Sign in to follow this  
madd futher mucker

Should I quit this league?

Here's the league:

http://www11.myfantasyleague.com/2012/home/38168#0

A lot of crap going down in this league as you can see by reading the expanded chat. Edit: well I guess the commish cleared the chat because things got so personal between two league members. That's at least the second time he's done that this year. And these two guys were not even involved in the trade that went South. See the two message board posts.

I've stayed out of all the controversy. My team "Touchdown there, baby" is really pretty good, but is not a slam dunk to win the money.

The point is, the league is not fun and the commish offered to refund our money if anyone wants out. (I assume at least someone involved in these pissing contests will take him up on that) which will make things even more interesting. In a way it's been an ongoing soap opera to observe the bitterness among leaguemates.

I've been in this league for 4 years (although last year I let a friend run it during the season on a trial basis for him, but he decided not to take it over from me this year, so I "got it back"). I don't have any real ties to any of these guys and I'm in enough leagues already. If you had no real axe to grind in this, but just find the whole league morale a mess, would you take the commish up on his offer even though it was not intended for you?

I've never experienced this before. What would you do in this situation?

Here's the league:

A lot of crap going down in this league as you can see by reading the expanded chat. Edit: well I guess the commish cleared the chat because things got so personal between two league members. That's at least the second time he's done that this year. And these two guys were not even involved in the trade that went South. See the two message board posts.

I've stayed out of all the controversy. My team "Touchdown there, baby" is really pretty good, but is not a slam dunk to win the money.

The point is, the league is not fun and the commish offered to refund our money if anyone wants out. (I assume at least someone involved in these pissing contests will take him up on that) which will make things even more interesting. In a way it's been an ongoing soap opera to observe the bitterness among leaguemates.

I've been in this league for 4 years (although last year I let a friend run it during the season on a trial basis for him, but he decided not to take it over from me this year, so I "got it back"). I don't have any real ties to any of these guys and I'm in enough leagues already. If you had no real axe to grind in this, but just find the whole league morale a mess, would you take the commish up on his offer even though it was not intended for you?

Honestly, I hate your team. I'd walk before I started that bunch of garbage. Just my opinion.

First thing is I do not see anything on the chat box. I did however read through the top two threads on the message board.

both owners sound like whiny dbags to me. The guy bitching about the trade being reversed is probably more annoying but the guy who accepted or wrongly offered or whatever and asked for it to be reversed seems sneaky as fock. I tend to agree that he had instant buyers remorse OR offered the trade, intended to revoke it but was too late and it had been accepted.

I tend to side with the guy who would have received Julio Jones. A trade is a trade. Be more careful in reviewing everything before you submit.

As far as your own involvement, it sounds like you already have one foot out the door emotionally and this might be the excuse you needed to bail. Assess your own desire to remain in the league and decide based on that. this is similar to my involvement in the Real Deal league. When we were having trouble filling out the owners I was debating whether or not I wished to continue in a league that might have that kind of annual turnover. But in the end I was still having fun seeing if I could build a team to compete with the super squad.

As for your team in this league, DAMN you are hurting at WR :(

Stay in there on principle and beat 'em like a red-headed step-child......it will be all the more sweet.

You have plenty of other leagues in which you're invested--I'd kick this one to the curb. Not worth the annoyance, since you know those two are going to be at each other all year and something else like that is gonna happen again.

Honestly, I hate your team. I'd walk before I started that bunch of garbage. Just my opinion.

I don't know where you are coming from on that. Unless you are just trying to get under my skin.

This is a 12 team PPR league.

I think this is one of the stronger rosters in the league:

Q - start 1: Newton, P Manning, Tannehill

RB - start 2: Sproles, Bradshaw, F Jax, Gore, K Smith, Tolbert

WR - start 3: Wayne, Boldin, Amendola, D Moore, D Baldwin, S Smith stl, Criner, Brazill

TE - start 1: Tamme, Celek

Flex: probably a 3rd RB

K and D

Two guys I respect (Stonewall and a friend from another dynasty league) have said "Win the league this year, take their money....THEN quit the league! Fantasy Football is definitely not worth aggravation!" I really think I have a reasonable chance.

Unless some other guys who are directly involved in the multiple pissing contests going on quit the league and essentially destroy it first, I guess I'm inclined to stay the course for this year.

Here's the league:

Ok so after reading your post mfm i realized it was you speaking. If you need someone who is competitive and expects to win send me a message.

^ agreed. Stay, do your best, stay outta the drama, & bounce after the season.

I don't know where you are coming from on that. Unless you are just trying to get under my skin.

WR - start 3: Wayne, Boldin, Amendola, D Moore, D Baldwin, S Smith stl, Criner, Brazill

K and D

Two guys I respect (Stonewall and a friend from another dynasty league) have said "Win the league this year, take their money....THEN quit the league! Fantasy Football is definitely not worth aggravation!" I really think I have a reasonable chance.

Unless some other guys who are directly involved in the multiple pissing contests going on quit the league and essentially destroy it first, I guess I'm inclined to stay the course for this year.

I guess its possible to win with that team but very unlikely. If it were a 14 teamer i could see it but youre going to need a lot of luck.

Don't quit now, that's just douchey. Do your best to win and bounce next year.

I agree with this sentiment. Sometimes it falls to you to be the better man.

I guess its possible to win with that team but very unlikely. If it were a 14 teamer i could see it but youre going to need a lot of luck.

Not possible to win. Bradshaw will be injured, Gore is losing steam and could be a timeshare. Sproles and F Jax are nice but F Jax is coming off injury and could be splitting time with Spiller who played very well down the stretch.

WR's aren't very good. You have a wr2 at best!

TE's are very weak.

QBs are nice. I'm not high on Newton but good pick for dynasty. Manning should play well this year. Don't see you winning or making playoffs personally. I realize it's a 12 team league but your team is really going to struggle.

If your quitting next year I'd quit now and get your money back because you won't be winning any this year.

K and D

I have to agree with TomServo. When I look at this team, there's no one that jumps out at me as a top player that I'd want to have on my team. There's no "wow" factor. This feels like a very middle of the road starting roster to me. I'm not saying that there won't be lots of opportunity to improve it throughout the course of the year through waiver pickups and such, just that you're starting with mediocrity.

I think now that you are this close to the start of the season, you should play out the year. You committed to this league for 2012, so I would stick it out. If you want to quit the league, inform everyone at the end of the season that you will not be returning next season. Just my opinion.

FYI- I usually like your teams a lot, but I am not really a fan of this team either. You are well below average at WR and TE in my opinion and don't have anyone I consider elite at other positions. But I know you are constantly making trades and waiver pickups, so I wouldn't be surprised if your roster looks a lot different at seasons end.