

5 - DeVante Parker - $1

WAIVERWIRE OPTIONS:

RB - Frank Gore, Dion Sims, Darren Sproles, Tevin Coleman, James Starks, Terrance West, Christ Thompson, Mike Gillislee, Reggie Bush, Jordan Howard, Andre Ellington

WR - Michael Thomas, Mohamed Sanu, Stefon Diggs, Steve Smith, Travis Benjamin, Devin Funchess, Mike Wallace, Kamar Aiken, Rishard Matthews, Tajae Sharpe, DGB,

TE - Martellus Bennett, Ladarius Green, Jared Cook, Richard Rodgers, Eric Ebron, Zach Miller, Kyle Rudolph

Hi!

I really like what you did here in your draft. Im with you on the WR class. I really like your roster. I think if there is one wasted spot, its Parker. if you are gonna take a flier on someone I would think about Michael Thomas or T. Sharpe.

Thanks for asking!

Gurley or Julio? standard scorung,12 teame

depends on your roster settings. if you start more RBs than WRs then i would go with Gurley. If you start more WRs than RBs, I'd go with Jones. if its a tie, then I'd go with Gurley. but either way I dont think you can go wrong with either.

Thanks for asking!

What are your thoughts on this trade?

I send T. Brady, B. Marshall and J. Charles and

receive A. Rodgers, D. Johnson and T. Austin

1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 2 FLEX, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF, 7 bench

+7 point bonus for receiving/rushing yards over 100 yards

+5 point bonus for passing yards over 350 yards

Also have +1 point per 10 return yards

QB:

Tom Brady

Carson Palmer

RB:

Jamaal Charles

CJ Anderson

Duke Johnson

Arian Foster

Charles Sims

WR:

Odell Beckham Jr.

Brandon Marshall

Amari Cooper

Randall Cobb

Stefon Diggs

Sammie Coates

TE:

Delanie Walker

Julius Thomas

K:

Chandalar Catanzaro

DEF:

NEW ENG

What are your thoughts on this trade?

I send T. Brady, B. Marshall and J. Charles and

receive A. Rodgers, D. Johnson and T. Austin

1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 2 FLEX, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF, 7 bench

+7 point bonus for receiving/rushing yards over 100 yards

+5 point bonus for passing yards over 350 yards

Also have +1 point per 10 return yards

QB:

Tom Brady

Carson Palmer

RB:

Jamaal Charles

CJ Anderson

Duke Johnson

Arian Foster

Charles Sims

WR:

Odell Beckham Jr.

Brandon Marshall

Amari Cooper

Randall Cobb

Stefon Diggs

Sammie Coates

TE:

Delanie Walker

Julius Thomas

K:

Chandalar Catanzaro

DEF:

NEW ENG

I think you sacrificed too much on this trade. carson palmer is a very serviceable QB. Essentially, you gave up a WR1(Marshall) and a RB2(Charles) for David Johnson. But hey, if you are happy with you got....no regrets! YOLO! =p

Thanks for asking!

help on sixth pick tonight in non-PPR, standard draft with 10 teams, non-keeper. Standard scoring but we give 6 pts. for QB TD passes. If the first five go (Brown, Johnson, Beckham, Jones and Gurley), I am debating between Peterson and Elliot and even Rogers. What do you think and thank you.

help on sixth pick tonight in non-PPR, standard draft with 10 teams, non-keeper. Standard scoring but we give 6 pts. for QB TD passes. If the first five go (Brown, Johnson, Beckham, Jones and Gurley), I am debating between Peterson and Elliot and even Rogers. What do you think and thank you.

Aaron Rodgers shouldnt be a consideration. QB class is DEEP this year. I actually have Zeke rated a bit higher because of the current QB situation. with that said Peterson is a beast. You cant go wrong with either. If i must choose, I choose Peterson.

Thanks for asking!

Excellent, thank you. I'll go with Peterson as my gut.

Different league, rookie draft, 10 team, which is a keeper league and 1 pt PPR. We can start multiple combinations of WR and RB and flexes. I have the 4th pick in the rookie draft. Depending on who gets picked off my team tonight, I won't know to emphasize RB or WR. So my top 4 are in order:

1. Elliot
  2. Treadwell
  3. Coleman
  4. Derick Henry
  5. Then Doctson

do you agree?? Again, keeper, 1 pt ppr. thanks.

Different league, rookie draft, 10 team, which is a keeper league and 1 pt PPR. We can start multiple combinations of WR and RB and flexes. I have the 4th pick in the rookie draft. Depending on who gets picked off my team tonight, I won't know to emphasize RB or WR. So my top 4 are in order:

1. Elliot
  2. Treadwell
  3. Coleman
  4. Derick Henry
  5. Then Doctson

1. Elliot
  2. Treadwell
  3. Coleman
  4. Derick Henry
  5. Then Doctson

yes i agree with that order.

12 team PPR, for this week how would you rank for the two flex spots:

Maclin

Bernard

Cobb

R. Jennings

Lockett

S. Shepard

Thanks.

I'll throw out kind of a messy question...

So, one of my leagues (standard/non ppr, start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1 WR/RB/TE Flex, DST, K) was a 12 teamer until about 45 mins before the draft when 3 dropped out. Drafting last, I wound up with:

QB: Palmer

RBs: Gurley, McCoy, Rawls, L Murray, Henry

WR: Hopkins, Robinson, Cooper, Baldwin, Hurns

TE: Fleener

DST: Carolina

K: Catanzaro

Normally my bench is: lottery ticket(s), necessary handcuffs, backup QB and TE, but with solid WR/RBs falling to late rounds I filled my bench with them. With the smaller league and good players available late, it muddied the picture up for me a bit and I don't really have a bench strategy.

