Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Is Jizz Rodgers even worth a roster spot?

:dunno:

No, you should drop him and pick up someone who is getting 20 carries per game.

If by some chance nobody like that is available, grab the backup on a team where the starter sucks ass. :wall:

Chose to drop him today for Barden over Blackmon & Mendenhall... was in a WR & flex pinch w/ Hernandez, Forte (thought he was out at the time) & Nicks out. Although I'll probably try to get him back after he clears waivers. He looks like nothing special but it's a long season and Turner is no sure thing

Chose to drop him today for Barden over Blackmon & Mendenhall... was in a WR & flex pinch w/ Hernandez, Forte (thought he was out at the time) & Nicks out

I have Gerhardt, Leshoure, Ingram and Jizz all on my bench and I'm thinking about dropping him. I just can't carry 4 RBs I'm never going to play, waiting for one to break out. It's him or Toby going if nothing happens this weekend.

I have Gerhardt, Leshoure, Ingram and Jizz all on my bench and I'm thinking about dropping him. I just can't carry 4 RBs I'm never going to play, waiting for one to break out. It's him or Toby going if nothing happens this weekend.

I would keep him for now.. I'm giving him another game or two

turner sucks balls so I am banking on him getting his shot soon

In your case...I may drop him.

I wish I could (have Turner). Wish I could drop both of him but my RBs blow right now.

Turner looks bad...so does the blocking.

And when he has had chances...Rodgers has looked awful.

Similar situation. Dropping Gerhart. With Turner's DUI, his shaky stock certainly isn't rising in ATL.

I'm just puzzled that I heard someone on nfl network say "the falcons did manage to get their run game going." talking about the Denver game. Pretty sure by run game they meant a 1yd td plunge an a last play scamper for 1st dwn. Everything else was. A 2 yd plod.

Everyone is super high on Rodgers.

He was given an opportunity last season.

Didn't do too much with it.

Don't expect him to do much with it this season.

Pick up Jerious Norwood.

Drop ingram, dude is a bust...

Rodgers is gonna kick ass once turner is done for the season (think michael bush last year or larry johnson back in the day)

jdon

He isn't a handcuff to turner he is 3rd down back overated too

Everyone is super high on Rodgers.

He was given an opportunity last season.

Didn't do too much with it.

Don't expect him to do much with it this season.

Pick up Jerious Norwood.

When in doubt, stick with the guy actually on an NFL roster :dunno:

That was nice to say that back in mid August.

Skills deteriorate much in a month? Turner will be phased out. Poor fit for the offense, poor performance, and poor off field decision making. I'll hold Rodgers to at least see how he handles the increase in opportunities. I'm not sold yet but he provides much more upside than I see out there on the waiver wire.

Jason Snelling is the guy to own.

As a Rodgers owner, I think you are right. Rodgers hasn't shown much in the running game or in pass protection. And if you can't run, you better be able to protect the franchise (Ryan). He hasn't done either. I agree that Snelling (the far better blocker) gets the early work when Turner sucks even more/gets injured.

I'm semi-deep at RB in a PPR league (Charles, Martin, Morris, P. Thomas, McCluster), so I'm cutting bait. I want to keep the faith in Rodgers, but somebody has to go since I don't have a defense, and he seems like the lowest upside guy of all of them right now.

I'm giving him this last week. I always hold sleepers 3 weeks to see how things shake out. That said if I needed a player I would drop him without hesitation. Looking at maybe Powell as a replacement

Just dropped him for Scott Chandler. To me, he's not an every down back. No chance with his size and skillset. I think everyone was looking for him to have a Darren Sproles-esque role (I hate saying this because it's being beaten into the ground) but there have been no signs that this is going to happen this year or even if it does, that he has the talent to capitalize on the touches.

He may have some big plays throughout the season but unless you're in a 14-16 team league, I can't imagine any instance where he'd be someone I'd consider starting.