Sign in to follow this  
_BadFish_

mjd

Anyone else hear this?? My cousin texted it to me. Anyone have a link??

Could be big. You think they actually trade him?? What teams could be in the market for hin...?

Lots of questions can't wait to see how this pans out if its true.

Yea he said saw it on ESPN. Ima have to slap him ....needs to get his facts straight.

So do u think they sign him?? Trade him?? Or let his ass hold out??

No way he gets traded! They have a very reliable RB in Jennings but MJD is a top 5 NFL RB. If I were the Jags I would consider for the right price due to age/his mileage and what not. But I'd want a player or two along with some high draft picks.

Couple of things to think about. First, I think they let him continue holding out. They said he has a contract to play for and if they trade him then MJD is just getting his way. Khan IMO has no plans to let that happen.

If MJD doesn't play by week 10, then this year won't count on his contract and he will still have two years left on his deal. Obviously Khan knows this. MJD is not playing this well.. His agent looks like an idiot for how they have handled it.

Mojo has 0 leverage. Only way he gains any leverage is if Jennings gets hurt.

So, Mojo sits and he still has two years left on his deal. He could hold out as a Jaguar until he retires. He is letting his arrogance get in the way and is taking bad advice from his agent.

Well it looks like this holdout might get ugly. He is DND unless its incredible value or things change in the next few days. Even if he does cave in the next day or so I probably wouldn't touch him till the end of round 3 if at all.

And I thought grabbing him in the end of 2nd round was a steal <_< ....Im having buyer remorse

The question is, did you get Rashad Jennings?

As someone who has no plans on drafting MJD for various reasons, this kinda sucks. I want his stock to continue to be over-inflated.

His ADP is slowly dropping, but not much.

Couple of things to think about. First, I think they let him continue holding out. They said he has a contract to play for and if they trade him then MJD is just getting his way. Khan IMO has no plans to let that happen.

If MJD doesn't play by week 10, then this year won't count on his contract and he will still have two years left on his deal. Obviously Khan knows this. MJD is not playing this well.. His agent looks like an idiot for how they have handled it.

Mojo has 0 leverage. Only way he gains any leverage is if Jennings gets hurt.

So, Mojo sits and he still has two years left on his deal. He could hold out as a Jaguar until he retires. He is letting his arrogance get in the way and is taking bad advice from his agent.

This is a bit different that previous contract impasses. If I recall, MJD has two years left on what is a good contract, it's not as if he's being paid at the rookie minimum or anything. Regardless of what happens, he will report by week 10 much like Vincent Jackson did because there is absolutely NO way he wants to lose the year of service against the contract. I also expect that he'll immediately be injured when that happens and spend the next seven weeks "rehabbing" his injury. Then I expect he'll do the same thing next year. Time is not on MJD's side in this case, as he's not young and has a fair amount of miles on him now. Jennings is looking like a steal.

Bad move on MJD's part, imo. I don't think many teams will trade a lot for an aging running back who also wants to be paid a ton of money. (Yes I know MJD's only 27, but RBs don't have a long shelf-life and MJD has some tread on those tires.) This will probably only strengthen Jacksonville's position in the end.

BTW, I see this nasty holdout lasting into the season. So glad I have been avoiding MJD.

i don't draft until next sunday... i assume a little more will come to light before then...

Jennings is currently going in 9th-10th round apparently... does this bump him up to the 7th round? or higher??

Yea he said saw it on ESPN. Ima have to slap him ....needs to get his facts straight.

So do u think they sign him?? Trade him?? Or let his ass hold out??

Personally i would tr to trade him and get some picks in return. Though i dont think an nfl team is going to pay very much for a rb that is refusing to play with his current contract. The nfl doesnt do many sign and trades like the nba. That team just sucks. No way is gabbert the answer.

Just in, MJD open to bridging relationship with Jags, less then 24 hours after saying he is open to a trade. Shouldn't be long now before he reports. MJD will play in teal this year.

Just in, MJD open to bridging relationship with Jags, less then 24 hours after saying he is open to a trade. Shouldn't be long now before he reports. MJD will play in teal this year.

i hope he drags out a bit so his draft stock will stay low. you could sport a pretty good team with where ADP and MJD could be going right now, especially later in the season with some health...if you're willing to gamble a bit.