My question is basically: what do you think of my roster construction? I'm comfortable with skipping the backup QB in such a small league, but should I be dropping guys like Hurns for one of the more intriguing players still available on the waiver wire? Is Henry my best lottery ticket option here?

Tons still available including...

Arian Foster, Abdullah, D Williams, Jenninigs, Ivory

Fitzgerald, Rishard Matthews, Emmanuel Sanders, Diggs, Stills, Crabtree

Carr, Bortles, Taylor

Barnidge, Gates, Bennett, Allen, Clay

Simple answers are fine as you gave me great feedback on my last request.

Draft tonight: Have Leveon Bell and D. Hopkins as my keepers. 12 team standard league with a twist where you really only really have to start one RB.

QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), TE, D, K

Pick the best pick if these options are available in the first couple of rounds please!

Round 1

Sammy Watkins, Jeremy Maclin, LeSean McCoy, Thomas Rawls

Round 2

Jordan Reed, Melvin Gordon, Donte Moncrief, Jeremy Hill, Marvin Jones

Thank you kindly!

12 team PPR, for this week how would you rank for the two flex spots:

Maclin

Bernard

Cobb

R. Jennings

Lockett

S. Shepard

Thanks.

Maclin

Jennings

bernard

Lockett

Shapeard

Cobb

Thanks for asking

I'll throw out kind of a messy question...

So, one of my leagues (standard/non ppr, start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1 WR/RB/TE Flex, DST, K) was a 12 teamer until about 45 mins before the draft when 3 dropped out. Drafting last, I wound up with:

QB: Palmer

RBs: Gurley, McCoy, Rawls, L Murray, Henry

WR: Hopkins, Robinson, Cooper, Baldwin, Hurns

TE: Fleener

DST: Carolina

K: Catanzaro

Normally my bench is: lottery ticket(s), necessary handcuffs, backup QB and TE, but with solid WR/RBs falling to late rounds I filled my bench with them. With the smaller league and good players available late, it muddied the picture up for me a bit and I don't really have a bench strategy.

My question is basically: what do you think of my roster construction? I'm comfortable with skipping the backup QB in such a small league, but should I be dropping guys like Hurns for one of the more intriguing players still available on the waiver wire? Is Henry my best lottery ticket option here?

Tons still available including...

Arian Foster, Abdullah, D Williams, Jenninigs, Ivory

Fitzgerald, Rishard Matthews, Emmanuel Sanders, Diggs, Stills, Crabtree

Carr, Bortles, Taylor

Barnidge, Gates, Bennett, Allen, Clay

Sorry for the unfortunate situation.

for me, present is always most important. D. Williams will almost guarantee you to win the first three games. if you have a flex you can start him I would. otherwise for a lottery ticket id go with foster or abdullah.

Thanks for asking!

I'm not comfortable with my TE in Zach Miller. I see Walford and McDonald sitting there on the wire waiting for someone to pluck them. Would you drop Miller for either of them? I have this nagging feeling about McDonald given the lack of receiving options in SF.

Simple answers are fine as you gave me great feedback on my last request.

Draft tonight: Have Leveon Bell and D. Hopkins as my keepers. 12 team standard league with a twist where you really only really have to start one RB.

QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), TE, D, K

Pick the best pick if these options are available in the first couple of rounds please!

Round 1

Sammy Watkins, Jeremy Maclin, LeSean McCoy, Thomas Rawls

Round 2

Jordan Reed, Melvin Gordon, Donte Moncrief, Jeremy Hill, Marvin Jones

Thank you kindly!

mccoy

for round 2 are these your only options as i feel they are bit of a reach. but if i must choose, i choose Gordon.

Thanks for asking

I'm not comfortable with my TE in Zach Miller. I see Walford and McDonald sitting there on the wire waiting for someone to pluck them. Would you drop Miller for either of them? I have this nagging feeling about McDonald given the lack of receiving options in SF.

I would definitely go with Vance!

Thanks for asking!

I have a lot of options in the second (because of two keepers this is actually the 4th) (Keepers Hopkins and Bell). Also wondering if this is too far of a reach to go with Russell Wilson. If I go shady with my first pick I would like to get another wr if not russell. Here are some more options:

Moncrief

Marvin Jones

Doug Baldwin

Golden Tate

Kelvin Benjamin

Allen Hurns

I have a lot of options in the second (because of two keepers this is actually the 4th) (Keepers Hopkins and Bell). Also wondering if this is too far of a reach to go with Russell Wilson. If I go shady with my first pick I would like to get another wr if not russell. Here are some more options:

Moncrief

Marvin Jones

Doug Baldwin

Golden Tate

Kelvin Benjamin

Allen Hurns

i am a big fan of montecrief.

Sorry for the unfortunate situation.

for me, present is always most important. D. Williams will almost guarantee you to win the first three games. if you have a flex you can start him I would. otherwise for a lottery ticket id go with foster or abdullah.

Thanks for asking!

Thank you!

Would you flex Deangelo Williams (@WAS) over Amari Cooper or Latavius Murray (OAK at NO) week 1?

I have Palmer to deal. Was offered Blount (not crazy about). What type RB should I shoot for. The owner who offered also has Anderson and Stewart

Thank you!

Would you flex Deangelo Williams (@WAS) over Amari Cooper or Latavius Murray (OAK at NO) week 1?

yes i would

I have Palmer to deal. Was offered Blount (not crazy about). What type RB should I shoot for. The owner who offered also has Anderson and Stewart

lots of unknown variables here as I dont know how many starting spots or what kind of roster you have or the scoring settings