Sign in to follow this  
Stewburtx8

The Return of the Elf Challenge

OK..so I said I would get these up and running again this year. I know it was very enjoyable playing these contests last year against a bunch of you, and it was all started by the infamous Axe Elf. We even started having some people start posting an analysis of how they went about picking their team.

This contest is a $10 entry, 20 man tournament. Pays top 3. Payouts are $90 for 1st, $56 for 2nd, and $34 for 3rd. This challenge starts at 1 o'clock on Sunday September 9th (doesn't include the opening game) and runs through the last games of Week 1 on Monday night. You must submit an initial lineup to enter but can edit the lineup up until the start of the first game on Sunday. If anyone who hasn't played before has any questions or concerns about Fanduel, please shoot me a PM or just ask in this thread. No I am not affiliated with the site. Just been playing on there ever since this was started last year. There are many other very good daily sites out there other than Fanduel as well.

The week 1 "Elf" Challenge link: http://www.fanduel.com/entry/ZBCNYL?invitedby=stewburtx8&cnl=ba

I'm back in for another year! They need to update these though... rashad Jennings isn't even available to purchase yet they have some players I've never even heard of. Weird.

I'm back in for another year! They need to update these though... rashad Jennings isn't even available to purchase yet they have some players I've never even heard of. Weird.

Yeah. It's says that some players weren't available from their STATS inc feed when the contest was created (Jennings, Benson, Ryan Williams, and Garrett Hartley). They will all be available after Week 1.

Yeah. It's says that some players weren't available from their STATS inc feed when the contest was created (Jennings, Benson, Ryan Williams, and Garrett Hartley). They will all be available after Week 1.

Man, wish my fantasy team looked like this team, haha.

Bump.... Isn't anyone interested in competing against fellow FFToday'ers on a weekly basis? Where are all the guys who participated last year?

Bump.... Isn't anyone interested in competing against fellow FFToday'ers on a weekly basis? Where are all the guys who participated last year?

I'm back, just waiting until next week to fire FanDuel back up. This way I can try and limit how many games I get into there.

I'm back, just waiting until next week to fire FanDuel back up. This way I can try and limit how many games I get into there.

Haha, fair enough. I just reloaded my account for football season but I keep using it on baseball anyways.

Bump... c'mon everyone.. only $10....week 1 competition against fellow FFToday'ers. 20 man league. Top 3 paid: $90 for 1st, $56 for 2nd, $34 for 3rd.

im in

preseason :thumbsdown:

i'll play when it's the real deal

preseason :thumbsdown:

i'll play when it's the real deal

uhhh its for week 1 :doh:

Yes, Week 1. Starting next Sunday at 1 o'clock. Doesn't include the Weds night game. Looks like we have 5 lineups submitted but about 4-5 others who said they were in. Let's get this thing filled. You can submit your lineup to enter and then edit up until the first game on Sunday.

I know you guys have this set up on Fanduel and I played in a few of them last year but just as a suggestion, you guys should try out Draftstreet. The only reason why I suggest this is because on Fanduel, the only option is a weekly salary cap league where everyone ends up with teams that share 2-3 players with other teams. On draftstreet, you can set up a private league that is a weekly snakedraft, so it is more similar to the type of draft that we participate in for our season-long leagues.

The only drawback is that for their weekly snakedraft leagues, the biggest size they allow is 10 players. Also, you would have to find a time that is convenient for everyone to draft or else they would just have to set up the predraft rankings. Like I said, just a suggestion because I would prefer to play in a weekly snakedraft as opposed to a weekly salary cap league.

I have done a few 10 person snakedrafts for week 1, and each draft took around 45 minutes so they are pretty quick.

I know you guys have this set up on Fanduel and I played in a few of them last year but just as a suggestion, you guys should try out Draftstreet. The only reason why I suggest this is because on Fanduel, the only option is a weekly salary cap league where everyone ends up with teams that share 2-3 players with other teams. On draftstreet, you can set up a private league that is a weekly snakedraft, so it is more similar to the type of draft that we participate in for our season-long leagues.

The only drawback is that for their weekly snakedraft leagues, the biggest size they allow is 10 players. Also, you would have to find a time that is convenient for everyone to draft or else they would just have to set up the predraft rankings. Like I said, just a suggestion because I would prefer to play in a weekly snakedraft as opposed to a weekly salary cap league.

I have done a few 10 person snakedrafts for week 1, and each draft took around 45 minutes so they are pretty quick.

stew usually runs these so i cant speak for him but while i appreciate the suggestion, part of the appeal of our fanduel challenges lies in being able to join at any time and pick your lineup. no muss no fuss.

snake drafts are great for full season leagues but for weekly contests where participants and league size will vary from week to week, its nice to not have to worry about what impact your draft spot will have on you for a single week. winning simply rewards the best one week prognosticators.

and we have guys join a week in advance and hours in advance so having a draft time is less practical

stew usually runs these so i cant speak for him but while i appreciate the suggestion, part of the appeal of our fanduel challenges lies in being able to join at any time and pick your lineup. no muss no fuss.

snake drafts are great for full season leagues but for weekly contests where participants and league size will vary from week to week, its nice to not have to worry about what impact your draft spot will have on you for a single week. winning simply rewards the best one week prognosticators.

and we have guys join a week in advance and hours in advance so having a draft time is less practical

No worries, like I said, it was just a suggestion and I do recognize that finding a draft time that is convenient for everyone would be very difficult. I set up a private league with my friends and we decided to draft every Sunday at 11:00am. But those were with people I personally know, so setting up a time with people over the internet would be exponentially more difficult.

