Sign in to follow this  
dayreckers

Peyton Hillis?

Is he worth dropping for a Donnie Avery / Andre Brown?

No. Charles' knee is now reported to be gimpy - and it is the same knee with the ACL. On your roster, I would drop Wright - if anyone - to pick up Brown. I would also prefer Avery to Wright, as I think that Britt will chew into Wright's value.

No. Charles' knee is now reported to be gimpy - and it is the same knee with the ACL. On your roster, I would drop Wright - if anyone - to pick up Brown. I would also prefer Avery to Wright, as I think that Britt will chew into Wright's value.

Being here in Nebraska, I had not heard this report about Charles. Has this been actually reported or just hear say? I do have Hillis on my roster and almost dropped him to pick up someone else.

Being here in Nebraska, I had not heard this report about Charles. Has this been actually reported or just hear say? I do have Hillis on my roster and almost dropped him to pick up someone else.

i almost did, too. but i had this feeling about hillis going into the season. while i'm less confident, i'm giving it another week first

I too have a feeling that as the season goes along he will become more valuable. Just been nervous on his usage in the first two weeks. I suppose it has to do with the games and how they went, but Peyton just has not been in the game plan as much as I expected.

Keep him he is the best handcuff in fantasy and he did outscore and out touch charles last week.

Btw charles was riding a bike while chiefs drove late in first half inside the five

Hillis might be one of those players that you can ride towards the end of the season.

The Chiefs are 0-2 and playing the Saints this weekend with Baltimore aftewards. There's a good chance they will be 1-6 after 7 games. Their season will most likely be over by then with a strong chance that charles might be shut down with it. Hillis is on a 1 year contract and really need to showcase what he's got. Barring injuries, i think the Chiefs will run him into the ground.

:o Uh ohhh, the Jamaal Charles League of Ballzacklickers are gong to be coming for you for making astute assessments of him..... :ninja:

Keep him he is the best handcuff in fantasy and he did outscore and out touch charles last week.

Btw charles was riding a bike while chiefs drove late in first half inside the five

:doh:

Both Ben Tate and Kendall Hunter are better handcuffs than Hillis. So is Fred Jackson when he comes back. Michael Bush too. Probably could include Pierre Thomas as well.

At some point Hillis has to show something other than a nice week 1 in the preseason to warrant all these warm fuzzy feelings. Shane Draughn ain't going away either, regardless what happens with Charles.

Hillis might be one of those players that you can ride towards the end of the season.

The Chiefs are 0-2 and playing the Saints this weekend with Baltimore aftewards. There's a good chance they will be 1-6 after 7 games. Their season will most likely be over by then with a strong chance that charles might be shut down with it. Hillis is on a 1 year contract and really need to showcase what he's got. Barring injuries, i think the Chiefs will run him into the ground.

I agree with this, but I want to add that if you watched the Chiefs play they're not going to run the ball much in those next several games. Hard to do that when you're getting blown out by 3 TDs by the end of the first half.

If you cut him now and just stick him on your watch list you can pick him back up around mid-season. But if you keep him on your roster all that time and especially if you try starting him you yourself might be 1-6 by then.

This might also mean Charles is useless.

For me Hillis is really a bye week fill in maybe a flex play on the right week. I have Ray Rice, Steven Jackson, BGE and Daryl Richardson besides Hillis. So I am not too worried about keeping him on my bench to see if things turn around as the season progresses.

Is he worth dropping for a Donnie Avery / Andre Brown?

I just dropped him for Brown. My 2 starters are Trent Richardson and CJ Spiller so he's only a flex IMO anyway. I figure Andre will be a good stash for when (not if) Ahmad gets dinged up like he always does. Heck even if Ahmad is healthy I think you'll see Brown get decent playing time. Ahmad is just not durable enough to be the bell cow, and the Giants always run the ball better with a committee of backs (ie. the Earf, Wind and Fire backfield). As for the situation in KC - I see a three headed monster with Charles, Hillis and Draughn emerging based on that Bills game. No thanks. :thumbsdown:

Sounds like Charles just has a bruised knee and they were just being precautious with him week 2.

ESPN:

Charles, who suffered a bruised knee Sunday, practiced fully Wednesday, the Kansas City Star reports. "(Charles) fell on his knee, got bruised, came up limping, so we took him out rather than leave him in there and expose him a little bit more," coach Romeo Crennel said of not using Charles much as Week 2's contest progressed. "Then as it developed, the other players were doing decent, so we didn't feel a need to put him back at that moment.'

Spin:

Charles' full participation Wednesday has to be a relief for owners concerned that he might be limited due to a setback with his surgically-repaired knee. Assuming no setbacks in the coming days, look for Charles to see added touches Sunday against the Saints.