I do like the snake drafts on Draftstreet. Played them several times for baseball. There's lot of other great daily sites out there (draftkings, draftday, etc.) with somewhat different scoring, lineups, formats. As White Wonder said, I'm just not sure how practical they are to get 10 of us together to draft at one time. I will probably continue running these contests as is on a weekly basis because people can sign up and enter/edit their lineup when it's convenient for them. Hopefully we continue to get good participation.

BUT if you want to start a snake style draft on Draftstreet and want to try to get 10 of us together for it, I would certainly try to do that as well. Right now I tend to play on Fanduel a lot (I started there and also had a huge score on there with the DFBC so I'm a little partial to them) but I do try to play on the other sites at times. They all have their pros and cons.

I'll participate again for sure, just need to get some money back onto fanduel. Is it full yet?

No. We are at 6 officially signed up and entered and another couple that said they were going to get in but didn't enter their rosters yet.

i'm in ...,but lower the salary next week...i got an

all-star line up

i'm in ...,but lower the salary next week...i got an

all-star line up

I thought the same thing. $60K is the standard cap. $65K would be beginner. But maybe we will do $55K (expert) next week. Or maybe Fanduel just needs to tighten up their salaries a little.

Up to 9 officially entered and White Wonder and Till both said they were in. Need several more still. Week 1 competition on Fanduel against fellow FFToday'ers. Costs $10. Win up to $90 for first (pays top 3).

There is a different site that might be fun to compete on, and I made a group for FFTodayers to try it out.

Try www.MyFantasyFive.com

It is free to sign up and play, and very easy. To play in the FFT group, go to "My Groups-Join Group" and put in:

Group Name: FFT

Password: fft

both are case sensitive.

The FFT group is set to run from tomorrow, Sep 5-Monday Sep 10.

After you join the group, you just have to play the daily contest each day.

If it works out, we can put in some $$ to play next week.

There is also a September group that you can join for free, and the winner wins $50. Details of that are on the home page.

It is a very different take on Fantasy, but quick and easy. Give it a shot and see what you think.

I'm in for the fanduel one.. not intrested in putting cash on any new sites though so if we switch to that fantasy5 site i'll be out

I'm in for the fanduel one.. not intrested in putting cash on any new sites though so if we switch to that fantasy5 site i'll be out

I plan to stick with Fanduel and continue to run these on a weekly basis. I will take suggestions/majority vote on whether $10 is a good price point and if we should switch the salary to expert ($55k) or not.

I never even heard of Fantasyfive so I wouldn't touch it right now. I'm not sure why cribdog is trying to hijack the thread and tout this site. But I've been playing on Fanduel for almost a year now and know they are safe and secure with very easy deposits and cashouts.

We are up to 11 entries and White Wonder would make 12 whenever he gets around to enter. Need 8 more.

We need to keep it around 10 people. Last year was a nightmare trying to get these weekly contests filled.

I also have no interest in leaving fanduel. I have played there for a year as well and have had no issues.

We need to keep it around 10 people. Last year was a nightmare trying to get these weekly contests filled.

I also have no interest in leaving fanduel. I have played there for a year as well and have had no issues.

I can get them filled easily on the site, but would prefer to fill it with FFToday'ers.

am i only one that thought i had the perfect lineup & have switched it like 10 times.... i cant wait for football to start

am i only one that thought i had the perfect lineup & have switched it like 10 times.... i cant wait for football to start

Lol, I picked my team and thought, damn, no way this team is getting beat, but I'm guessing everyones team looks ridiculous. Yes, 55K next time, but this will be a fun high scoring week.

Lol, I picked my team and thought, damn, no way this team is getting beat, but I'm guessing everyones team looks ridiculous. Yes, 55K next time, but this will be a fun high scoring week.

Sad part is that they have a beginner setting with a $65K cap. Imagine the teams you can build in those leagues.

We still need more teams to fill this thing up...

the OG Elf is trying to run these on another site:

http://www.ludawgs.com/showthread.php?15036-The-Axe-Elf-Challenge-Week-1

I brought up his history here and he claims FFT stopped him from running the contest over here... I'm sure that's the case.

If you decide to register over there to talk some smack to ol Elfie and tell him how bad he sucks (or you just want to win some $$$), please consider registering as my referral using this link:

http://www.ludawgs.com/forum.php?referrerid=130

Thanks and BOL this year.

I made good money on the Elf contests last year. In fact, sadly, they were my primary source of income. I'm back for more.

ALRIGHT I GOT TWO BUDDYS 2 PLAY

TASTELIKECHICKEN

AND

PAYDIRT7

just need a few more...post it in your fantasy leagues